Windows 10: Synology DSM 6.2 update?

Discus and support Synology DSM 6.2 update? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anyone seen the 6.2 update here yet? I have a 1817+ and while I saw a while ago a post that said DSM 6.2 had been released everytime I check on mine it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by veldthui, Jun 5, 2018.

1. veldthui Win User

Synology DSM 6.2 update?

Anyone seen the 6.2 update here yet? I have a 1817+ and while I saw a while ago a post that said DSM 6.2 had been released everytime I check on mine it says 6.1.7 is up to date.

Do I have to go the manual route?

:)

veldthui, Jun 5, 2018

2. Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 does not install on Windows 10

I tried to install packet tracer 6.2 and it goes through the set up then nothing is installed, no errors at all....6.1 installs but gives a black listed error for the extensions/Multi-users
    lan and wan.

Anyone else have issues with Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 install?

DanielWooden, Jun 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10, Synology samba server - random disconnecting

Hello,

Since update to Windows 10 my users have a lot of problems to work normally.

We have such topology:

• DFS namespace
      • link1 to synology share
        • shared dir 1
          • shared file 1.1.pdf
        • shared dir 2
          • shared dir2.1
            • shared file2.1.1
      • link2 to synology share
      • etc
    And since update to Windows 10, everyday after some time of work user (random time) has problem that file explorer 'taking' him up in folder view, for example user is in 'link1' -> go is trying to go to ' shared dir 2'. This is steps he follows:

• Going to 'My computer' -> everything ok
    • going to mapped drive with dfs namespace -> everything ok,
    • going to link1 -> everything is ok
    • going to shared dir 2 -> everything is ok
    • going to shared dir 2.1 -> for 2 seconds explorer is showing list of files and going again to 'shared dir 2',
    • users is trying again to go inside 'shared dir 2.1', now file list is present for 1 second and file explorer go up, 2 directories above!
    • next time user is trying to go inside he will be in DFS namespace.
    Other links to synology shares during this time is working normally.

User has to wait for about 10 minutes (maybe oplocks?) to get into folder.

Other directories in 'link1' during this 10 minutes are problematic too.

Let's say we have pdf file shared file1.1.pdf, we are going into folder and trying to open file, we have such statements:

• in Acrobat reader - file doesn't exist
    • in Windows 10 pdf browser - white page,
    • in foxit reader - Unknown error,
    • in Google Chrome - file opens normally!
    Do you have any idea what's going on and/or where to look for some answers?

• I cannot find any logs saying about lost connection or permission denied.
    • I've created Windows Firewall rules to disable firewall for domain
    • we have Eset firewall installed, but our LAN is in trusted zone and teoretically it is set to allow everything from that zone

PawełSzafer, Jun 5, 2018
Thema:

Synology DSM 6.2 update?

1. Synology DSM 6.2 update? - Similar Threads - Synology DSM update

2. PCIE 6+2 pin to 1x8 + 6+2 pin

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PCIE 6+2 pin to 1x8 + 6+2 pin: Hi, I have the Deepcool PF550 power supply, which is a 550W PSU that comes with a PCIE 6+2 pin. I want to connect it to a RX6700XT graphic card which requires the 1x8 + 6+2 pin. Is there a way to do it without changing PSU? Like a converter or something. Thanks
  3. Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days: Hi, it's quite bad that I encountered 6 BSODs in 2 days. I collected all 6 dump files related to these 6 BSODs and the Onedrive link is as follows. Hopefully someone can tell me what these 6 dump files have in common and what causes the BSODs? I'm wondering whether it is...
  4. Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days: Hi, it's quite bad that I encountered 6 BSODs in 2 days. I collected all 6 dump files related to these 6 BSODs and the Onedrive link is as follows. Hopefully someone can tell me what these 6 dump files have in common and what causes the BSODs? I'm wondering whether it is...
  5. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 2: Today, we are glad to release .NET 6 Preview 2. It includes new APIs, runtime performance improvements, and early builds of .NET MAUI. It also includes builds for Apple Silicon, which were missing for Preview 1. After the announcement of the overall .NET 6 release, we’re...
  6. Synology Drive won't work properly on surface 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synology Drive won't work properly on surface 2: I have Synology drive installed on my laptop with virtual files. When I look at the popup it is saying `Sync planned` in Dutch. On my android phone is it is working as well as my other Windows 10 laptop. [ATTACH] The weird part is that when my computers boots up and I...
  7. Synology sign in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synology sign in: I have a new windows 10 HP laptop v1903. Clicking on this PC shows connected devices. My problem is that clicking on DS.213j opens the Synology hard drive without a password being needed. I usually open the Synology in my main PC by searching under "Internet" where it can...
  8. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  9. Synology OpenVPN Performance

Synology OpenVPN Performance: I currently have an OpenVPN setup with a pfSense box. I'm thinking of ditching it and setting up OpenVPN on a Synology RS1219+ (need to upgrade current NAS for my wife's photography business). Does anyone know what kind of throughput one might get with the RS1219+? It has a...
  10. Synology 416j with independant disks

Synology 416j with independant disks: I want to use some spare HDD as a networked backup. I alread have a NAS in a raid but want this new one to just have independent disks in it. ie windows file explorer will show disk L, M, N, O for example, no RAID and not JBOD. I have tried a cheaper Startech 2 disk unit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synology nas windows fähigdsm 6.2

2. dsm 6 windows 1903

3. what app in synology dsm 6.2 do i need to make the nas show up on my windows 10 network