Windows 10: sys image backup does not work

Discus and support sys image backup does not work in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am using an ASUS A88XM-A mother board. I have made several system image backups on several different external drives. When i have tried to recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by toppergraph, Apr 15, 2016.

1. sys image backup does not work

I am using an ASUS A88XM-A mother board.
    I have made several system image backups on several different external drives. When i have tried to recover my system with the the backup drives I get the message the file format is incorrect ntfs your bios is set to EFI?.
    This is new to me ,I have explored the Bios and can not find any settings for EFI.

Can anyone enlighten me I am fed up of having to reload all my apps and software after having to re-install windows ten.

Ps i formated the drives using windows ten. in admin tools and right click format.

Regards Topper.

:)

toppergraph, Apr 15, 2016
  2. TMWGray Win User

Backup fails shows the error code 0x8007007B

Eeshwar Kumar,

Thanks for the response,

Prior to your reply I tried clearing the USB drive and creating a Sys Image and it failed. Message was:

Windows Backup encountered an error when writing data to the backup target. (0x80780166) time 26/05/2016 22:25 (UK time)

Additional information:

The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002). I gave up after that.

On receiving your reply today I created a Sys Restore point as advised.

I then tried a Sys Image only and it worked ok and completed the task. It also advised to create a Sys Repair Disc which I have done although I did have one I created earlier.

Creating a Sys Restore point seems a very easy and simple solution to resolve this issue and I’m a wee bit doubtful about it but I’m not a technical person. Perhaps it had something to do with clearing the USB drive (which was only 50% full). I will
    now wait and see if the scheduled Backup Files and Folders/ Sys Image task runs ok at 18:00 UK time. Hopefully it does the trick.

I’ll let you know.

Tom M W Gray

TMWGray, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Does System Image Backup include a File History backup

Old title : File History and System Image Backup

What do I look for on my external hard drive to verify that:

1) File History backup was successful (date and size) and that it included all my Outlook files and

2) that my System Image Backup was successful (date and size)?

3) Does Sys Image Bkup include a File History bkup?

Thanks

RichardBoyerFL, Apr 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

sys image backup does not work

Hi, can understand your frustration. Experience here has shown that sometimes using Windows Backup and Restore is not reliable. The recommendation I've seen a number of times from people who've used both is to use a more flexible 3rd party imaging program.

Macrium Reflect (free) is often recommended. It offers many more features than Windows system imaging, and of course offers a boot disk.

Hopefully someone familiar with Backup and Restore will comment on your specific issue.

dalchina, Apr 15, 2016
  5. Tnx for advice I shall try this its good to Know i am not the only one.

toppergraph, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sys image backup does not work

1. sys image backup does not work - Similar Threads - sys image backup

2. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...
  3. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...
  4. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  6. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  7. Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  8. win 10 backup and creating sys image

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 backup and creating sys image: when i create sys image and or backup manually in box on top reads back and restore (windows 7) but i am using win 10 please explain also i have it set to back up daily in setting and it shows last back up was three months ago. any ideas?...
  9. image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  10. Image backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...