Windows 10: Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Discus and support Sysprep and Audit Mode questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToniCipriani, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image:

- I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled?
    - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as well. Driver I'm thinking because I forgot to set the PersistAllDeviceInstalls flag before generalizing, but what about the Updates?
    - There's this defaultuser0 that got created. First I saw when I shut down in Audit Mode, it tried to log on to this user after shutting down. But I restarted, it went back into Administrator properly. Is this user safe to delete?

:)

ToniCipriani, Sep 4, 2015

2. How to exit System Audit Mode WITHOUT CMD or Logging in

Hi,

As long as the Audit Mode is not specifically told to exit, Windows stays and returns to Audit Mode even when rebooted. There is one valid method to exit Audit Mode: running the Sysprep and telling Windows to boot to OOBE/Welcome Mode. If you try to reboot
    your PC, are you getting the Sysprep dialog? Are you getting any other error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Sep 4, 2015
  3. DewgZom Win User
    Modify Edge Settings in Audit Mode

While setting up an image for Windows 10 Pro, while in Audit Mode, you cannot make changes to Edge. I'd like to be able to setup various settings (home page, pop up blocker, Home button, etc.) that will be set for every user via copyprofile in sysprep.
    IE11 can be setup this way, but Edge doesn't work in Audit Mode.

How do you make changes to Edge while in Audit Mode before sysprep/image creation?

DewgZom, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

1. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions - Similar Threads - Sysprep Audit Mode

2. Will Sysprep clear the audit logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Sysprep clear the audit logs: Hi,I wanted a confirmation on, Does shut downing instance with sysprep clear the audit logs generating windows event id 1102Regards,Anjani CM* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  3. Audit mode

Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  4. questions about sysprep

questions about sysprep: I am trying to work out how to sysprep a machine before taking an image with dism and I'm running into a few questions. - when I setup this image I did not use audit mode. I thought I could work around this by setting in the unattend.xml to copy the customizations of local...
  5. Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode

Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode: I am creating a new image for my company from a clean Windows 10 installation, and I want to use Audit Mode to set up the default profile. One of the programs we are required to have on all computers is Symantec Endpoint Protection which is pushed out as a remote...
  6. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  7. Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  8. Unable to enter Sysprep Audit Mode - Control + Shift + F3

Unable to enter Sysprep Audit Mode - Control + Shift + F3: Hi, Trying to boot into Audit mode with a Lenovo X1 Yoga G2. I am at the screen where I am prompted with "Who's Going to use this PC". When I press Control + Shift + F3 the system volume goes up. This is Windows 10 Enterprise, Build\Version 1709. How can I get into Audit...
  9. Trouble with Windows 10 system image - made with sysprep & audit mode

Trouble with Windows 10 system image - made with sysprep & audit mode: I followed this great tutorial an creating a custom Windows 10 image: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums Everything worked great and I put the image on several computers and all seemed to be working great - until I realized that...
  10. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep: How to: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: When Windows boots first time, the computer can start in one of the following two modes: .methodtop { margin: 8px...