Windows 10: Sysprep and cloned OS

Discus and support Sysprep and cloned OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I am setting up some computers that has to be locked down tight with local GPO. They are in a non-domain network and is only on the Internet. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by norway2016, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Sysprep and cloned OS

Hi.
    I am setting up some computers that has to be locked down tight with local GPO. They are in a non-domain network and is only on the Internet. Can I just clone the drives from one to the others without problems like dual SIDs? Do I need to run sysprep? *Tongue

:)

norway2016, Mar 4, 2016

2. Disable Superfetch permanently

We use Windows 10 version 1703 with underlying datastore as SSD for our performance activity.

High CPU utilization was seen after the completion of workload, as confirmed from task manager cpu hike was caused by Superfetch.

The Superfetch service was disabled and stopped from services.msc and same updated in regedit on Golden image. When the base image was used to clone new windows machine, Superfetch was enabled and running on these new cloned machines.

We do sysprep for cloning of new machines and looks like sysprep enables the service.

Is there any permanent way which can be used to disable Superfetch on Golden Desktop.

Please assist.

Thanks in Advance,

Anuradha

AnuradhaPrasad04, Mar 4, 2016
  3. sysprep broken on windows 10 build 10586

I am trying to sysprep After installing windows update 3136561, sysprep fails, with message that says "Sysprep was not able to validate your Windows installation. Review the log file a %WINDIR% \Ssytem 32\Sysprep\Panther\setupact.log for details.

I was able to run sysprep before installing update KB3136561, which changed the OS version to 10.0.10586

This is on windows 10, Enterprise.

The log says "spopk.dll : : Sysprep will not run on an upgraded OS. You can only run Sysprep on a custom (clean) install version of Windows."

This was a clean install, until KB3136561 did the upgrade to version 10.0.10586

Help

MarkTronrud, Mar 4, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Sysprep and cloned OS

Unless pcs are identical you will get driver issues.

Paid versions of Macrium Reflect Free or similar allow deployment of image backups to dissimilar hardware.

Could be cheaper than the time invested in using sysprep etc.

cereberus, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Sysprep and cloned OS

1. Sysprep and cloned OS - Similar Threads - Sysprep cloned

2. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  3. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  4. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.: I have a Windows 10 64 bit install I forgot which build, I think it was 1909 from a 3770K system that is giving me issues that I want to migrate over to a new 10700K system that I built. Since this was a sudden issue the 3770K system started giving me and I have many years of...
  6. Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.: I have a Windows 10 64 bit install I forgot which build, I think it was 1909 from a 3770K system that is giving me issues that I want to migrate over to a new 10700K system that I built. Since this was a sudden issue the 3770K system started giving me and I have many years of...
  7. Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.

8. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs: I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software, create the users, configure the local group policies and finally CLONE it without Sysprep (I believe Sysprep removes some...
  9. Sysprep for clone

Sysprep for clone: Reading this thread.. Solved How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's. - Windows 10 Forums Discovered the way to clone a computer is to run Sysprep then make the image for the other PC. I have one other computer I would like to have an identical setup on. However...
  10. Booting sysprep cloned image to spinning dots

Booting sysprep cloned image to spinning dots: hi. So I have imaged a Windows 10 HE that I have sysprep /generalize to OOBE on virtualbox. And written back that image (YES disk image not vm disk, don't ask me how) to my HP Stream 10 netbook. After fixing issue with the boot process, it boots now to the HP logo and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloned boot error after sysprep