Windows 10: Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

Discus and support Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I'm from France (sorry my English) I'm installing Windows 10 on new computer for my organization . I try to configurate one with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by superlulu, Aug 17, 2015.

1. superlulu Win User

Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

Hi Everyone,

I'm from France (sorry my English)
    I'm installing Windows 10 on new computer for my organization . I try to configurate one with fresh install (package of apps like Libreoffice, VLC, etc. for users) and custom desktop describes in this tutorial:

Default User Profile - Customize in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

It works fine, in audit mode I install apps, drivers, custom desktop and configure default apps like google chrome for internet browser, adobe reader for pdf files etc.

then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize. Everything is ok, I continue my install. Then I create new user local account. And when windows starts, I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed (Microsoft Edge replace Chrome, Pdf files are read with Edge, etc.) and Apps Windows like "Weather" or "Actualities" crash . I really don't understand what happened... i try many times for same issue...

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks a lot

:)

superlulu, Aug 17, 2015
  2. ivicask Win User

DISM import DefaultAppAssociations doesnt work anymore since build 1511

As Title says, i have problem since new 1511 build i cant set default apps in my sysprep images.

Dism.exe /online /Export-DefaultAppAssociations:c:\AppAssoc.xml

Than later before sysprep

Dism.exe /online /Import-DefaultAppAssociations:c:\AppAssoc.xml

This worked since windwos 7, and it also worked on previous windows 10 build (tho not perfect, some apps where not changed).

Now it doesnt work at all, not single app gets set.

ivicask, Aug 17, 2015
  3. how to install xap downloaded from uc browser

My stor appa games downlod

apps games, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

I never tried sysprepping 10 but i have faced similar issues with 8.1. Turned out that you need to save the default app associations to an XML file using DISM (before Generalizing the image ) and later import it.

Export or Import Default Application Associations

Configure, export, import App File Associations in Windows 8.1

I have used "Setupcomplete.cmd" to auto import the app associations during the last face of install.

Add a Custom Script to Windows Setup

You may also need to disable the new app notification before generalizing the image.

New App Installed Notification - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Anshad Edavana, Aug 17, 2015
  5. superlulu Win User
    Thanks a lot, i will try !
    Do you have any idea why windows apps crash when i'm logging with a new profile?

superlulu, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Anshad Edavana, Aug 18, 2015
  7. superlulu Win User
    script in windows\setup\scripts folder works find with import/export apps associations, thanks a lot ! it's amazing why it's so complicated !

I found also why my windows apps crash: windows is not activate ! I try with "Windows 8 Product Key Viewer" with msdm key but doesn't work... it fails... I'm testing to enter the key when it demands during install... after sysprep /generalize /oobe ... I will see

superlulu, Aug 18, 2015
  8. superlulu Win User

it's amazing, i cannot activate my windows 10 sysprep install, license blocked... The only way to activate windows 10 is to update since a windows 8 install...

superlulu, Sep 1, 2015
  9. syntax53 Win User
    Using the "Setupcomplete.cmd" to reimport the default app associations still makes them apply to the default profile? According to the description it seems like that is something that is run after the profile would have been created.

syntax53, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash - Similar Threads - Sysprep default apps

2. Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings: Hello,We have upgraded our Windows 10 image to 21H2. In Audit mode, default browser is Chrome, default video player is VLC Player. But after Sysprep, default browser resets to MS Edge, PDF's are switched from adobe to edge and etc. It also resets Power Settings, which is High...
  3. Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings: Hello,We have upgraded our Windows 10 image to 21H2. In Audit mode, default browser is Chrome, default video player is VLC Player. But after Sysprep, default browser resets to MS Edge, PDF's are switched from adobe to edge and etc. It also resets Power Settings, which is High...
  4. Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  6. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  7. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  8. Default Windows app are crashing automatically?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows app are crashing automatically?: After installing new OS windows 10 I am continuously facing this problem. How to fix it. Not just photos, all windows default application. Except for browser. I had already tried all these options and nothing worked....
  9. Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?: I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a Virtual Machine with an autounattend.xml script booting into Audit Mode after first reboot to customize the image! All the Store Apps installed and updated since my VM has an...
  10. Windows10 Setting Default App associations with DISM after sysprep not

Windows10 Setting Default App associations with DISM after sysprep not: Hi Everyone I am working on creating new Windows10 images for our organization. I am using CopyProfile during sysprep to create a default Windows profile with all our settings. For some reason the default app associations are getting cleared during sysprep. I need to find...