Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store

Discus and support Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Briandr73, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Briandr73 Win User

Hi,

While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing this in Audit mode is it also best to disable WiFi access so the Store cannot try to load more junk just prior to sysprep?

Thanks.

:)

Briandr73, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Just a few pointers:
    • You can always boot to Audit Mode even after the OOBE, command is
      %windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe /audit /reboot
    • When rebooted to Audit Mode and if you like to re-customize the default user profile, it will only affect all future user accounts but does not affect existing ones already present when you booted to Audit Mode. You can of course remove all existing user accounts if necessary before sysprepping
    • If rebooted to Audit Mode and existing user accounts are kept, you cannot use those usernames when back in OOBE after sysprepping. To create the initial user in OOBE you can for example simply create a dummy local user, let Windows finish the OOBE and boot to this dummy's desktop, sign out and sign in to your original admin account and remove the dummy account
    • Sysprepping an upgraded Windows is of course possible and only needs a key and a DWORD deleted in the registry and changing the value of two DWORDs. Instructions in this tutorial: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums, scroll down to the last part named Upgrade and its Step 2

3. Katrin Win User

Hi,

I have the same Problem like CanadianGooses with the Search-Bar using the LTSB-Release and the audit-mode.

(Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Page 32 - Windows 10 Forums)

But only, if the image is deployed as a part of a iso-file. How do you deploy your wim-file? Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks und greetings from Germany - .

Katrin, Jun 14, 2018
  4. nugen Win User

Thank you! *Biggrin

nugen, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store - Similar Threads - Sysprep audit mode

2. Windows blocking app from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows blocking app from running: Hi, I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from https://pacs.garfieldmedicalcenter.com/novaweb/ Normally, this works and there is an option to let it run. but every few...
  3. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Support
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  4. Windows 10 Home in S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home in S Mode: Hi, Please let me know how to disable Windows 10 Home in S Mode? Already I followed following steps: Microsoft Store App > In the app, search for "switch out of s mode" On the Switch out of S mode, selected Get button but it says unable to upgrade Try again. Let me...
  5. print from phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print from phone: How can I print the .LQM files from my LG phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/print-from-phone/33da2194-f03c-470b-a3a6-27452b01468b
  6. Switching Out of "S-Mode" Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switching Out of "S-Mode" Issues: Hi, So, I purchased a Laptop today for casual digital Card Games i.e. Hearthstone, MTGO, etc. And I have caught myself up on all the updates for Windows 10. Followed instructions as to disable S-Mode so that I can download the clients for the Games previously mentioned. So...
  7. Unable to swithc out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to swithc out of S Mode: Hello, Yesterday I got a new Surface and would like to switch out of S Mode, but have not had any luck. When I click "Install" the button goes grey for a moment and then is replaced with "Try Again" and the only message is "Something happened and we couldn't start the...
  8. Stop these screens from appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  9. Stop these screens from appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  10. How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown: I made contact with a company using their email address in the form of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (- I have changed the name to protect the company concerned but the STYLE is the same form) Despite many attempts to remove the said address I am unable to...