Windows 10: Sysprep for clone

Discus and support Sysprep for clone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Reading this thread.. Solved How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's. - Windows 10 Forums Discovered the way to clone a computer is to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BReeves, Oct 27, 2015.

1. BReeves Win User

Sysprep for clone

Reading this thread..
    Solved How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's. - Windows 10 Forums

Discovered the way to clone a computer is to run Sysprep then make the image for the other PC. I have one other computer I would like to have an identical setup on.

However when reading the link to Sysprep I ran across this..

Just spent two full days configuring my windows 10 installation and would hate to have to go through that ordeal again. The installation was an upgrade but it was to a clean fresh installation of window 7 and hoping I will be able to ignore the above warning.

Anyone used Sysprep with an upgrade and if so how did it go?

:)

BReeves, Oct 27, 2015

2. Disable Superfetch permanently

We use Windows 10 version 1703 with underlying datastore as SSD for our performance activity.

High CPU utilization was seen after the completion of workload, as confirmed from task manager cpu hike was caused by Superfetch.

The Superfetch service was disabled and stopped from services.msc and same updated in regedit on Golden image. When the base image was used to clone new windows machine, Superfetch was enabled and running on these new cloned machines.

We do sysprep for cloning of new machines and looks like sysprep enables the service.

Is there any permanent way which can be used to disable Superfetch on Golden Desktop.

Please assist.

Thanks in Advance,

Anuradha

AnuradhaPrasad04, Oct 27, 2015
  3. How to make a legal disk image of Windows 7 (or 10). I was hoping to create a disk image, sysprep it, and distribute it

Apologies as I am sure this has been asked and answered but I can't seem to find anything on how to make a legal disk image of Windows 7 (or 10). We have a bunch of PCs to redo at work and I was hoping to create a disk image, sysprep it, and distribute it.
    All the PCs have at least a legal Windows 7 OEM license, but last I checked you needed to own some version of volume licensing to make it legal. Any thoughts on how to make a legal clone sysprepped image are greatly appreciated. Note that we have about 100
    nodes and don't come anywhere near the 250 minimum licensing number. Thanks.

Original Title: disk clone image

PapaJon_s1, Oct 27, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Sysprep for clone

5. BReeves Win User
    Actually haven't tried anything yet, was waiting to see if someone like yourself would provide any tidbits, which you did and probably saved me hours of trying to figure out how to make it work.
    Thanks...

BReeves, Oct 27, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    Unless you have more than 5 computers to use this method for, I think a straight forward backup image should be good enough.

badrobot, Oct 27, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Has the other computer Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 installed? You can run a utility contained in Windows 10 setup to create an activation token for the other computer as described here. Then save it in a USB Flash drive. Install Windows 10 on the first computer, install any applications and make it the way you want. Clone the first hard disk to the other computer, disconnect from the internet, so it won't try to activate automatically. Load Windows 10, it should deactivate due to the change in hardware or serial numbers if hardware is the same. Copy the activation token to the appropriate location as described in the link and replace the old token when asked. Now you should be able to restart the computer and connect to the internet to automatically activate Windows 10 using its own activation token. Since the token was produced using a separate Windows 7 or 8 installation, it should work and also be legal. Check other applications in case they also need activation. Change serial and activate as appropriate. Don't forget to change the computer name so you won't have conflicts with both computers connected at the network.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
  8. BReeves Win User

Sysprep for clone

Thanks Spapak, sounds like another good tip. The target computer will have a fresh installation of 7 SP1 activated with proper hardware drivers before I start and this sounds like the easiest way to get where I want to go.

BReeves, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sysprep for clone

1. Sysprep for clone - Similar Threads - Sysprep clone

2. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  3. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  4. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.: I have a Windows 10 64 bit install I forgot which build, I think it was 1909 from a 3770K system that is giving me issues that I want to migrate over to a new 10700K system that I built. Since this was a sudden issue the 3770K system started giving me and I have many years of...
  6. Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.: I have a Windows 10 64 bit install I forgot which build, I think it was 1909 from a 3770K system that is giving me issues that I want to migrate over to a new 10700K system that I built. Since this was a sudden issue the 3770K system started giving me and I have many years of...
  7. Not sure if I should use /generalize and/or /oobe with sysprep to clone install to a new PC.

8. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs: I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software, create the users, configure the local group policies and finally CLONE it without Sysprep (I believe Sysprep removes some...
  9. Sysprep and cloned OS

Sysprep and cloned OS: Hi. I am setting up some computers that has to be locked down tight with local GPO. They are in a non-domain network and is only on the Internet. Can I just clone the drives from one to the others without problems like dual SIDs? Do I need to run sysprep? *Tongue 42988
  10. Booting sysprep cloned image to spinning dots

Booting sysprep cloned image to spinning dots: hi. So I have imaged a Windows 10 HE that I have sysprep /generalize to OOBE on virtualbox. And written back that image (YES disk image not vm disk, don't ask me how) to my HP Stream 10 netbook. After fixing issue with the boot process, it boots now to the HP logo and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep clone windows 10 pc