Windows 10: Sysprep issue (miracastview)

Discus and support Sysprep issue (miracastview) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know there has been a lot on this issue, But the workaround doesn't work. Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from When Syspreping window I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yacob bean, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Sysprep issue (miracastview)

I know there has been a lot on this issue, But the workaround doesn't work. Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from When Syspreping window I get an error says " Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a
    user but not provisioned for all users.
    I know there has been a lot of forums on this issue, But the workaround doesn't work. "Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a Windows 10 Version 1703 computer to the Windows 10 Version 1709 computer." That didn't work. I have tried removing all the apps Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage (Which I know MS doesn't recommend), but that what fix the issue a few updates ago. Is there another way of fixing this issue without moving files from another computer or removing Miracastview. Also, can you switch over from normal window 10 to window 10 LSTB as an upgrade? I prefer using window LSTB, but ex-coworker made the image in normal window 10. The image has software that we need and no longer can get (Business went under).

I don't understand why this is still an issue. There has been sysprep issue since the beginning of window 10. All of the issue has to deal with window apps. Window 10 is a nightmare for admins.a Windows 10 Version 1703 computer to the Windows 10 Version 1709 computer.

:)

Yacob bean, Mar 20, 2018
  2. JonW2016 Win User

Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

I had the same problem, checked the logs and they basically said Windows was unable to remove the Miracast app.

Tried multiple suggestions, nothing worked until I found this:

Failed to sysprep and capture Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709

Basically Microsoft have pushed out their 1709 image without the Miracast app installed, to fix:

• Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a working 1703 build into the C:\Windows directory on the 1709 machine
    • Restart and then run sysprep

Sysprep should then run successfully!

Josh

Josh Hackett, Mar 20, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Sysprep issue (miracastview)

Welcome to TenForums @Yacob bean

Miracastview would be the 'Wireless Display Media Viewer' - a strange app that appeared in 1703, disappeared again in 1709 and no one seemed to know what it was for...
    Cumulative Update KB4016240 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.250

@Kari is a sysprep 'guru', but while we for him wait you may like to review this thread...
    (if you have not already seen it)
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup

5. I did check out that Thread. Most of the people got it working by copying the MiracastView to C:\windows. Which didn't work. When doing a PowerShell Command Get-AppxPackage -name "*mir*" Nothing shows up. It's annoying that you have to download 1703 again just to get the MiracastView folder. Why doesn't Microsoft put the MiracastView folder on their website to download?

Yacob bean, Mar 20, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Well, let's hope Kari can suggest a solution then.

7. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 version 1709 introduced a change regarding built-in admin account that in my opinion is extremely stupid not good and is causing issues: it is now possible to use UWP / Store apps when signed in in Audit Mode for image customization with built-in admin credentials, and it is now possible to switch built-in admin to a Microsoft account. This can't be reversed; there's no way to switch it back to local account or disconnect built-in admin account from MS account.

Not going into issues that users who have accidentally switched built-in admin to a Microsoft account (easily done!) will get when that MS account will be hacked, deleted or is for any reason inaccessible, the change that concerns me more is that because UWP apps, Store and Windows Update now work without issues in Audit Mode / with built-in admin credentials, Windows starts updating UWP apps automatically and as soon as a single UWP app is updated, you will get the app provisioning error if running Sysprep with /generalize switch. Only solution is to remove UWP apps.

You can of course run Sysprep without issues if you do not need to generalize Windows image, but as generalizing is at least to me the single most important reason to run Sysprep in the first place, that's nothing for me.

I have worked around this issue simply by installing Windows 10 in reference machine (I use Hyper-V VM for that) without network connection, creating an additional VHD callet Assets and copying all installers for software I want to / need to add to deployment image plus all theme files, desktop backgrounds and so on to this Assets disk, then adding it to reference VM and doing everything without connecting reference machine to Internet.

Doing it this way will let you sysprep and generalize without app provisioning issues.

On another note, why would you need Miracast app from older version of Windows 10? Casting to Miracast devices is built-in in Windows, you do not need any additional apps or packages for that.

8. Bree New Member

I suspect it got included in 1703 in error, see this thread and in particular post #14.
    Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sysprep issue (miracastview) - Similar Threads - Sysprep issue miracastview

2. Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues: I accidentally ran Sysprep (Out of box experience / Generalize) and now my computer is behaving erratically. Running Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a restore point. Is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/QREL_ [link] [comments]...
  3. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  4. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  5. 1909 sysprep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 sysprep issues: I've frequently encountered issues with sysprep failing since 1903 due to some issue with spopk.dll. replacing it with an 1809 or earlier version of the same .dll typically fixed it, but since upgrading to 1909 this will allow it to sysprep, but when deploying a captured...
  6. Sysprep

Sysprep: I'm trying to sysprep a machine ready for deployment but keep getting an error due to the Welsh interface pack installed, this has worked with every version except for this 1809. Other versions used to be a LIP file but it's not with 1809. The log error is - Package...
  7. Account issues when using Sysprep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account issues when using Sysprep: So I've got a set of virtual machines i'm setting up, and I want to create a "base image" I can use to clone for each one. So, I created a new VM, installed Windows 10 Pro (unactivated), downloaded the latest updates, then ran Sysprep and told it to "Generalize" and shut...
  8. Office issue after sysprep

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office issue after sysprep: Hi everbody, I've deployed for my compagny Win10 with custom image on acer pcs. I've used sysprep for install programs and customize profil. Thanks Kari for this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...e-sysprep.html All is fine. But I have a new problem on...
  9. SYSPREP Issues

SYSPREP Issues: Windows 10 Enterprise x64 So I am using the unattend.xml file below and the command. sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:c:\windows\systems32\sysprep\unattend.xml I use Windows PE/Ghost to capture/deploy after the shutdown. I've had various levels...
  10. SYSPREP issues

SYSPREP issues: Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it? BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend...