Windows 10: Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

Discus and support Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Whelan189, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Whelan189 Win User

Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep,

At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive)

then boot into windows and on the first screen comes with language, i press ctrl+shift+F3 into audit mode.
    I install one program VLC Players to test, I then go into sysprep in system 32 and place two files,

unnatend.xml

and a bath file to ''Echo off
    cd c:\windows\system32\sysprep
    sysprep /oobe /generalize /unattend:c:\windows\system32\sysprep\unattend.xml''

this then reboot striaght back into audit mode and not OOBE, not sure what I am doing wrong, have tryed a few client machines to see if this is the problem...

any help would be appreciated, been troubshooting for few days now, many thanks

:)

Whelan189, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Just a few pointers:
    • You can always boot to Audit Mode even after the OOBE, command is
      %windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe /audit /reboot
    • When rebooted to Audit Mode and if you like to re-customize the default user profile, it will only affect all future user accounts but does not affect existing ones already present when you booted to Audit Mode. You can of course remove all existing user accounts if necessary before sysprepping
    • If rebooted to Audit Mode and existing user accounts are kept, you cannot use those usernames when back in OOBE after sysprepping. To create the initial user in OOBE you can for example simply create a dummy local user, let Windows finish the OOBE and boot to this dummy's desktop, sign out and sign in to your original admin account and remove the dummy account
    • Sysprepping an upgraded Windows is of course possible and only needs a key and a DWORD deleted in the registry and changing the value of two DWORDs. Instructions in this tutorial: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums, scroll down to the last part named Upgrade and its Step 2

Kari, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

How to exit System Audit Mode WITHOUT CMD or Logging in

Hi,

As long as the Audit Mode is not specifically told to exit, Windows stays and returns to Audit Mode even when rebooted. There is one valid method to exit Audit Mode: running the Sysprep and telling Windows to boot to OOBE/Welcome Mode. If you try to reboot
    your PC, are you getting the Sysprep dialog? Are you getting any other error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

1. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE - Similar Threads - Sysprep Reboots Audit

2. URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep: WOW! I just installed Windows 11, and it looks very beautiful! Don't know why people have bad reputation though. Anyways, I missed the user account creation OOBE which looks absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to see that again, that is why I used Sysprep, just to know that...
  3. URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep: WOW! I just installed Windows 11, and it looks very beautiful! Don't know why people have bad reputation though. Anyways, I missed the user account creation OOBE which looks absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to see that again, that is why I used Sysprep, just to know that...
  4. Will Sysprep clear the audit logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Sysprep clear the audit logs: Hi,I wanted a confirmation on, Does shut downing instance with sysprep clear the audit logs generating windows event id 1102Regards,Anjani CM* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  5. OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death: So my company provided me a new Lenovo Yoga laptop, but accidentally ordered it with 10 Home instead of Pro. After some wrangling with an ISO of Pro that we had on hand, I was upgrading my computer only to run into the OOBE Loop. I tried detaching all peripherals, disabling...
  6. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  7. Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  8. Audit Mode going into OOBE

Audit Mode going into OOBE: Hello all, Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file? 78210
  9. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...
  10. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep: How to: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: When Windows boots first time, the computer can start in one of the following two modes: .methodtop { margin: 8px...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. back to audit mode

2. reboots to audit mode

3. sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize /reboot

4. I just sysprep and rebooted