Windows 10: Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

Discus and support Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Briandr73, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Briandr73 Win User

Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

Hi,

One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not happen. In the Generalize section of unattend.xml PersistAllDevicesInstalls is set to True. Execute sysprep \oobe \generalize \unattend:C:\unattend.xml. Prior to doing so in an attempt to quiet the store disable wireless adapater (Probably not best way, but I doubt this is contributing to issue). On reboot I can clearly see some command window open and close. Sysprep stalls with an error from Synaptics about an error when an uninstalling. I can't even get access to keyboard or mouse to take a look at the system to see what else sysprep feasted itself on. I know you can also hard code into the registry the above mentioned setting. This last time around I neglected to do so. But what is bugging is me why the unattend did not process. I know it went through it because there is a section for creating a secondary admin type account.

I also tried to uninstall the Synaptics software and force windows to use a generic driver, which worked. But post sysprep re-boot I got same error. How is this possible when the offending software uninstalled before running sysprep again.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Briandr73, Jun 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Sysprep - App preventing Sysprep

Thanks for the info. Tried that several times. The app does not show up in the list. The attempt to remove it with powershell prompts the error: The system cannot find the file specified. Where is sysprep getting its info? Where can I go to refresh the
    list of installed apps? Is there a reset function for the installed apps?

Andrew Kelzer, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

1. Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true - Similar Threads - Sysprep W10 Drivers

2. Sysprep removes all SQL logins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep removes all SQL logins: I have two instances running on SQL Server 2017 - SQLEXPRESS and MYINSTANCEI've added a few users to MYINSTANCEHowever when I run Sysprep on the device, it deletes all but sa and Builtin\Users.It appears to leave the users on SQLEXPRESS alone however.How can I prevent this...
  3. Remove w10

Remove w10: I am trying to remove w10 and go back to Ubuntu. I am signed on as Administrator and not as Local Administrator. Followed the instructions here on how to remove the Fast Start. However, they are not working. Any ideas how to do this? Any help appreciated. 138725
  4. Remove w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove w10: I am trying to remove w10 and go back to Ubuntu. I am signed on as Administrator and not as Local Administrator. Followed the instructions here on how to remove the Fast Start. However, they are not working. Any ideas how to do this? Any help appreciated. 138725
  5. Bluetooth driver continuously being removed or disengaged...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver continuously being removed or disengaged...: I have a Lenova Yoga laptop that continuously looses bluetooth and all connectivity related... how can i fix this?B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-continuously-being-removed-or/e81c5038-ba16-42b7-bce2-911b30843077
  6. Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

in Windows 10 Support
    Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true: Hi, One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not happen. In the Generalize section of unattend.xml PersistAllDevicesInstalls is set to True. Execute sysprep \oobe...
  7. Removing Intel Security True Key .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Intel Security True Key .: How, exactly does one get rid of this? I ran the "uninstall" from the program files, and it no longer appears in c:/program files. It also removed the "Short Cut". However if I power off and then on again, It still appears at the login/passport window.. I can't find where...
  8. Driver Letter Change Post Sysprep

Driver Letter Change Post Sysprep: Preparing upgrade to 10 Did clean install Window 7 to customize, sysprep, image, install on several duplicate PCs prior to upgrade 1st drive is SSD, 2nd is HDD SSD partition c: os and d: virtual box HDD e: data wrote answer file move user and program data from c: to e:...
  9. Driver Auto Load Fail with sysprep

Driver Auto Load Fail with sysprep: Greetings all, I am working on creating a new master image to deploy windows 10 64 to a new of different models throughout our organization. Currently I am having difficulties getting the drivers to be "auto Detected" The Sysprep command I am using is : sysprep...
  10. Acronis True Image to restore after W10 install??

Acronis True Image to restore after W10 install??: I installed the Preview on a couple machines with 10" screens and while I liked the overall look and feel, I didn't care for it on those smaller screens. So I took them back to originals which was a totally no fun process. Probably because I did the restore using the MS and...