Windows 10: Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user?

Discus and support Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a system image of Windows 10 LTSB with all the latest updates that I would like to create a syspreped system image with, however, my problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shamoy, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Shamoy Win User

Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user?

Hi, I have a system image of Windows 10 LTSB with all the latest updates that I would like to create a syspreped system image with, however, my problem is I don't want it to ask me to create a new user every time I deploy it on a machine? I tried searching for solutions and it said I should make an answer file but I am also reading that a lot of those features have been deprecated and unsupported since Windows 8. I'm a noob at this and I'm scared of messing up as I'll have to do days of work all over again. Please help.

:)

Shamoy, Feb 11, 2017

2. Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user?

Hi, I have a system image of Windows 10 LTSB with all the latest updates that I would like to create a syspreped system image with, however, my problem is I don't want it to ask me to create a new user
    every time I deploy it on a machine. I tried searching for solutions and it said I should make an answer file but I am also reading that a lot of those features have been deprecated and unsupported since Windows 8. I'm a noob at this and I'm scared of messing
    up as I'll have to do days of work all over again. Please help.

Shamoy12345, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user?

Hi,

For in-depth assistance regarding your concern with Windows 10 Enterprise edition, we recommend that you post your inquiry on

TechNet
    forum.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. Kari Win User
    The tutorial Bree linked to in above post has instructions in downloading Windows SIM (System Image Manager) and how to use it. As the tutorial is for making a general install image without any pre-set users, creating a user is not covered.

See the tutorial for Windows SIM download and usage instructions, here's how you add a local admin user:

1.) In WSIM, expand component Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup > UserAccounts, right click LocalAccounts, select Add Setting to Pass 7 OobeSystem:

Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user? [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

2.) Right click LocalAccounts in Answer File pane, select Insert New LocalAccount:

3.) In Properties pane, type account Description, Display name, Group and username:

4.) If you also want a password being created instead of letting end users to create it by themselves, expand the new user account in Answer File pane and select Password, type the password for this user:

5.) If a user account was created in Answer File, Windows setup will bypass user creation and boot directly to sign-in screen asking for password (if created). If no password was already created in Answer File, setup asks user to create one:

That's it.

About deprecated Answer File components, you have got somewhat wrong information. Some settings and components are deprecated but this will be clearly told in Properties pane:

6. Shamoy Win User
    I see, thank you very much for explaining this stuff well. I'd like to ask 2 questions. Can I create the answer file in a different Windows partition or do I specifically need to do it on the one I want to image? Also, if I already have a user called "Billy" who is a local administrator, just entering the name in the Answer File properties will make Windows boot straight into that user (and ask for password if there is none)?

Shamoy, Feb 14, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
    An answer file can be created on any computer and then be used on another machine. I always use a Hyper-V virtual machine to create my deployment images, making answer file on my host machine then copying it to virtual machine to be used when sysprepping.

I must say I don't understand your question?

It is never a good idea to sysprep an existing Windows installation with existing user profiles / accounts. When you do this correctly you install Windows to a technician machine, booting it to Audit Mode before any user accounts have been created, do your customisations, install software and updates, then sysprep it.

Doing this there is no "ready made" user Billy, just a clean Windows image. Users ("Billy" or any other user account) will be created in answer file.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sysprep Windows 10 LTSB without creating new user? - Similar Threads - Sysprep LTSB without

2. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  3. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  4. Windows created a new user without permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Relocate windows user/s profile WITHOUT SYSPREP

Relocate windows user/s profile WITHOUT SYSPREP: I am at the basic configuration stage of the new system (current version of Windows 10 pro) just installed last week (finally). Before I begin installing a plethora of software I need, I want to shift the profiles off the SSD to a more robust HDD to save wear-n-tear. I found...
  6. Creating a new user on WIndows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a new user on WIndows 10: Can someone signpost me to some decent instructions on how to create new users on my laptop using an email address. I tried to do it yesterday and I can indeed log into it from the lock screen but I seem to have created two top level folders called ngwil and...
  7. sysprep created new admin folder

sysprep created new admin folder: I saw this problem in a very old post on this forum. I accidentally Fragged my computer after several years of no problems. I unintentionally ran sysprep. Now I have 2 admin user folders. The original Alan and the new one alanw. Can't restore from older image. The new alanw...
  8. sysprep created new admin folder

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep created new admin folder: I saw this problem in a very old post on this forum. I accidentally Fragged my computer after several years of no problems. I unintentionally ran sysprep. Now I have 2 admin user folders. The original Alan and the new one alanw. Can't restore from older image. The new alanw...
  9. Sysprep & Windows Store Updates for new users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sysprep & Windows Store Updates for new users: Hi everyone, i am using Sysprep in Audit mode to customize Windows 10 and then i make it OOBE with Generalize option so i can use the image in different computers. In Audit mode i fully update the Windows Store Apps but after creating the OOBE and deploying the image to a new...
  10. SysPrep Win 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB & Retain Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SysPrep Win 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB & Retain Activation: This is likely a stupid question, but asking anyway as to get a solid answer I can bring to my manager if need be. We are working on upgrading machines on a network, that is not routable to the outside world. They are on a 192.xxx network, but cannot see outside of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 enterprise ltsb audit mode