Windows 10: "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

Discus and support "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yo! Installed Win10 yesterday for free, everything went without a hitch that day. Today after rebooting and having installed new updates, I fire up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tehterokkar, Feb 7, 2016.

1. "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

Yo!

Installed Win10 yesterday for free, everything went without a hitch that day. Today after rebooting and having installed new updates, I fire up World of Warcraft and after a minute of playing I get a freeze for 20 seconds, followed by an error message from Windows that WoW is causing memory issues.

I open up Task Manager and WoW is sitting at a happy ~1.5GB RAM usage, while another program called "System and Compressed Memory" is at 3.4GB RAM usage, after a minute it went back down to ~200MB, but kept spiking to 1-2GB

I read up on this process online, but only ever came up threads of people having issues about it consuming too much CPU, mine was sitting at 0-1% usage during that lockdown for that process.

The process is supposed to help RAM usage, but so far it has only caused issues, and I never had any RAM issues on Win7. So, is there a way to shut this thing off?

:)

Tehterokkar, Feb 7, 2016
  2. hyo1411 Win User

System and compressed memory background high cpu usage after resuming from Hibernation

The step to reproduce (always works on my laptop):

- Power on, the machine works normally. 'System and compressed memory background' process doesn't consume any significant CPU and memory (my system has 8 cores CPU and 16 GB RAM).

- Close lid and leave it long enough, system enters to hibernation. After resuming, 'System and compressed memory background' process consumes constantly 15% of CPU (1/8 core), it is needed to reboot to make the system work normally. Very annoying

The system is up to date (Windows 10 Pro 1511).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

hyo1411, Feb 7, 2016
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Feb 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

"System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

Hi, don't know if you've seen this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...23a?auth=1This is the update that is causing my system memory to go higher. Sometimes over 300mb to 500mb
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262)

The minute i uninstall this update everything goes back to normal and system memory is taking up no more that 20mb

Now since I am on windows 10, windows keeps wanting to install this update. How do I stop it from installing this update?
    (The answer to that is one of the tutorials in the Tutorials section, above).

================
    There is what seems to be a way to stop it here, but I certainly can't vouch for that- you can tell us the results if you try it.
    group policy - How to disable Windows 10 memory compression? - Super User

dalchina, Feb 7, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    Or you can use Windows Update MiniTool

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

1. "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM - Similar Threads - System Compressed Memory

2. memory compression

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  3. memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  4. memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System RAM memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...
  6. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  7. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  8. System and Compressed Memory

System and Compressed Memory: Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was fine. System and Compressed...
  9. Poor system performance with memory compression

Poor system performance with memory compression: So, I'm having a hard time being convinced that memory compression (aka. Superfetch) is designed to improve system performance, because ever since I upgraded to windows 10, it's been doing the exact opposite. Now, I'm one of those guys who likes to leave their system on...
  10. What is System and compressed memory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is System and compressed memory ?: Why it's taking 380MB of my memory ? Does it important or there is a way to disable it ? 44359