Windows 10: System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?

Discus and support System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; From the beggining when I installed win10, 2 months ago, I didnt have any major problems with system. yesterday I experienced freeze, not even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Acronis, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Acronis Win User

System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?

From the beggining when I installed win10, 2 months ago, I didnt have any major problems with system.
    yesterday I experienced freeze, not even bluescreen but system just collapsed so I could only press reset button.

Tried to reboot but it wont.
    I had 2x4GB kingston ram, so I suspect that memory is the problem, unplugged one modul and reboot, and the system rebooted. It worked all day yesterday without freeze, just this morning it freezed again, this time screen went black but hard drives are still working.
    Rebooted couple of times but every time it goes black after few minutes.
    It goes black when I start some application, such as firefox, or when I perform some action, like closing the application.
    What could be the problem?

Is this hardware of software problem?
    Could it be that memory modules broke, one after another? It sounds unlikely but I dont know.
    Is it possible that CPU is broken so it can broke RAM memory?

I tried to repair system files, sfx /scannow, it said that there is some files but it could not repair it.
    I dont know how to read log file and which files to repair manually. Is there some manual on now to repair system files?
    I also runned chkdsk and it found no problem on C:\.

My machine: Asus MB p8z77-le, intel i52500K, samsung evo 840 ssd, saphire r9 280x,
    I didnt used this machine for any OC or anything like that. Also I have UPS installed.

Dont know where to start from here?
    How can I repair windows, if I understand when I boot from win-dvd it offer me to do clean install or to save my settings to separated folder? I cant repair/refresh windows 10 system and keep all my settings?

If you have any idea how to fix this, let me know because I am desperate. *Sad

:)

Acronis, Oct 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Keeps Crashing

Did all of this a while ago and the system freezes, crashes and has become slow, unstable and unreliable!

Frankly, regret ever "upgrading" to Windows 10 from Win 7 Pro! I am thoroughly disgusted!

ValdisGailitis, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 problems.

Hey Shawm,

It's the pain in the **** again. The video link you kindly sent doesn't have sound but my system doesn't match the pictures shown. I'm very grateful for all your help but I've wasted so many hours on Windows10 and it just isn't worth it. File Explorer keeps
    freezing on me and the whole system is becoming more and more unstable. When I get a bit of time I'm going to revert to XP but I am very grateful for all your efforts.

Denis

DenisBarrett, Oct 2, 2015
  4. Acronis Win User

This is the log I got:

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe00122e234c0
    Parameter 2: fffff8018c7ccc9c
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 4
    OS version: 10_0_10240
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

Acronis, Oct 3, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Acronis,

Welcome to the 10forums.

atikmpag.sys is a driver from AMD for the display.
    Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD

Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please try following:

• Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD? [​IMG]

System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD? [​IMG]

axe0, Oct 3, 2015
  6. Acronis Win User
    Thanks, I couldn't go into safemode, when I try it just reset the PC and log me in windows.
    Here is the log:
    MEGA

Acronis, Oct 3, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    The file MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png and the source are corrupted.

Please try following command in admin command prompt
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] If there are problems with RestoreHealth, please follow step 6 or 7 (depending on the file you have from the download) from the tutorial DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Tutorial

axe0, Oct 3, 2015
  8. Acronis Win User

Thanks, I'll try that. Since that is only an image, do you think that could be the reason for windows crash?

Acronis, Oct 3, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    A corrupted picture causing a crash, the thought is weird, but corruption could cause it.

axe0, Oct 3, 2015
  10. Acronis Win User
    I thought so.

Here is the result of DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth:
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

Acronis, Oct 3, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    *Thumbs
    Try sfc again and see if sfc says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation"

12. Acronis Win User
    There still are corruption, log file:

MEGA

Acronis, Oct 3, 2015
  13. Acronis Win User

Now, after I fixed the bootmenu, I entered in safemode
    runned sfc/scannow
    "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

boot in memtest, pass, no errors.

System is more stable that it was, but it is still unstable after I start some program that requires more memory and
    system recources.
    I just got black screen.

This is message I got:
    Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.10240.16431, time stamp: 0x55c9bba1
    Faulting module name: CortanaApi.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55bebfac
    Exception code: 0x80000003
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000151c23
    Faulting process id: 0x728
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ff88fa9ad671
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\CortanaApi.dll
    Report Id: 19e12d53-06f4-470b-9ab4-7649b53e4adb
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.4.8.176_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

I dont need this Cortana, (if that is the cause of crash?) can I turnoff?

Dont know where else to look? What else could be the cause?
    Where exactly in Event viewer should I look for this last crash?

Acronis, Oct 4, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. Acronis Win User
    Thanks, I checked Cortana settings and all were allready turned off.

Acronis, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD? - Similar Threads - System become very

2. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  3. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  4. Unstable System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unstable System: Win 10 64 21H1:I'm experiencing random reboot issues. It started during the latest update series. After the last update, it happens often enough the system is unusable. I've attempted to restart in safe mode and once got as far as the American Megatrends BIOS. I noticed that...
  5. BSOD on new build. crashes constantly. Very unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on new build. crashes constantly. Very unstable: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X X570 phantom gaming 4S Mboard GEForce 1660 TI graphics Windows 10 Pro version 2004 161488
  6. System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update: With terrible experience after loading of 2004 update 1. Winwod Live Mail does not work and need to add registry to fix. 2. Slow initial program loading of Window Media Player. 3. Slow initial program loading of Google Chrome, even reinstalling cannot fix. 4. Unstable...
  7. WiFi connection very unstable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection very unstable.: Hi, I have an HP 250 G3 laptop running with Windows 10. The problem is with the wifi connection, it falls out too often, every five minuts more or less. I uninstalled the WiFi adapter and installed it again several times already, and it's updated too. Can anybody help,...
  8. Backup and Restore utility become unstable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore utility become unstable: Hello, got following issue as described in title without any reason. No major changes in OS been done since last fully functional back-up was run. And now Backup window gives me "no responding" title, but most importantly it gives me error code "0x80070578" (Invalid Window...
  9. Very unstable local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very unstable local network: Hi there, I have a very small local network consisting of a desktop and a laptop both running windows 10 fall creator. The desktop is connected by cable to a router and the laptop connected via wifi. The desktop's file manager can see the laptop, but the desktop is not...
  10. Unstable system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unstable system: I am so fed up with my laptop! Nothing but problems since I bought it!!! For some odd reason my system is not stable at all. I was discussing some of this in conjunction with another issue I'm having (setting up making an iso of windows 10 before the end of July deadline...