Windows 10: system catagory in settings will not open

Discus and support system catagory in settings will not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open settings I can open all of the other categories except system. When I search for a setting that would be in the system category I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by renzoenzo, Aug 22, 2018.

1. renzoenzo Win User

system catagory in settings will not open

When I open settings I can open all of the other categories except system. When I search for a setting that would be in the system category I can't open it. The screen just sits there with the settings symbol.

:)

renzoenzo, Aug 22, 2018

2. new catagory for system specs

Can we get a catagory added in system specs for SSD?

BarbaricSoul, Aug 22, 2018
  3. JIMHAUGEN Win User
    email msgs will not open in outlook. catagories will not open in outlook

email msgs in outlook will not open. catagories such as junk msgs will not open

JIMHAUGEN, Aug 22, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. system catagory in settings will not open - Similar Threads - system catagory settings

2. Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings: A while ago, my pc started to display a message saying the configuration system failed to initialize every time I open it. After this message started popping up, I couldn't open my settings. I'd try to open it and it would start to open, but after a while it would stop from...
  3. Settings not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not opening: My settings menu doesn't open. It looks like the window is opening then it closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-opening/3114b7d0-9e72-4387-a52f-c1a9006fe61c
  4. Settings not opening

Settings not opening: the settings will not open. it starts to then just disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-opening/26361a6a-8beb-4f26-9723-263f97fdb899
  5. System Settings

System Settings: My System Settings will not open, I have rebooted my computer, attempted to open it through different files, and have even reset my computer to a previous system to no avail. I have already looked at other suggestions that you have given and not one has been successful. What...
  6. open settings

open settings: I have tried to open settings and it clinks on for a second and then closes. I then try again to open it and the same thing happens. It opens, closes and goes away. Please tell me how to open settings....
  7. File system error (-2147219196) Settings menu will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File system error (-2147219196) Settings menu will not open: Hello, I ran into an issue where my settings would not open, i tried every shortcut and troubleshooting fix i could think of, and even some on the internet. However, Its like the settings menu doesn't exist. The settings opens up for a split second, then quits, and i cant...
  8. settings is not opening

settings is not opening: I recently starting using this laptop again, and windows 10 was pre-loaded. For some reason, I cannot open settings. I need to change the clock....
  9. Settings not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings not opening: Hello, I have a problem, the Settings wouldn't open and also the other metro apps such as start menu, Store etc. doesn't open as well. I've tried restarting, resetting apps using Powershell, EnableLUA is at 1 also. [img] I'm using Build 9926 Any help would be greatly...
  10. Several System Settings not opening/stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Several System Settings not opening/stuck: Hey guys. I've just clean-installed windows 10 here, then updated everything possible. Now when I try to open the following system settings, nothing happens: Apps & Features Storage Offline maps Windows is digitally activated and scannow found no errors. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings system catagory