Windows 10: system catagory in settings will not open

Discus and support system catagory in settings will not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open settings I can open all of the other categories except system. When I search for a setting that would be in the system category I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by renzoenzo, Aug 22, 2018.

1. renzoenzo Win User

system catagory in settings will not open

When I open settings I can open all of the other categories except system. When I search for a setting that would be in the system category I can't open it. The screen just sits there with the settings symbol.

:)

renzoenzo, Aug 22, 2018

2. new catagory for system specs

Can we get a catagory added in system specs for SSD?

BarbaricSoul, Aug 22, 2018
  3. JIMHAUGEN Win User
    email msgs will not open in outlook. catagories will not open in outlook

email msgs in outlook will not open. catagories such as junk msgs will not open

JIMHAUGEN, Aug 22, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. system catagory in settings will not open - Similar Threads - system catagory settings

2. System won’t open settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System won’t open settings?: So with the new windows update my task bar was missing for a while, and I did all the works, from opening task manager to restarting my pc multiple times and the only way I could do anything was from the mini arrow that was on my task bar and now after this newest update from...
  3. System won’t open settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System won’t open settings?: So with the new windows update my task bar was missing for a while, and I did all the works, from opening task manager to restarting my pc multiple times and the only way I could do anything was from the mini arrow that was on my task bar and now after this newest update from...
  4. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  5. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  6. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System settings dont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings dont open: System settings dont open and frezzes settings page , but all others like apps, accounts, customization works well, i have tried to access the settings via search bar, workspace but dont work, im using the lastest windows versions i think 02/21...
  8. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

Display/System Settings not opening WIN10: Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to change my screen resolution and this is bothering me. I just a few hours ago resetted my PC back to...
  9. decent program launcher with catagories

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    decent program launcher with catagories: hey all, I recently got a new PC after about three years of not having one to myself I just spent way too long looking for cute icons to organize shortcuts to my various programs, however, in the default windows explorer they just don't look very good. I have spent way too...
  10. System settings won't open

System settings won't open: All of the other setting tabs work perfectly fine, but when I click on System, settings app just crashes. I have ran SFC and DISM and they haven't fixed my problem. Any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings system catagory