Windows 10: System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

Discus and support System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install, Including a system image of the system after the clean install, Thinking may do one more clean up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Jun 25, 2016.

1. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

Hi All

Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install, Including a system image of the system after the clean install, Thinking may do one more clean up prior to Anniversary update then just update to it, and all is good

Avast is used for Antivirus protection right now, Malwarebytes Free as well, Firestorm viewer is my most used Secondlfie viewer, requires flash plugin, utorrent was installed to get a Linux iso for other machine (since wireless kept acting up on other system)

:)

AMDMan2016, Jun 25, 2016

2. Edge Anniversary Update

Microsoft: Please fix Edge so it plays audio on this website: Port Everglades Webcam - Live Streaming Video from PTZtv

Edge worked fine on these PZTtv sites prior to the Anniversay Update. Now...no Audio.

EdBurke 928, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversay Update

Had updated to the anniversay update. Now it cannot show full screen on the monitor. The resolution is not correct. Did not face this problem since upgrade to Windows 10.

Please help.

unknow+885, Jun 25, 2016
  4. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

Seems decent, I have not actually seen such a clean setup in years.
    I would get rid of Java, it is worse than flash, but I guess you need it.

TairikuOkami, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Yeah might need it for Firestorm, not sure, I guess I could try removing it, and see if any program requires it

AMDMan2016, Jun 26, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    I would uninstall (not only disable them) all resident AV and antimalware programs just before the upgrade, they are known to make problems at that time.

CountMike, Jun 27, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    It's very likely something requires Java and uninstalling it might break the application.

BunnyJ, Jun 27, 2016
  8. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

Yeah Libreoffice ended up requiring Java, so all reinstalled, and all is well I think for the moment--3rd party Antivirus/Malwarebytes i'll uninstall prior to installing the upcoming Anniversary update

AMDMan2016, Jun 27, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would definitely do that (and never re-install them, but that's just me and a bunch of other forum members' opinion here). I would also do a good hard drive cleanup using option 2 here:

Disk Cleanup - Open and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2016
  10. Yup will do Disk cleanup as well, PC pretty clean after clean install, but won't hurt to tidy up prior to Anniversary update late in july, And I should've never reinstalled resident av in the first place after the clean install, but live and learn

AMDMan2016, Jun 27, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    Avast has own uninstaller you can download and it does good job of removing it.
    Don't forget sfc /scannow and dism.

CountMike, Jun 27, 2016
  12. Yes I knew on Avast uninstaller, and sfc /scannow and dism commands, will be sorted with that items in just a bit here, doing some other tasks currently, minor file backup, pictures and a little music, and such, this shouldn't take too long lol I don't think

AMDMan2016, Jun 27, 2016
  13. eLPuSHeR Win User

System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

I think latest LibreOffice incarnations don't require Java anymore but I may be mistaken. Latest version is 5.1.4

eLPuSHeR, Jun 28, 2016
  14. Think without Java, Latest Version of Libreoffice indeed working fine, just tested spreadsheet app opening, and Writer, no issues reported

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

1. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update - Similar Threads - System Cleanup Prior

2. running system / windows cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    running system / windows cleanup: how long does that take and how can i "see" my computers progress? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-system-windows-cleanup/d4dd6b8c-48c5-415f-a360-5be02bac749c
  3. WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE: HEY THERE, I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 AND NOW THE ACTIVATION SCREEN WONT LOAD OR OPEN UP! SO MY PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS IS NOW "NOT ACTIVATED" AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.....
  4. Windows 10 update cleanup

Windows 10 update cleanup: Before taking a disk image I do a cleanup of junk files. Windows 10 update cleanup would have to be a joke. It only takes a couple of hours and does not really do anything. I could do a fresh install in the same time. Instead of giving everyone crap we didn't want in the...
  5. System Tunup Prior to Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Tunup Prior to Fall Creators Update: Hi All System Tuneup prior to Fall Creators update, then again I may just do a clean install, not sure yet Windows 10 Pro x64 15063.540 AMD FX 8310 8 Core Radeon R7 240 video card Avast Free Antivirus Malwarebytes3 Mainly want the best performance and system...
  6. Google Search not saving in IE11 since Anniversay update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Search not saving in IE11 since Anniversay update of Windows 10: Since the anniversay update of Windows 10 the search history will not save. Does anybody know how to get it to save? or is this the latest ploy by Microsoft to get us all to change to their Edge browser? 70310
  7. can't upgrade to Win 10 Anniversay

can't upgrade to Win 10 Anniversay: The upgrade installation fails at around 70% with the error code 0xc1900107. How can I correct this error so the update will install. I presently have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1511. 61129
  8. Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!

Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074683) - Fails to install!!! In deed I have windows 7 home premium and need to update to windows 10 home but the above update failed and I could not update to windows 10 home. Please what to do in this specific...
  9. won't upgrade to windows 10 anniversay

won't upgrade to windows 10 anniversay: I've just about given up. After doing EVERYTHING suggested in all the forum and online suggestions, I still get the error 0xc1900101-0x30018. I've disabled all non microsoft services, disabled wi-fi adapter, tried with a ISO burned to a DVD. Nothing solves the problem. If...
  10. After Win 10 anniversay update, can not drag and drop.

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win 10 anniversay update, can not drag and drop.: After Win 10 anniversay update, I cannot drag and drop. I have to cut & paste. any help with this? Thanks*Smile 59852