Windows 10: System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash

Discus and support System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having a problem lately where I would be using a moderately resource-intensive application and it would crash completely, and the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tiss, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Tiss Win User

System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash

I've been having a problem lately where I would be using a moderately resource-intensive application and it would crash completely, and the system clock in the lower right-hand corner would change. This happens especially when playing games, but it also happens whenever a BSOD occurs. I've tried a few things, like restricting application access to the system clock, but nothing worked. This has only happened once before, but now it's a lot more frequent. I'm not sure what else to post here, as this is all the information that I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tiss, Jan 2, 2017
  2. hibashira Win User

Nokia 770 2006 OS unstable

Just upgraded to the new OS and are having stability issues. Two of the most prominent (and repeatable) ones are:

1. Browser crashed often. On certain sites (e.g. www.forumshawaii.net), scrolling either with the scroll bar or stylus drag often crashes the browser. Once crashed, the browser will not function for any site. A reboot is necessary.

2. Reboot causes the system clock to reset to 1969. Very irritating coupled with the problem above.

hibashira, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Expired certificate problem

Make sure that your clock is set correctly. Expired certificate errors are often caused by the phone thinking the application isn't supposed to exist yet.

sockatume---01, Jan 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Try changing the NNTP server to a location near you:
    Configure Internet Time (NTP) options in Windows 10

NIST Internet Time Service

See important note 3 in the second link:
    3. The generic name time.nist.gov will continue to point to all of our servers on a round-robin basis, and users are encouraged to access the service using this name.

Also might want to look at replacing the button style CMOS battery on the motherboard - one function of that battery is to keep the system clock running.

NavyLCDR, Jan 2, 2017
Thema:

1. System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash - Similar Threads - System clock changes

2. Systems & Applications Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Systems & Applications Crashes: Hi, hope everyone is well.I've been having an issue with my computer that I cannot troubleshoot for the life of me. I have been having random crashes on applications and Windows itself - BSODs are frequent I'll have a couple a day and Discord / Firefox crashes too often to...
  3. Systems & Applications Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Systems & Applications Crashes: Hi, hope everyone is well.I've been having an issue with my computer that I cannot troubleshoot for the life of me. I have been having random crashes on applications and Windows itself - BSODs are frequent I'll have a couple a day and Discord / Firefox crashes too often to...
  4. Applications randomly crashing

Applications randomly crashing: Good morning. I have an issue with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome crashing after being open 5-10 minutes. Can I just note, this is happening on both my desktop and laptop. When one crashes, the other one crashes at approximately the exact same time. I do not have multiple...
  5. Applications randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications randomly crashing: Good morning. I have an issue with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome crashing after being open 5-10 minutes. Can I just note, this is happening on both my desktop and laptop. When one crashes, the other one crashes at approximately the exact same time. I do not have multiple...
  6. Random applications crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random applications crashing: Faulting application name: WhatsApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6374cccbFaulting module name: WhatsApp.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6374cccbException code: 0x00001007Fault offset: 0x0000000004affd76Faulting process id: 0x0x13B0Faulting application start time:...
  7. Random applications crashing

Random applications crashing: Faulting application name: WhatsApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6374cccbFaulting module name: WhatsApp.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6374cccbException code: 0x00001007Fault offset: 0x0000000004affd76Faulting process id: 0x0x13B0Faulting application start time:...
  8. system crash randomly and often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crash randomly and often: Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a minute after restart sometime several minutes after during random actions webbrosing, using file exlorer, playing a video, playing...
  9. Random system crashes caused by atikmdag.sys / ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random system crashes caused by atikmdag.sys / ntoskrnl.exe: * Dump and msinfo32 file link * Hello, I recently assembled a Windows 10 desktop PC which has been getting random BSODs multiple times a day. The most common error I'm getting is "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" caused by atikmdag.sys, but I've also seen other ones before,...
  10. Clock Changes to Random Times

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock Changes to Random Times: Hello, My computer's clock has been randomly changing itself for about two months now, and it seems to be happening a lot more often than it was before. At first, I thought it would just blow over, but it never went away. This can happen when I'm watching a video online,...