Windows 10: system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup

Discus and support system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have W10TP b10240 and I've been reading about this option for "System compression" in Disk Cleanup. I wanted to take it for a whirl, but I don't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hogrnahro, Oct 3, 2015.

1. hogrnahro Win User

system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup

I have W10TP b10240 and I've been reading about this option for "System compression" in Disk Cleanup. I wanted to take it for a whirl, but I don't seem to have the option .
    how to add in the disk cleanup option*Sad

system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup [​IMG]

:)

hogrnahro, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Ang087 Win User

Disk Clean up showing Downloaded Program Files as 3 TB, Hard drive is 147 GB.

That's what Windows Update Cleanup was showing after I ran Disk Cleanup. That 3 TB showed up after August 9th's security updates were downloaded and installed. I went ahead performed Disk Cleanup including deleting or getting rid of the 3 TB that was showing for
    Windows Update Cleanup.

I ran check disk to make sure there were no errors and there were none that showed up. Disk Cleanup got rid of the 3 TB. I figured it was as it stated: Windows Update cleanup deletes or compresses older versions of updates that are no longer needed and taking
    up space.

But how can our hard drives keep 3 TB of older versions when you have a 147 GB hard drive and I have 750 GB hard drive? That's the question because it showed up in Disk Cleanup for both of us.

Ang087, Oct 3, 2015
  3. CLEAN UP SYSTEM FILES USING WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

Hello,

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may use new Windows 10 Disk Cleanup system Compression Feature,
    You use it to remove junk from your computer, freeing up space. It can remove downloaded program files, temporary files, temporary Windows installation files, offline web pages, and log files, as well as empty the recycle bin and remove old thumbnails.

Disk Cleanup will check your system and then present you with a list of things that can be removed to free up space. Scroll down and you’ll see a "System Compression" option. This will tell you how much space can be gained.

Note: Running Disk cleanup may remove files from Windows.old folder. If you run Disk cleanup to clean your files you may not be able to use the new recovery feature "go back to previous Installation" in Windows 10. Run Disk cleanup and other
    system maintenance task only if you do not need to get back to previous operating system within first 31 days after upgrade to Windows 10. After 31 days Windows.old folder will be automatically be deleted by automatic system maintenance performed on the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Fell free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 3, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

lx07, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

1. system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup - Similar Threads - system compression showing

2. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk compression: I'm using Windows 10 with a remote USB Seagate SSD drive that is password protected. My disk filled up. I used the compression feature in Windows to make space. My PC is a laptop. My disk is 1 TB. Evidently the compression feature automatically, file by file compresses them...
  3. Disk Cleanup, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Cleanup, Windows 10: Disk Cleanup does not remove any of the following files: Windows Update Cleanup 54MB Windows Defender Antivirus 20 MB Temporary Internet Files 13 MB. I have tried running Disk Cleanup as Admin by right-clicking in Administrative Tools. Is Disk Cleanup bugged? How do I...
  4. Disk cleanup doesn't compress OS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleanup doesn't compress OS drive: I have an ASUS tablet with a 64 GB SSD drive. It is running out of space. When I do disk cleanup, it offers to compress my OS drive, potentially saving 13 GB. I have run the utility a number of times, and it doesn't do anything. It often doesn't even delete files from the...
  5. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup

Windows 10 Disk Cleanup: When I run the disk cleanup option, it suggests there is 1.421gb of data in downloads, but there is nothing there (including after switching on hidden items) ???? I'm worried about what this means and if I choose delete, what will actually be deleted form where??? Here is...
  6. COMPRESSING OS DRIVE NOT WORKING ON DISK CLEANUP

COMPRESSING OS DRIVE NOT WORKING ON DISK CLEANUP: I need more space to update windows, the disk clean up offers me more than enough space if I compress my OS drive but it will not compress the drive and I am continually unable to update windows 10. No matter what I do there is not enough space on my basic hard drive, only...
  7. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  8. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  9. compress os drive -disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    compress os drive -disk cleanup: hello i have an option to compress my os(c)(solid state) drive which saves me 21Gb how does this work could any issues arise from doing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress-os-drive-disk-cleanup/bf92056b-bbb1-45b7-907a-ccd3f949213a
  10. "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup: Hello, while I was conducting a disk cleanup I noticed a large amount of 10 GB under "Compress your OS Drive." After it was finished the 10 GB was still there. I have tried it several times and it just doesn't clean up. Any thoughts? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system compression isnt showing up indisk cleanup

2. i cant find system compression on disk cleanup

3. compress os drive not working