Windows 10: System Configuration will not save...

Discus and support System Configuration will not save... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to set new parameters for System Configuration (I have done it in the past for years), I get the message below that it cannot save tge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Funkyecat, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

System Configuration will not save...

When I try to set new parameters for System Configuration (I have done it in the past for years), I get the message below that it cannot save tge settings since it cannot find the file specified. ???

System Configuration will not save... [​IMG]

:)

Funkyecat, Apr 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 update KB4057247 (and two others) removed all my pin-to-start apps links

Hi Dennis,

How might these configurations be saved and restored?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Hutchings, Apr 28, 2017
  3. dpkTomar Win User
    configuration setting not saved

I have done setting manually then its working.

dpkTomar, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

System Configuration will not save...

1. System Configuration will not save... - Similar Threads - System Configuration save

2. System configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    System configuration: I have been using Excel files over the last few weeks and again today with no issues however today when I went to go back into files that I had been working on earlier an error box popped up saying "Error The operating system is not currently configured to run this...
  3. MSCONFIG "system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration" Error

MSCONFIG "system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration" Error: Hello, I am trying to use MSCONFIG to set the number of cores and maximum amount of ram on my Windows 10 PC. Every time I enter MSCONFIG by; 1) Pressing the Windows Button on my keyboard while holding "r" at the same time 2) Typing "msconfig" into the search bar [ATTACH]...
  4. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  5. Windows could not finish configuring the system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not finish configuring the system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While installing or settingup various editions and versions of Windows operating systems, the computer is prone to be throwing various errors. One such error is Windows could not finish configuring the system error. The full error is- Windows could not [...]...
  6. Configuration system failed to initialize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuration system failed to initialize: When i turned on my laptop message would appear; Another instance is running. Configuration system failed to initialize. I don't know if it has anything to do with this but this message started showing up after ive rebooted my laptop because my brightness feature wasn't...
  7. Configuration system failure

Configuration system failure: When starting Windows I get message "Configuration system failed to initialize. Another instance is running" I also get the message "This option cannot complete because the other program is running. Choose switch to activate the busy program" Sometimes switching works,...
  8. System Configuration Services 'Stopped'

System Configuration Services 'Stopped': Hey, a few months ago several services stopped functioning on my computer (including printing), and when I checked System Configuration, it said all these services were 'stopped'. There are no apparent ways to set these to 'running', and I was wondering if anyone knew a way...
  9. Configuration System Failed to Initialize

Configuration System Failed to Initialize: After downloading to latest Windows 10 Upgrade Releasea few weeks ago, I get this message: "Configuration System Failed to Initialize". It won't go away. Someone in the Windows Community suggested a "Clean Boot" of the computer. I am very concerned that if I do a clean...
  10. system configuration does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    system configuration does not work: Suddely, system configuration will not work. I try to check the number of cores or change bootup and nothing will register. It use to work fine. 82827