Windows 10: System connects and disconnects USB drives...

Discus and support System connects and disconnects USB drives... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This one puzzles me... If and when a USB extrernal drive connects to the front panel of the desktop system, it shows this: [img] Note: Drive "R" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cr00zng, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

System connects and disconnects USB drives...

This one puzzles me...

If and when a USB extrernal drive connects to the front panel of the desktop system, it shows this:

System connects and disconnects USB drives... [​IMG]

Note: Drive "R" is a removable drive, connected to the the motherbord's SATA II port.

I've tried this tutorial, but it did not change the duplicate drive letters in Explorer. That's quite alright for the time being since that's not really an issue. The issue is the system keeps disconnecting the USB external drive and the Explorer shows this:

After a short time, the system reconnects and the AV wants to scan the drive again:

Rinse and repeat in every couple of minutes.

The disk manager shows the "Drive 7" as "N":

And bounces just as well as the Explorer and just as frequently:

The drive has been tested with other desktops, laptops with various OSs and it works just fine. It even work just fine, if and when it is connected to the monitor's USB 3 port; the USB hub on the monitor is connected to a USB port in the back of the PC case.

I am lost on how to address this, any help would be appreciated.

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jul 25, 2018

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 25, 2018
  3. The drive is connected with USB but will not Initialize on Windows 10

Hello Moksha,

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB drive on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to the specific drive?

Try few of the below workarounds to identify the cause for the issue:

• Connect the USB drive to different ports and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the port.
    • Connect the USB drive to different computer with different ports to check if the issue persists with the drive or the computer.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates from Windows Updates on your device and check if you are able to access the USB drive.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 25, 2018
  4. System connects and disconnects USB drives...

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown System connects and disconnects USB drives... :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: Support Answers

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

System connects and disconnects USB drives...

1. System connects and disconnects USB drives... - Similar Threads - System connects disconnects

2. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  3. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  4. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Drive Disconnecting

USB Drive Disconnecting: Hello.Whenever I plug in my USB Drive it doesn't appear in File Explorer, and it keeps playing the disconnecting sound.Can someone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-disconnecting/e426688c-10e3-4dce-9a2c-c99841dcbedf
  6. USB connecting and disconnecting

USB connecting and disconnecting: This is a sort-of follow on to my earlier question about cables. Tethering a camera to a tablet, laptop or desktop generally takes a couple cables (often a USB on-the-go cable). So I have a 3 meter Amazon Basics USB 3 Type-A extension and a 1M USB 3 Type-A to micro B. Works...
  7. No access to every USB drive I connect to the system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to every USB drive I connect to the system: Hi, I am unable to access the files from the USB drive I connect to the system, as it says that "You don't have permissions to access this folder", then when I click on continue, it says "You have been denied permission to access this folder". The USB drive is not showing...
  8. Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?: Sometimes I hear the audio for a USB connection/disconnect, so maybe a device is malfunctioning, but when I try to find the tray icon it's too late. Is there a log? Thanks! submitted by /u/j---train [link] [comments]...
  9. Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot

Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot: Hi! So as written in the subject, each time I boot my Windows 10 system, I will constantly hear that USB connect/disconnect sound since a couple of time. It will last about 1 minute then the sound will stop. The thing is that I don't use any USB devices and it does that so...
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows connect 10.0.17763.1