Windows 10: System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards

Discus and support System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recently got a EVGA 1050 ti FTW to replace my R9 270X which died a while ago. The card comes in and immediately after installing it I get power on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ricecracker, Jan 16, 2018.

1. System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards

Recently got a EVGA 1050 ti FTW to replace my R9 270X which died a while ago.

The card comes in and immediately after installing it I get power on issues. Eventually I manage to get into Windows. But then Windows crashes. The machine will power on for a few seconds then shut off. Or it might not power on at all.

Because I have two desktops, I just swap the 1050 TI into my other PC and it runs fine. Doesn't seem like the card is the issue. Anyway, for kicks, I order a Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC 2GB just to see if maybe my system doesn't like EVGA or otherwise needs a less power hungry card (not that 1050 ti is power hungry). That, and the mobo, like the card, is from Gigabyte. So it made sense to me to try.

Okay, so the GTX 1050 arrives and I pop it in. The computer seems to boot normally. But within 5 minutes, Windows freezes. Then it goes straight to reboot. It will skip POST (even though I have fast boot disabled) and go straight to the sign in. Rinse, repeat.

Notes:

1) This isn't the first time the machine has rejected nvidia cards specifically. Had an EVGA GTX 960 I had to return because the display drivers kept crashing. Now these 1050 and 1050 ti's don't work. The only discrete GPU that's ever worked in this is R9 270X.

2) The machine runs fine in Safe Mode. And for the first few moments of Windows being online, everythings okay. It's only after I start trying to do anything that it crashes. One thing that is sure fire guaranteed to crash it is opening Chrome. But this generally applies to any app, really.

3) I've tested different nvidia drivers, updated mobo firmware, updated Windows, booted to safe mode, tried different video cards; reseated the GPU. It's made no difference.

4) The iGPU on the A10 runs fine. The computer runs great on the integrated graphics.

Error Codes:

Error: The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated with the following error: A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure. Event ID: 7023

Warning: The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available. Event ID: 34.

Specs:
    AMD A10 APU Kaveri 7850K,
    Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI,
    16GB Kingston Fury (2133),
    Silverstone SFX PSU 550W
    ITX Case Raven RVZ01B (requires PCI riser/adapter to connect GPU to mobo)
    EVGA GTX 960, 1050 TI; Gigabyte 1050 OC 2GB

This is a mini-ITX system so my troubleshooting options are rather limited due to specialty parts and case constraints. Thoughts, folks? Tell me I'm not crazy.

:)

ricecracker, Jan 16, 2018
  2. sbyyz Win User

Web Browsers/ when browsing computer freezes

I also have the same freezing happen. I also think it is browser related. I use Edge, IE, Chrome. It freezes with all of them. I have a clean 64-bit install on a Dell Xeon server with lot of memory. I changed the graphics card from an older Nvidia workstation
    card to a newer consumer (Window 10) card. I was getting a lot more crashes (not freezes) with the older Nvidia card. Even with the latest drivers for Windows 10.

I was using Windows 2012 Server R2 as a workstation prior to changing to Windows 10 on the same hardware (except for the new Nvidia card). The previous OS worked perfectly but was lacking in some consumer side web features I wanted in Windows 10. So I switched.

I also think there is a video driver issue still present in the latest Nvidia driversfor the Windows 10 certified video cards. It could be Microsoft's fault or Nvidia's fault. However, the fact that many people are reporting such problems and it is unlikely
    that they all have Nvidia cards makes me think this is a Microsoft sourced problem.

Microsoft,

Any feedback to these comments? Any updates coming our way to fix this MAJOR issue?

sbyyz, Jan 16, 2018
  3. ctsui Win User
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 crashes on light use of graphics card, alternate drivers for win 10?

Late, but I'm still running a GTX460 v2 with Windows 10 and basically all new drivers from MS or NVidia will eventually crash if I do any gaming. From full on system freezes to frozen screens that you can ctrl-alt-del to reset only to have it freeze in a
    few seconds. Desktop work is fine.

The only way I can have stable gaming is using NVidia's 347.88 drivers.

ctsui, Jan 16, 2018
Thema:

System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards

1. System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards - Similar Threads - System crashing freezing

2. System freezes then crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System freezes then crash: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  3. System freezes then crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System freezes then crash: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  4. System freezes then crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Nvidia graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  6. System using Integrated Graphics instead of NVIDIA Card

System using Integrated Graphics instead of NVIDIA Card: Hello, When I check Task Manager while running many programs Chrome, Discord, Spotify etc.and connecting to a wireless display. It shows that my Intel integrated graphics Intel Core i5 9th gen is being tasked with handling everything. while my NVIDIA graphics card NVIDIA GTX...
  7. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  8. Freeze Crash and Nvidia Driver Stopped Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze Crash and Nvidia Driver Stopped Responding: Hello everyone, I recently did a clean install to get Windows 10, but I'm getting two issues atm. The major one is a freeze crash where the computer will freeze, and the have the audio go really slow, robotic or at other times it will stutter/repeat. Sometimes the...
  9. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...
  10. Windows 10 Recurring Crash/Freeze - nVidia?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Recurring Crash/Freeze - nVidia?: I'm hoping someone can help me with a recurring Windows 10 crash. First of all, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Soon after, I began to experience crashes at apparently random times. in this case, "crash" always means display goes dark, monitor powers down,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the nvidia display container ls service terminated with the following error:a generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure.

2. the nvidia localsystem container service terminated unexpectedly

3. The NVIDIA Display Container LS service terminated with the following error: A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure

4. the nvidia localsystem container service terminated with the following error:a generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure.,
  5. The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated with the following error: A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure.,
  6. the nvidia localsystem container service terminated unexpectedly. it has done this 1 time(s). the following corrective action will be taken in 6000 milliseconds: restart the service.,
  7. The NVIDIA Display Container LS service terminated with the following error: A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure.,
  8. the nvidia display container ls service terminated unexpectedly,
  9. the nvidia display container ls service terminated with the following error:a generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure,
  10. The NVIDIA Display Container LS service terminated with the following error:,
  11. nvidia localsystem container service terminated unexpectedly,
  12. The NVIDIA Display Container LS service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 6000 milliseconds: Restart the service.,
  13. nvidia error 7023,
  14. tricaster nvidia display driver service service terminated unexpectedly,
  15. nvidia localsystem container service terminated