Windows 10: system defrag

Discus and support system defrag in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 SYSTEM is 15% fragmented and should be optimized. When I click on optimize it very quickly runs down the percentage numbers as though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by coned1022, Jun 12, 2016.

1. coned1022 Win User

system defrag

My Windows 10 SYSTEM is 15% fragmented and should be optimized. When I click on optimize it very quickly runs down the percentage numbers as though it's doing it's job. But then it settles again at 15%. I already tried a manual defrag command. That didn't help. All my other drives are perfect.

:)

coned1022, Jun 12, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Defrag system

That's normal. Nothing to worry about.

BulldogXX, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Defrag system

Using Windows 10 and my hard drive appears to be fine except for system which jumps from 67% to 33% but then I reanalyze and nothing. Could it be that my anti-virus is blocking it?

BruceKingshott, Jun 12, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

system defrag

What type of drive is it? Make and model....

f14tomcat, Jun 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jun 12, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Jun 12, 2016
  7. hTconeM9user, Jun 12, 2016
  8. coned1022 Win User

system defrag

My computer is an HP TouchSmart. System Type: 64-bit OS, x 64-based processor. If that's not what you wanted to know, please let me know where I can find that info

coned1022, Jun 12, 2016
  9. coned1022 Win User
    Did the defrag using auslogics.com. Still have the same problem. Here is the print screen of the defrag screen
    system defrag [​IMG]

coned1022, Jun 12, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    If you could take a screenshot of the screen where you are optimizing your disk drives and still see the 15%, that would be helpful. Follow these two tutorials on how to take a screenshot and how to post the picture here in your reply. Your screenshot should look similar to this:

system defrag [​IMG]

Screenshot - Take in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Jun 12, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Ok, there's your answer. That is a reserved system partition. With no drive letter. It cannot be defragged. It's small, about 100MB. Just ignore it.

f14tomcat, Jun 12, 2016
  12. coned1022 Win User
    Thank you for the Info. One less thing to worry about I guess. I still have some issues with this machine but I'll save them for another day. LOL!!!

coned1022, Jun 12, 2016
  13. f14tomcat Win User

system defrag

You're welcome. And by the way, Auslogics is far superior to the defrag that comes with Windows. And the reason Auslogics didn't make any difference is that it did not see that partition because it has no drive letter. You have nothing to be concerned about, with defrag! Have a good one! TC

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

system defrag

1. system defrag - Similar Threads - system defrag

2. how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.: i have a WDthe brand 2t external hard drive. i was copying many videos from my phone's internal storage directly to it until it stopped froze and i canceled the copying process, and when it got stuck canceling i unplugged it. when i plugged it back in it took my pc quiet some...
  3. how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.: i have a WDthe brand 2t external hard drive. i was copying many videos from my phone's internal storage directly to it until it stopped froze and i canceled the copying process, and when it got stuck canceling i unplugged it. when i plugged it back in it took my pc quiet some...
  4. how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get my defrag to optimize the 26% fragmented on my system reserved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my defrag to optimize the 26% fragmented on my system reserved.: I have run analyze and optimize several times. It doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-defrag-to-optimize-the-26/137068a1-d6df-4c19-9a63-955d71d04104
  6. How do I get my defrag to optimize the 26% fragmented on my system reserved.

How do I get my defrag to optimize the 26% fragmented on my system reserved.: I have run analyze and optimize several times. It doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-defrag-to-optimize-the-26/137068a1-d6df-4c19-9a63-955d71d04104
  7. How do I get my defrag to optimize the 26% fragmented on my system reserved.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to defrag system disk "D" in windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to defrag system disk "D" in windows 7: My system disk that contains windows 7 is 36% fragmented. When I try to defrag it wont. If I tell other drives to defrag they will defrag. I understand you cant defrag the drive a windows in on. This laptop is so slow I blame it on the 36% what can I do to get some of my...
  9. How to defrag system disk "D" in windows 7

How to defrag system disk "D" in windows 7: My system disk that contains windows 7 is 36% fragmented. When I try to defrag it wont. If I tell other drives to defrag they will defrag. I understand you cant defrag the drive a windows in on. This laptop is so slow I blame it on the 36% what can I do to get some of my...
  10. Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve": My system reserve thing is stuck at 17% Fragmented "Needs optimizing" I can't get it down 183053