Windows 10: System disconnects from building antenna during sleep.

Discus and support System disconnects from building antenna during sleep. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; System disconnects from building antenna. When set to set and reopen. My building is wired with antennas? throughout each floor and across each floor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

System disconnects from building antenna during sleep.

System disconnects from building antenna. When set to set and reopen. My building is wired with antennas? throughout each floor and across each floor.

:)

Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017

2. Sleep mode issue Dell laptop.

I have a Dell 15-3552 running Insider build 17634. When I put it into sleep mode the AC power disconnects from battery and won't reconnect on waking computer till I unplug the AC from the charger and reconnect it. Unplugging the charger output from the
    computer doesn't restore charging mode only disconnecting AC power input. I had enabled hybrid sleep and set the laptop to wake from my wireless mouse but disabling that didn't fix the issue.

CharlesMickler, Apr 11, 2017
  3. NOKIA 6280-Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth Car Kit a few questions....

When in Bluetooth mode the phones internal antenna is used and will pick up the signal from wherever it can, if its close to the passive antenna in the kit it "may" uae" that but it wont be a significant improvement over the normal signal.

When plugged into the carkit bluetooth is disconnected and the phone will use the passiveantenna (still through the phones internal antenna of course) but it will typically be a stronger signal than the normal signal.

When connected to either system then the audio is passed through the car kit and may be fed through the cars speakers with a suitable wiriing loom.

I hope that helps?

megadodo---01, Apr 11, 2017
  4. System disconnects from building antenna during sleep.

Hi Funkyecat.

Open Device manager, find your network adapter, open properties, click on power management tab. If you a check mark in the box beside "Allow the computer to power off this device to save power" remove it please.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Funkyecat Win User
    This was done a long time ago when it frequently did not connect. Now with the wodows 10 updare it totally disconnects. Thanks Microsquish.

Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Have you set Power saving mode to Maximum performance in Wireless Adapter setting under Advanced Power Options?
    You could also try switching to different DNS address(OpenDNS, GoogleDNS etc).

brummyfan, Apr 11, 2017
  7. Funkyecat Win User
    Power saving mode is set correctly.
    I use OpenDNS.

Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017
  8. System disconnects from building antenna during sleep.

Do you know if the building made changes to their system? Can you identify when this stated? Did you or did Windows update drivers, you can check Windows update history.

If you run "ipconfig /all" how long are your IP addresses being leased for?

Could you also please check to see if Wi-Fi sense is disabled on your device. I guess I should first ask, is this a secure network, one that requires a password. This setting, wi-fi sense is found under Wi-FI withing Network and Internet.

Ken

9. Funkyecat Win User
    This is not a paid system. WiFi sense on. No changes to system. Originally about a month ago the system would cut off when coming out of Sleep and I just Disonnect and reconnected. After the current Win 10 update it totally disconnects. There were/are no changes to setting. There is no password protection.

Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    One thing I noticed after the Creators Update was that on resuming from hibernation my WiFi would only reconnect automatically about one in three times. It always used to reconnect every time.

Paradoxically, the fix was to turn ON "Allow the computer to power off this device to save power". It seems this ensured it was reinitialised properly when resuming from hibernation. Odd, because the conventional wisdom is to leave this setting turned off.

11. Funkyecat Win User
    I had problems with Hibernate awhile ago. I was told by some pros not to use it.

Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Hibernate or Sleep, the problem may be the same - the WiFi adapter is not being properly reinitialized on waking. Turning on "Allow the computer to power off this device to save power" worked for me, it may well for you too.

BTW, hibernate has worked perfectly on my machine, from W7 through all version of W10. A few systems can have problems, seems to vary by manufacturer.

13. Funkyecat Win User

When I first had the problem, I was told to uncheck it. Windows 10 is not ready for prime time anyway.

Funkyecat, Apr 11, 2017
  14. Thanks Bree for that piece of information.

So we are all on same page Funkyecat, what build version are you currently using.

If you upgraded this machine from win 7 or 8.1 I would try an older driver, a driver built for 8.1.

You didn't mention what type of wireless card are you using.

Ken

15. Funkyecat Win User
    This actually was a complete reinstall of 10 (I forgot, I redo it from an original download and spend a few days optimizing and setting it up.
    Ralink n wireless card (Old). Computer is at least 8 years old with Quad AMD chip HP p6520f. It current has the current Microsquish update.

Funkyecat, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. System disconnects from building antenna during sleep. - Similar Threads - System disconnects building

2. HP laptop is disconnecting from power source during sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop is disconnecting from power source during sleep.: Why is my HP Laptop with Windows 11 shutting down during sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-is-disconnecting-from-power-source/401a76f9-72db-41b9-bfc5-6215b18bd24f
  3. HP laptop is disconnecting from power source during sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop is disconnecting from power source during sleep.: Why is my HP Laptop with Windows 11 shutting down during sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-is-disconnecting-from-power-source/401a76f9-72db-41b9-bfc5-6215b18bd24f
  4. Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode: I am running Win 10 Home Version 2004. Recently I have started to have a problem - when the computer goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the Internet. When I go to "Settings" the icons tell me that I am connected to the Internet via Spectrum and that my WiFi network is...
  5. Xbox controller disconnects from PC during vibration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller disconnects from PC during vibration: I tried my new xbox controller, connected through Bluetooth and it worked perfectly playing at Ori and the blind forest. Now I'm playing at Oring and the Will of the Wisps and the controller disconnects after long vibrations....
  6. computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode

computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode: my laptop disconnects from the wi fi in sleep mode, I turned off powersave. still disconnects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-disconnects-from-wifi-in-sleep-mode/9a44da1f-d8c6-4b74-90f0-5c7e2aacf041
  7. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet: Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting-ethernet/db290e53-a5db-49d6-840d-7c0987db2710
  8. PC wakes from sleep during the night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep during the night: My pc have been waking from sleep, usually just minutes after putting it to sleep. Is there an easy way to figure out what device is causing it from the lastwake below, without having to go through the device manager? Because I looked there but can't find it. Alternatively,...
  9. Disconnecting from internet during downloads. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting from internet during downloads. Please Help!: So I'm having this problem where every single time I try to download anything over 10-15 MB I disconnected from the internet while downloading. Most of the time what happens is I begin the download and it goes fine, downloading at about 3-5mb as second, but then it slowly and...
  10. PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping

PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping: I am trying to figure out a solution for every computer at my company. I recently assembled 6 computers and we have installed them to use. All the computers share files through our server including the licensing of a design software every computer uses. The problem is one of...