System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

Discus and support System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Coastalguy Win User

Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the bottom of the screen. In addition, these windows do not allow resizing at all, or even when provided, it limits vertical sizing that will not allow access to the bottom options.

On each of these, I need to access the setting, change it to 125%, re-accessing the window selecting the bottom option and then returning to display settings changing it back to 150%.

I understand that possibly the coding of third party applications may prevent the scroll bar or resizing (which I don't understand Microsoft allowing), however I was curious if there was a hidden setting that would force a vertical scroll bar or unlimited resizing on all windows, or if not, if this could be an option added on a future windows update??
    Thanks,

:)

Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Aswin_Anand Win User

Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Hi Teroi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Which application’s or program’s scroll bar are you referring to?

• What was the exact steps that you used to change the size of scroll bar in your previous OS version?

The size of the scroll bar cannot be altered as it is inbuilt with the Windows Operating System.

I suggest you to share the details, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 13, 2018
  3. RaymondChenault Win User
    Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

I, too, have a vision disability and need you to change the "inbuilt" features to allow for adjustments to size and color of the scroll bars and text selection in Windows 10.

RaymondChenault, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access - Similar Threads - System Display Percent

1. Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?: On my HP laptop running windows 10 home edition (laptop specs are intel cpu 4 core, 2.2 ghz, 16 gig or ram), I think a recent update caused the Onedrive icon on start up of laptop to display 4 instances in the system tray, and when clicking on each icon they disappear. The...
  2. Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage: If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C: 161Gb used of 285Gb whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a...
  3. Decrease the duration of display of the (system) message to 2 seconds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Decrease the duration of display of the (system) message to 2 seconds?: How can one decrease the duration of display to 2 seconds of the (system) messages Win 10 shows: [img] 59082
  4. Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang: Hello, I have attempted to change the language of my windows 10 professional desktop to French. Seems not all of the operating system is in French. For instance when I go to control panel>system>system>advanced settings, the dialog box is still in English. Any help with...
  5. System icons won't display

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons won't display: OK, so the latest of my problems with Win10, I just got done repairing a Winsock file missing issue, after the reboot the "volume" icon doesn't appear at bottom right any more. Volume works fine, and I can adjust it elsewhere, but it will not display. System settings won't...
  6. Setting App "System" menu displaying the wrong text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting App "System" menu displaying the wrong text.: Hi all, I'm seeing the following issue on Windows 10 Enterprise 1607. As you can see from the screen shot the "System" menu in the Settings App is being displayed wrongly. The 2nd screen shot shows a correct menu: Broken_Menu [img] Normal_Menu [img] We're...
  7. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings system wide?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable display scaling on high DPI settings system wide?: I have recently started using a Lenovo Yoga 460 for work and the display running at 1920*1080 is completely unusable (far too small for the kind of stuff I need to display on screren). I therefore run at 125-150 % magnification which for the most part works fine - things like...