System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

Discus and support System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Coastalguy Win User

Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the bottom of the screen. In addition, these windows do not allow resizing at all, or even when provided, it limits vertical sizing that will not allow access to the bottom options.

On each of these, I need to access the setting, change it to 125%, re-accessing the window selecting the bottom option and then returning to display settings changing it back to 150%.

I understand that possibly the coding of third party applications may prevent the scroll bar or resizing (which I don't understand Microsoft allowing), however I was curious if there was a hidden setting that would force a vertical scroll bar or unlimited resizing on all windows, or if not, if this could be an option added on a future windows update??
    Thanks,

:)

Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Aswin_Anand Win User

Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Hi Teroi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Which application’s or program’s scroll bar are you referring to?

• What was the exact steps that you used to change the size of scroll bar in your previous OS version?

The size of the scroll bar cannot be altered as it is inbuilt with the Windows Operating System.

I suggest you to share the details, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 13, 2018
  3. RaymondChenault Win User
    Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

I, too, have a vision disability and need you to change the "inbuilt" features to allow for adjustments to size and color of the scroll bars and text selection in Windows 10.

RaymondChenault, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

1. System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access - Similar Threads - System Display Percent

2. windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10: I was updating Windows 10 it restarted then did some more then restarted again and now says unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem - turn computer off and throw away....
  3. Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working: After the last Windows update, desktop slideshow is not working. I tried even after a clean installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit. If the time is set to 1 min, then the wallpapers are changing. However, if it is 10 min, then after one change of wallpaper, it is not moving to the...
  4. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  5. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!: I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed...
  6. Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?: I have a problem with my desktop since i ran the update to 1803..If i do a ping machinename (in this case a 2016 server).. it will say cannot find host name.. if i keep hammering it, eventually one ping might go through.Same deal with RDP. My network consists of a netgear...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering: My screen flickers on and off when I am doing random things, it wasn't like this before. How can I fix this issue? I am on windows 10 laptop and also docking station. 116304
  8. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts: I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?[IMG]...
  10. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....