Windows 10: System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

Discus and support System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Coastalguy Win User

System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the bottom of the screen. In addition, these windows do not allow resizing at all, or even when provided, it limits vertical sizing that will not allow access to the bottom options.

On each of these, I need to access the setting, change it to 125%, re-accessing the window selecting the bottom option and then returning to display settings changing it back to 150%.

I understand that possibly the coding of third party applications may prevent the scroll bar or resizing (which I don't understand Microsoft allowing), however I was curious if there was a hidden setting that would force a vertical scroll bar or unlimited resizing on all windows, or if not, if this could be an option added on a future windows update??
    Thanks,

:)

Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Aswin_Anand Win User

Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Hi Teroi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Which application’s or program’s scroll bar are you referring to?

• What was the exact steps that you used to change the size of scroll bar in your previous OS version?

The size of the scroll bar cannot be altered as it is inbuilt with the Windows Operating System.

I suggest you to share the details, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 13, 2018
  3. RaymondChenault Win User
    Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

I, too, have a vision disability and need you to change the "inbuilt" features to allow for adjustments to size and color of the scroll bars and text selection in Windows 10.

RaymondChenault, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

1. System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access - Similar Threads - System Display Percent

2. UTC Time: Displaying UTC Time On Bottom (Task ?) Bar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UTC Time: Displaying UTC Time On Bottom (Task ?) Bar ?: Hello, I give up after spending close to an hour with the built in W10 time setting screens. I want UTC to display on the bottom (task bar ?). It just won't display; I can set it on the W10 screens for time and date, but it doesn't carry over to the bottom bar on the...
  3. Windows option prevents mouse scroll.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows option prevents mouse scroll.: When I try to scroll with my mouse an option comes out(that I don't know) that goes from 0 to 1 and it doesn't scroll. I don't know what it is and because of that I can't find a fix for it[ATTACH]...
  4. how to display day date time at bottom right on tool bar or task bar in windows 10

how to display day date time at bottom right on tool bar or task bar in windows 10: how to display day date time on bottom right of task tool bar. I must have accidently turn it off because it usually shows appears on it's on at home page....
  5. Scroll bar not showing

Scroll bar not showing: the scroll bar is not showing on www.nbc.com/AGTvote. Can this be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/scroll-bar-not-showing/68d5c2ff-54ab-4a45-9527-88362e3a1295
  6. Scroll Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  7. Scroll Bar Problem

Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  8. SCROLL BAR difficulty

SCROLL BAR difficulty: I would like to return to the way scroll bars looked and behaved. Earlier versions of windows had a little lever icon that slid up and down. Now scrolls are long colored areas. I'm never sure what to grab with the mouse; the lighter color or the darker color. Also the...
  9. No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access: Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the...
  10. Prevent window movement when scrolling to scroll boundaries?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent window movement when scrolling to scroll boundaries?: Hi, recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 and was wondering if it's possible to prevent the slight up/down movement that happens to certain windows when scrolling to the 'scroll boundary' whilst scrolling with touchscreen or trackpad as shown here I don't mind it for most...