Windows 10: System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

Discus and support System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the bottom of the screen. In addition, these windows do not allow resizing at all, or even when provided, it limits vertical sizing that will not allow access to the bottom options.

On each of these, I need to access the setting, change it to 125%, re-accessing the window selecting the bottom option and then returning to display settings changing it back to 150%.

I understand that possibly the coding of third party applications may prevent the scroll bar or resizing (which I don't understand Microsoft allowing), however I was curious if there was a hidden setting that would force a vertical scroll bar or unlimited resizing on all windows, or if not, if this could be an option added on a future windows update??
    Thanks,

:)

Coastalguy, Jun 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Hi Teroi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Which application’s or program’s scroll bar are you referring to?

• What was the exact steps that you used to change the size of scroll bar in your previous OS version?

The size of the scroll bar cannot be altered as it is inbuilt with the Windows Operating System.

I suggest you to share the details, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

I, too, have a vision disability and need you to change the "inbuilt" features to allow for adjustments to size and color of the scroll bars and text selection in Windows 10.

RaymondChenault, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

1. System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access - Similar Threads - System Display Percent

2. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  3. Black bar at bottom of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at bottom of display: There appears to be a thin black bar across the bottom of my monitor - tried all of the solutions recommended to other users with the same issue ex. uninstalling/updating drivers, searching for & uninstalling potentially problematic third-party applications, though none...
  4. Scrolling to bottom in settings ONLY

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling to bottom in settings ONLY: Hi, I'm having a problem. Whenever I go to the settings page and need to scroll to see all options, the page automatically goes to the last option and doesn´t leave, has shown in the video. This ONLY happens in the settings page. Any other app works fine. Example video How...
  5. display drops to bottom of page and unable to scroll back to top

display drops to bottom of page and unable to scroll back to top: Upgraded from windows 7 to 10 64bit and developed an display issue. No matter what is being displayed on laptop it will randomly drop to bottom of page or article and am unable to return to the top. Also sleep mode will not activate after designated time. Can reset with...
  6. scroll bar

scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  7. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  8. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...
  9. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  10. No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access: Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the...