Windows 10: System does not recognise Australian (non US) date format

Discus and support System does not recognise Australian (non US) date format in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having trouble with the date format for Australia (dd/mm/yy). It seems to coincide with the Windows 10 download. While my system clock shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlbioninOz, Aug 12, 2015.

1. System does not recognise Australian (non US) date format

I am having trouble with the date format for Australia (dd/mm/yy). It seems to coincide with the Windows 10 download. While my system clock shows the date correctly and the Date and Time setting are correct both in Region and Format, third party programs do not recognise the dd/mm/yy format. For example, the Photos app show the date in mm/dd/yy format and my spreadsheet, WPS Office will not recognise 13/8 mas 13/08/2015. Can anyone tell me please how to recify the is problem. I know it's not the end of the world but it''s p*ssing me off.
    Thanks,*Confused

:)

AlbioninOz, Aug 12, 2015

2. Date Setting

In Windows 10 all dates appear in US format.

How do I change this to Australian format? ie dd/mm/yyyy

Robert Searle, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 numbering in Australia

In Excel, I can't seem to Custom the date formatting to Australian - i.e. 1 August is 1/8 (not 8/1).

KaySouthwell, Aug 12, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

System does not recognise Australian (non US) date format

Hi there

What Language are you using on the main Windows GUI --have a look in the settings --Language and Region. Don't forget there's the Windows display language (default when apps don't use any particular format) and the setting Windows and apps --Local content.

You might have to ADD ENGLISH - GB (or AUS) because you probably have got US English installed.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Thanks. You've put me on the right track. In Region and Language I had to change the default from English (united States) to English (Australian). All works OK now in both WPS Office and Photos.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

AlbioninOz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System does not recognise Australian (non US) date format

1. System does not recognise Australian (non US) date format - Similar Threads - System does recognise

2. Ssd non formatable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd non formatable: So I downloaded something and my ssd doesn’t really work. So we’re tryna format my ssd but we can’t because windows only works on safe mode. Any help? It’s a acer predator g3 710...
  3. Ssd non formatable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd non formatable: So I downloaded something and my ssd doesn’t really work. So we’re tryna format my ssd but we can’t because windows only works on safe mode. Any help? It’s a acer predator g3 710...
  4. Ssd non formatable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Date and time format in start menu file search inconsistent with system date and time format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and time format in start menu file search inconsistent with system date and time format: When I search for a file in the start menu (hitting start and typing the name of the file), it finds the file and shows the path and date modified. However, the date is in US style (month/day/year) and not in the system style (day/month/year), and the time is in AMPM instead...
  6. Date/Time formats constantly changes back to US

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time formats constantly changes back to US: Hey!Since Microsoft help page is as useless as always, and can't deal with non standard issues, I had to resort writing my question here.So, I installed my windows 10 with US system language, with the idea being that I can't, for the life of me use russian or my native...
  7. date format

date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  8. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  9. Microsoft Store not recognising region settings for date format

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not recognising region settings for date format: I live in Australia and have region settings set to default for this country (eg short date is "dd/mm/yy"). But in the Microsoft Store, all of the displays for apps installed/updated seem to default to American date format for last updated (ie, "mm/dd/yyyy") instead of...
  10. Cipher vs Format on non-system disks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cipher vs Format on non-system disks: No question, just raising a subject to see whether I am right or wrong... cipher /W:X versus format X: /fs:NTFS /p:2 cipher takes quite a long time, even for a small disk. (as a test: cipher took about 40 minutes for a 5GB HDD-partition) for non-system disks (like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which time format does windows recognise