Windows 10: system doesn't want to recover from sleep

Discus and support system doesn't want to recover from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Infrequently I go back to my laptop and it will be in sleep, and I move the mouse, then press a key, and nothing happens. I press power and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, May 30, 2017.

1. ironfist Win User

system doesn't want to recover from sleep

Infrequently I go back to my laptop and it will be in sleep, and I move the mouse, then press a key, and nothing happens. I press power and nothing happens. The solution I've found that works is to hold down power and reboot the system. Today I found that if I close the laptop and then open it again, it will finally resume activity. I'm contemplating if there's another way.

:)

ironfist, May 30, 2017
  2. MadChef26 Win User

System not recovering from sleep.

This issue returned and has been happening more and more refrequently. Rolling back drivers and installing specific versions directly from Intel is no longer working as a fix.

Please help.

MadChef26, May 30, 2017
  3. Billion Debbarma, May 30, 2017
  4. system doesn't want to recover from sleep

Hi ironfist.

If you head to Advance settings for power plans you can set the action for power button.

Windows Key + S, type power option, click on Power and Sleep settings (sb top of list), in upper right corner "Additional Power Settings, brings up power plans, click change plan settings then click Change Advance power settings.

As to your mouse, open device manager, find your mouse, there maybe two devices, right click on each, then properties, then Power Management Tab, ensure there is a check mark beside "Allow this device to wake computer". You can also do this for keyboard.

I should have said before all this are you sure it is asleep and not hibernating (deeper sleep). Some devices don't hibernate well. To shut off hibernation, enter this command at a command prompt(admin)

powercfg -h off

To enable change off to on in command. I should mention if you disable hibernation it will disable Windows Fast Startup. Still worth a test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
Thema:

system doesn't want to recover from sleep

1. system doesn't want to recover from sleep - Similar Threads - system doesn't recover

2. System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile: System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile - wakes fine if woken immediately. So, as the title says, I have an issue where my system will not fully wake up if left alone for an hour or so, this is what happens: Mouse gets power but no response that...
  3. doesn't come back from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesn't come back from sleep: I have a monitor a keyboard and a mouse connected to my laptop, I don't have space on my desk for both my laptop and monitor so I just use my monitor with the laptop closed but when It goes to sleep I cant used my keyboard or mouse to wake it up, I have to open the laptop...
  4. Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode.

Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer into Sleep mode, it will not recover, so I have to restart it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-not-recovering-from-sleep-mode/d99785b3-9291-4ef7-8589-ac953fa6c17e
  5. Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep: My Ethernet driver is missing after recover from sleep. I cant see the driver on Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections. And the USB ports all are not working. But once i restart the laptop, everything goes fine. What i have done ------------------- -...
  6. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep: Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and...
  7. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  8. W10 not shut down or recover from sleep

W10 not shut down or recover from sleep: Like many, I have suddenly become a W10 shut down/recover from sleep victim. My W10 Toshiba laptop cannot perform these functions, at all. I made some tweaks you folks recommended to no avail, but no luck. Thanks, Royan 50741
  9. Solved recover from sleep bluescreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved recover from sleep bluescreen: For the last several days I have been puzzled about the fact that suddenly my computer would not wake up from sleep any more without bluecreening, although it would go to sleep all right. I don't know if this was caused by a windows update or some other reason. I even posted...
  10. Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid: Hello everyone! I have a Sony and an HP notebook with Windows 10 installed. When the computer is on standby and I open the lid or click the mouse, the computer turns on. Despite all the Energy settings in the control panel I cannot fix it. I want the laptop to open ONLY by...