Windows 10: System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems

Discus and support System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system has been running slow for the last year due to the storage being full and I wanted to clear it out and start over as I had no important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jasmine Harrison, Aug 7, 2018.

1. System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems

My system has been running slow for the last year due to the storage being full and I wanted to clear it out and start over as I had no important things on the system and would take to long to clear everything out manually, I did a factory reset to reinstall windows which I've never had an issue doing before windows 10, and now it freezes my entire system during the setup, I get to the "account" portion after I put in my email and a password, and the screen just before creating a pin.

The circular loading "just a moment..." screen continues to move but my mouse cursor doesn't move on my screen, currently I have left my PC running on that screen for over an hour and it still hasn't moved on or become responsive again.

I have had this problem now for over a week trying multiple times to get through that screen and having to turn my system off forcefully otherwise it would just continue on the way it has been.

I need to fix this problem ASAP

:)

Jasmine Harrison, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 7, 2018
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 7, 2018
  4. System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems

1. System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems - Similar Threads - System factory reset

2. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset problem: i had to factory reset my pc but when i try logging in into my account it says "User Service service failed to Sign in" if someone can help me with this issue that would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset problem: Windows laptop- I recently got a laptop from my mother-in-law and I wanted to factory reset it but every time I click retry details or even save log nothing ever works all it wants to do is restart it would be very helpful if I could have a tech genius help me *** Email...
  4. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset problem: Windows laptop- I recently got a laptop from my mother-in-law and I wanted to factory reset it but every time I click retry details or even save log nothing ever works all it wants to do is restart it would be very helpful if I could have a tech genius help me *** Email...
  5. Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Problem: I’m having factory reset problems, I have a laptop not a computer, lenovo ideapad 3 but sadly my display on laptop is broken, so I’m using a monitor. Now when I go to factory reset my laptop turns off and nothing is showing on my monitor, any help please?...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  7. problem with factory reset

problem with factory reset: every time i go to factory rest or anything like that it gets about halfway done and says there is a problem and my computer cant reset. i have an acer nitro 7 and i have no viruses and no corrupted files. I have done everything i could think of but nothing will work and i...
  8. Windows 10 Factory Reset Problem

Windows 10 Factory Reset Problem: I was performing a factory reset on my Windows 10 MSI laptop as a way to fix the 100% disk usage issue. After a few hours of resetting l, my laptop turned off thus causing another issue. When I attempt to do another factory reset, it says there was a problem and won’t reset....
  9. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...