Windows 10: system failure

Discus and support system failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, after a black screen and "preparing automatic repair" no fixes worked. I created a bootable drive on a usb, altered the bios/uefi settings and did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BNicol1, Aug 14, 2018.

1. BNicol1 Win User

system failure

Hi, after a black screen and "preparing automatic repair" no fixes worked. I created a bootable drive on a usb, altered the bios/uefi settings and did a clean install. Everything went well until the final restart when the screen went back to initial startup (language, keyboard etc). On exiting I now have a blue screen as follows

File \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Error 0xc000000F Boot configuration data is missing or has errors.

What do I do now?

Regards B Nicol 1

:)

BNicol1, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

System restore failure windows 10

Hi Jack,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Aug 14, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 14, 2018
  4. system failure

System restore failure windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with the “failure of the computer to shut down” I suggest you perform the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

system failure

1. system failure - Similar Threads - system failure

2. unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure: few days ago we had a power outage and after that a bsod screen appeared, and still appears so i cant work with my os windows 11 for more than 2 minutes and any change i do eg delete an aplication or document does not takes any effect when the pc restarts. I ve been trying to...
  3. unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure: few days ago we had a power outage and after that a bsod screen appeared, and still appears so i cant work with my os windows 11 for more than 2 minutes and any change i do eg delete an aplication or document does not takes any effect when the pc restarts. I ve been trying to...
  4. Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.: When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I chose a dual boot option and placed the new OS on a new SSD. I was unaware at the time that both operating systems were sharing the same System Reserved Partition on the old HDD. About six months ago the HDD failed and I...
  5. Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.

Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.: When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I chose a dual boot option and placed the new OS on a new SSD. I was unaware at the time that both operating systems were sharing the same System Reserved Partition on the old HDD. About six months ago the HDD failed and I...
  6. Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System running high CPU usage after a Windows update failure in early January

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System running high CPU usage after a Windows update failure in early January: Windows update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 - I'm not quite sure but I believe this was the one. "System" is running high CPU usage above 20% constantly since then. My PC was Windows 10 by then and I upgraded it to Windows 11 two weeks later but that doesn't fix the problem....
  8. System running high CPU usage after a Windows update failure in early January

System running high CPU usage after a Windows update failure in early January: Windows update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 - I'm not quite sure but I believe this was the one. "System" is running high CPU usage above 20% constantly since then. My PC was Windows 10 by then and I upgraded it to Windows 11 two weeks later but that doesn't fix the problem....
  9. System failure

System failure: Hello, while was using my laptop HP , it froze, asking for a update firewall key and SYSTEM FAILURE / ERROR CODE / 404MS1004239ZA. Can someone help me with that please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/e2b8f802-c5f3-4761-ac46-b5f098e600a5
  10. System failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System failure: Hello, while was using my laptop HP , it froze, asking for a update firewall key and SYSTEM FAILURE / ERROR CODE / 404MS1004239ZA. Can someone help me with that please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/e2b8f802-c5f3-4761-ac46-b5f098e600a5