Windows 10: system files to delete

Discus and support system files to delete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There are 3 boxes that refer to Win 10 installation and when you try to delete them it says you will not be able to go back to your previous OS. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maranna, Aug 6, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

system files to delete

There are 3 boxes that refer to Win 10 installation and when you try to delete them it says you will not be able to go back to your previous OS.
    It is substantial space as I believe one box contains something like x amount of GB's.
    I have imaged Win 10 so I think could delete them but isn't it more likely I should keep them in case I need to go back and an image failed? Is it subjective or is there a rule of thumb regarding this issue?

:)

maranna, Aug 6, 2015
  2. purok8 Win User

How to Delete system file from system volume informaion folder, C drive

****!!!! i'm waiting for answer from last 15 days.....

purok8, Aug 6, 2015
  3. purok8 Win User
    How to Delete system file from system volume informaion folder, C drive

in "system volume information' folder there is system file which consumed 120 gb space.

how do I delete this system file?

I have taken ownership of system volume information folder

bt i'm not able to take ownership of that file named as "{949cd1bc-bc7b-11e5-8288-b82a72cc838a}{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752}"

plzz help to delete this file or system volume information folder.

purok8, Aug 6, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

system files to delete

If and only if you plan on sticking with Win10 then you can delete the system files(windows.old) but if you have any doubt don't. Give it time and when you decide then you can go either way.,

HTH

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  5. maranna Win User
    I was looing for the .old but it is phrased differently in 10. Thank you for the clear heads up.

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

system files to delete

1. system files to delete - Similar Threads - system files delete

2. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  3. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  4. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  6. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  7. Deleting a partition with System files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a partition with System files: I have a Samsung Evo 970 drive with a partition that contains systems files, I suppose from on ald installation. I tried to delete the partition with commands but I get an error roughly translated from spanish saying that it is no permitted on this type of files... I have...
  8. Deleting old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  9. Deleted system files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted system files: Dell latitude e6500 windows 10, i deleted a lot of dII, system32 and sysWOW64 files.. some for example are: mscoreei.exe, cmp.exe cmp.key, java and all its files, explorer.exe, framework cant rememberthe file names, administrative settings, msconfig, legacy and UEFI files,...
  10. Deleting system image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting system image file: Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I have no idea how to get around this any suggestions please. Windows 10 user#...