Windows 10: System folder growing

Discus and support System folder growing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB. Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, May 13, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

System folder growing

Hello,
    Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB.
    Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30 GB.!
    There were no any updates. Checked which files \ folders modified \ created today, there were no findings.
    I ran "Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore", the answer was "No".
    Any explanation please.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, May 13, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 21, 2018
  3. System volumn infomation won't stop growing

I amazed myself, for five days been trying to solve this problem and within minutes of posting this post found the answer myself! Wow! Jumping up and down here for joy!

OK

Control panel

then Recovery

then Configure System Restore

then check max usage....

mine was set on the entire hard drive. (Never touched this so maybe windows 10 default)

Drag it down to a reasonable figure. (I did it it to zero at first and restarted just to see if it would clear the folder out....it did). So now it is set to 10%, which, funny enough is 21.4 GB, but at least I know it won't keep going up and up now.

Ensure system protection is on.

Apply and hopefully a system that doesn't grow and grow and grow.

malcolmfair, May 21, 2018
Thema:

System folder growing

1. System folder growing - Similar Threads - System folder growing

2. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  3. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  4. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  5. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  6. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Restore Point Keeps Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Point Keeps Growing: Hi to all. I posted this question quite a while back and never really got a clear answer as I recall. My SSD is 256GB. It contains the operating system and all of my files. Not even half of the drive is being used. My question is more of interest rather than causing a...
  8. System and Reserved Keeps Growing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System and Reserved Keeps Growing.: Hi, So I'm posting here because I have yet to find a thread with an actual solution to this problem online. I've seen other folks ask about this question, and so far, no real solutions. My concern is that the system and reserved folder on windows 10 seems to grow at an...
  9. Windows 10 System Files Growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 System Files Growing: I have searched high and low for an answer to this issue. My Windows 10 System Files size is over 22GB. I'm running on a Toshiba netbook, with CompactOS running. What's more odd is that my wife uses an HP netbook. Same specs for both, and hers is also running CompactOS. Her...
  10. System folder is "growing"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder is "growing": Hello,Have some questions about update / upgrade windows 10, and other items.1. It is recomended ("PSA: Create Backup Reinstall Media for Your Current Version of Windows 10 Before Upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update") to make a backup reinstal media by creating a recovery...