Windows 10: System folder is "growing"

Discus and support System folder is "growing" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,Have some questions about update / upgrade windows 10, and other items.1. It is recomended ("PSA: Create Backup Reinstall Media for Your Current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

System folder is "growing"

Hello,Have some questions about update / upgrade windows 10, and other items.1. It is recomended ("PSA: Create Backup Reinstall Media for Your Current Version of Windows 10 Before Upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update") to make a backup reinstal media by creating a recovery drive and instructs to insert a usb stick, but in my pc there is not an option to boot from usb, only from dvd or harddisk.Can I copy all files from the usb and burn them onto a dvd disk ?2. Last days, when I check size of C: drive (system), some GBs were addedwith new folders in program files (all dated recently):"rempl" = 1.17 GB"UNP" = 5.07 GBCould not find anything about it, what are they and what other surprizes' to expect before I manage to solve the upgrade problem.Answers will be appreciatedThanks

:)

Motim, Jul 28, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Jul 28, 2017
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Jul 28, 2017
  4. System folder is "growing"

Hi Motim.

Interesting that machine won't boot from USB, even my old XP laptop boots from USB. You must have a bootable USB plugged in to see option.

In any event if you want to create a backup of you whole environment I would use Macrium Reflect. It creates a boot CD/DVD that you use to call in the Image. Myself, I would also do a simple copy of my data out to another device.

I would go through the recovery process you mentioned and then see, with it plugged in, if the USB is presented as an option. This recovery will only get you Windows, no third party programs, no personal data.

Macrium Reflect imaging will restore everything if set to Image everything.

Not sure what rempl is, found a couple of listing but they didn't sound things you would be doing. UNP could be Universal Notification Platform.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2017
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Usually the BIOS recognizes a USB drive as a "hard disk". It may be necessary to enter the BIOS setup to change the order of the "hard disks" so that the USB drive is the first in the Boot order.

If you use EasyBCD, then you can add a "BIOS Extender" that will enable booting from USB even if the BIOS does not support this method:

Adding Entries

It adds an entry to your boot menu to boot to bootable USB drives on your system.

Fafhrd, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    Looks like my pc is really something old, checked there is not option to boot from usb, and even it was, then the recovery will bring back only windows and no all the rest (as you pointed) so its not good for me.
    For quit a long time I use the macrium free and keep a fresh image which I used when computer freezes due to update failure.
    Thanks again

Motim, Jul 30, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    I can't dualboot on my Sleekbook either. I must go into the BIOS after shutdown or hibernation and then turm on while pressing the escape key. Then i can choose what to use.

prikker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System folder is "growing"

1. System folder is "growing" - Similar Threads - System folder growing

2. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  3. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  4. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  5. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  6. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Restore Point Keeps Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Point Keeps Growing: Hi to all. I posted this question quite a while back and never really got a clear answer as I recall. My SSD is 256GB. It contains the operating system and all of my files. Not even half of the drive is being used. My question is more of interest rather than causing a...
  8. System and Reserved Keeps Growing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System and Reserved Keeps Growing.: Hi, So I'm posting here because I have yet to find a thread with an actual solution to this problem online. I've seen other folks ask about this question, and so far, no real solutions. My concern is that the system and reserved folder on windows 10 seems to grow at an...
  9. System folder growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder growing: Hello, Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB. Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30 GB.! There were no any updates. Checked which files \ folders modified \ created today, there were no findings. I ran...
  10. Windows 10 System Files Growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 System Files Growing: I have searched high and low for an answer to this issue. My Windows 10 System Files size is over 22GB. I'm running on a Toshiba netbook, with CompactOS running. What's more odd is that my wife uses an HP netbook. Same specs for both, and hers is also running CompactOS. Her...