Windows 10: System freezes on start-up

Discus and support System freezes on start-up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 forum experts, I'm an old buzzard (last year of the draft) and not very tech literate, sorry. I hope I'm doing this correctly. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Scoots, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Scoots Win User

System freezes on start-up

Hello Windows 10 forum experts,
    I'm an old buzzard (last year of the draft) and not very tech literate, sorry. I hope I'm doing this correctly.

I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desk-top computer.
    Now, when I turn on my desk-top the system starts to load, but then it will just stop!

Sometimes the start-up screen will make it as far as displaying a several of the circling dots, but frozen, below the blue Windows logo and sometimes it's only one frozen circling dot. I've waited thru a couple of cups of coffee to see if anything happens, but nothing ever does. So, I depress and hold the power button down to turn off the computer. Then, I'll turn the computer back on and the operating system will load! This gets to be rather annoying.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions to fix this annoyance?

Thank you for your support.

:)

Scoots, Sep 6, 2015

2. System freezes up while browsing internet on Windows 10

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Is it only happening on Internet Explorer?

Is this only happening with Amazon website?

What about browsing other websites?

Did you cross check the issue with Microsoft Edge or on other browsers?

Is your PC running with any Antivirus or online protection software?

Give us above information to assist you in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 6, 2015
  3. System freezes up while browsing internet on Windows 10

Old title: Freezes up

Every time I open up something on my pc I can only view it for a short time. Since my pc was updated, it will freeze up. I go on amazon and do shopping and bring up an item it will freeze on the second page that I bring up. From now on I wilkl request when
    I want my pc updated. Anyone have any sugguestions?

JamesHSwanson, Sep 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Have any external devices hooked up on PC besides mouse and keyboard ? During bootup system checks hardware devices. Try disconnecting all then try restart. Hang can be due to hardware and drivers.This is only during first initial bootup (cold boot) or on restarts at times too ?

Since upgrade have you visited your manufacturer's site for updates for Windows 10. Possible a windows update can be also trying to install or causing an issue.
    Also try to see how it reacts in safe mode and then boot back into normal windows option 1 here
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. System freezes on start-up - Similar Threads - System freezes start

2. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  3. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  4. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  6. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  7. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freezing on start up: My brand new laptop freezes at the screen before adding my pin code. The mouse moves around no problem but when I click it does nothing. Usually it should take me to the pin code entry option.So now I have to restart my Laptop just to get access to the pin code entry part....
  9. Freezing and start up issues.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Freezing and start up issues.: So, a couple weeks back my laptop start acting up. I have plans to send it in to Acer but at this point I think the warranty might be voided and not due to expiration. it started freezing and showing like colorful type lines across the screen at first, making me force shut...
  10. BSOD - system freezes on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - system freezes on start-up: Hello Windows 10 forum experts, I'm an old buzzard (last year of the draft) and not very tech literate, sorry. I hope I'm doing this correctly. I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desk-top computer. Now, when I turn on my desk-top the...