Windows 10: System freezing

Discus and support System freezing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've got a desktop of around 5 years old that is now freezing for no apparent reason. It's recently been upgraded with a new 1TB SSD. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Scott Millar, Oct 21, 2016.

1. System freezing

Hi guys,

I've got a desktop of around 5 years old that is now freezing for no apparent reason. It's recently been upgraded with a new 1TB SSD. At first I thought maybe the SSD was the issue however after a fresh install of Windows 10 the problem still is happening.

I have the SSD in another system now and it's working fine so I presume it's another item that's causing the issue. My first though it that it's got to be the motherboard. Window logs are clean. Anything I should try before swapping out the mobo? Could it be RAM?

:)

Scott Millar, Oct 21, 2016

2. system freezing

my pc seems to freeze every time I try and play a game it never fails it is quite frustrating this never happened when I use to run the windows 7 software. Is there an update to fix this anytime soon, its been happening for a while now

GioBENITEZ, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

System freezing

Need make/model of desktop.

Plankton, Oct 21, 2016
  5. I built it myself.

Scott Millar, Oct 21, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    System specs.....complete system specs.

Plankton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System freezing

1. System freezing - Similar Threads - System freezing

2. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  3. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  4. Getting Many System Restarts, Crashes, Freezes, and Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Many System Restarts, Crashes, Freezes, and Blue Screens: System Specs:CPU: Intel i7 13700kMOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z-790E Gaming WifiGPU: Asus ROG Strix 4070TiRAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GBPSU: Corsair RM1000eHello,I have been getting many blue screens all of a sudden out of nowhere and have done a lot of research and have...
  5. Getting Many System Restarts, Crashes, Freezes, and Blue Screens

Getting Many System Restarts, Crashes, Freezes, and Blue Screens: System Specs:CPU: Intel i7 13700kMOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z-790E Gaming WifiGPU: Asus ROG Strix 4070TiRAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GBPSU: Corsair RM1000eHello,I have been getting many blue screens all of a sudden out of nowhere and have done a lot of research and have...
  6. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  7. Computer freezes during system boot up

Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  8. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  9. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  10. Windows 11 This is CONSTANTLY FREEZING MY SYSTEM!!!! ->A fatal error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 This is CONSTANTLY FREEZING MY SYSTEM!!!! ->A fatal error occurred while...: I am TRYING to use my iCone app and windows 11 sporadically crashes my system. It just happened 3 times in a row. I have tls 1.2 turned on on my system.I need a solution NOW! This has been going on for months and nothing I've found online resolves this issue even applying the...