Windows 10: System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

Discus and support System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As soon as I stop typing, the system goes to sleep after approximately 5 seconds. All my power options is Never Sleep. Any ideas would be very much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndrewClaybrook, Jan 21, 2016.

1. System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

As soon as I stop typing, the system goes to sleep after approximately 5 seconds. All my power options is Never Sleep.
    Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you. *cry

:)

AndrewClaybrook, Jan 21, 2016
  2. Mike&J Win User

We have a HPw2207 Monitor and it will not go out of sleep mode when starting,

This monitor has been popping up a box that says No Input Signals almost every 5 seconds. NOW the monitor automatically goes into the SLEEP Mode when starting, The red/ blue signal light comes on, then all of a sudden, it says Monitor Going To Sleep, within
    1 second or so, and cannot type in anything. Can you please help me?

Thank You

Respectfully

Mike&J, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

It is getting worse now. It will go to sleep within a couple seconds after I stop typing. It is becoming a useless keyboard.

I was highlighting a lot of separate cells in excel yesterday, so I was holding down the Ctrl key and they keyboard went to sleep after about a minute, which caused the next click I did to deselect all the cells I spent that minute selecting.

MrElectro1, Jan 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

Hi, forgive a basic question- are you sure it's going to sleep?
    (For example, can you confirm you get a logon prompt on resuming?)

Have you checked your screen saver settings- a blank screen saver might explain what you're seeing.
    Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Screensaver

It's always worth search the forum- there are many many threads on sleep issues... enough to, well, send you to sleep..*Biggrin

This turns up from time to time.
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

More ideas here:
    Why does my computer suddenly sleeps even though I already changed the - Microsoft Community
    Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

1. System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing - Similar Threads - System goes sleep

2. My laptop goes into sleep mode within 30 seconds when plugged into an external monitor or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes into sleep mode within 30 seconds when plugged into an external monitor or...: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. The power supply is via USB-C port. When using the laptop with a projector for a presentation, I noted that the laptop and then the projector would go into sleep mode within 30 seconds when I wasn't typing or clicking anything. The same...
  3. My laptop goes into sleep mode within 30 seconds when plugged into an external monitor or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes into sleep mode within 30 seconds when plugged into an external monitor or...: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. The power supply is via USB-C port. When using the laptop with a projector for a presentation, I noted that the laptop and then the projector would go into sleep mode within 30 seconds when I wasn't typing or clicking anything. The same...
  4. Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds: Have a Lenovo Yoga that has had a consistent issue with automatically going to sleep w/in 20 seconds of last key stroke, unless playing a video. This sleep setting does not correspond with the Power Settings on the machine, and has become VERY annoying... any help would be...
  5. USB Enternal Drive goes to sleep within seconds Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Enternal Drive goes to sleep within seconds Win 10: This is actually a clean install. I have followed all advise as regards to power settings. Even looking back to old registry hacks. Nothing works. I frequently access this drive, and it spins down almost instantly, greatly slowing down my work. Not using a hub. I see this...
  6. System goes to sleep randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System goes to sleep randomly: System goes to sleep randomly hello.. my name is rohan I have a dell Vostro 3559 running on windows 10. a couple of months ago I upgraded my ram from 4 to 8 gb… due to some technical issue I had to change it with a new one... but from some days I am having a issue not...
  7. System goes to sleep randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System goes to sleep randomly: hello.. my name is rohan I have a dell Vostro 3559 running on windows 10. a couple of months ago I upgraded my ram from 4 to 8 gb… due to some technical issue I had to change it with a new one... but from some days I am having a issue not regarding to ram but with the...
  8. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer goes to sleep when stop typing: My computer goes to sleep in two minutes when I stop typing. I have to relog several times a day. It is really very annoying. Please suggest a troubleshooting method...
  9. screen goes into sleep mode within seconds of not moving mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes into sleep mode within seconds of not moving mouse: I have tried to change the power settings, and I even have the screen saver turned on - but the screen goes dark in just a few seconds if they mouse is not moved constantly or typing. I have reviewed the power settings and I have all of them set at 15 minutes or more and the...
  10. Second display goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display goes to sleep.: I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl...