Windows 10: System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

Discus and support System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gorkimus, Apr 23, 2017.

1. gorkimus Win User

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

Hi Everyone,

I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically silent, to max speed. I've checked my temperatures and they all seem fine. I usually find this randomly when I wake up in the morning and has happened over night while no one has been using PC, but it has happened during the day as well. Please help.

Cheers

Attachment 131758

:)

gorkimus, Apr 23, 2017

2. Why is Windows Turning My GPU Fans Off?

I noticed a whine in my new computer the other day and thought maybe my PSU was going out. But it turns out that my GPU fans were not spinning (I think maybe the other system fans were running faster to try and cool it down?)

Regardless of the whine, when I boot the PC the fans spin up no problem, but once Windows starts to load, the fans quit and do not restart even when a game is launched. This seems like some sort of driver issue because I installed MSI Afterburner and used it
    to turn the fans on, and they run no problem.

Seems like either Nvidia set the fans to not spin on the card when it's not under load, or Windows is turning it off. Is there a power setting for this or something?

I had been having a few strange crashes which could easily be explained by the GPU over heating. I don't really want to have to run Afterburner all the time just to get my fans to spin. Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit (updated)

GTX 960

Ryzen 1600x

Gigabyte Ab350m-hd3

32GB of DDR4 RAM

A Corsair SSD

Luke Cypert, Apr 23, 2017
  3. 7splashy7 Win User
    Are my Graphics Card fans automatic?

I have an AMD Radeon RX480. However the fans do not spin unless i manually adjust it with a seperate program. Sometimes if i set a permanent speed, after 10 or 20 minutes it just stops which causes my games to crash. So are my fans automatic or not and
    if so, do they activate at a different temperature?

7splashy7, Apr 23, 2017
  4. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

Its difficult to analyse the problem when theres no bsod dmp file generated. All I can see are Problems with the GPU (Nvidia) Driver or graphics card itself:

Code: 2017-04-24T00 43:40.750 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 2017-04-24T00 43:40.751 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 2017-04-24T07 47:37.778 Error: The previous system shutdown at 7:25:30 AM on ?4/?24/?2017 was unexpected. 2017-04-24T07 47:31.766 Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.[/quote]
    Nvidia driver version is dated 3/31/2017

Maybe theres a newer version. U Also can try to roll back to an previous version.

BSODHunter, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

1. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up - Similar Threads - System Hang Crash

2. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  3. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  4. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason: As stated above.In viewing task manager I tend to see nothing obvious that could be the cause. Once the fan gets going it doesn't appear as if it will stop until I shut my laptop down fully.Checked my fan physically and no dust.Replaced thermal compound between cpu and heat...
  6. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason: As stated above.In viewing task manager I tend to see nothing obvious that could be the cause. Once the fan gets going it doesn't appear as if it will stop until I shut my laptop down fully.Checked my fan physically and no dust.Replaced thermal compound between cpu and heat...
  7. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  9. windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans)

in Windows 10 Support
    windows crashing + all fans spin @ 100%(even gpu fans): hey. a new year and new windows 10 problems. lately iv been have an issue where win 10 crashes and all fans in the whole computer spins at 100%,and i have to do a hard reset. win ver. 20H2 (build 19042.685) im sure there r more stuff for me to post,just let me know. thanks...
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 crash fan spin

2. computer crash gpu fan spins a lot

3. pc crashes fans spin

4. pc crashes gpu fans spin full,
  5. game crashes and fans spin up,
  6. computer gpu crash and fan spin up