Windows 10: System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

Discus and support System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gorkimus, Apr 23, 2017.

1. gorkimus Win User

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

Hi Everyone,

I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically silent, to max speed. I've checked my temperatures and they all seem fine. I usually find this randomly when I wake up in the morning and has happened over night while no one has been using PC, but it has happened during the day as well. Please help.

Cheers

Attachment 131758

:)

gorkimus, Apr 23, 2017

2. Why is Windows Turning My GPU Fans Off?

I noticed a whine in my new computer the other day and thought maybe my PSU was going out. But it turns out that my GPU fans were not spinning (I think maybe the other system fans were running faster to try and cool it down?)

Regardless of the whine, when I boot the PC the fans spin up no problem, but once Windows starts to load, the fans quit and do not restart even when a game is launched. This seems like some sort of driver issue because I installed MSI Afterburner and used it
    to turn the fans on, and they run no problem.

Seems like either Nvidia set the fans to not spin on the card when it's not under load, or Windows is turning it off. Is there a power setting for this or something?

I had been having a few strange crashes which could easily be explained by the GPU over heating. I don't really want to have to run Afterburner all the time just to get my fans to spin. Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit (updated)

GTX 960

Ryzen 1600x

Gigabyte Ab350m-hd3

32GB of DDR4 RAM

A Corsair SSD

Luke Cypert, Apr 23, 2017
  3. 7splashy7 Win User
    Are my Graphics Card fans automatic?

I have an AMD Radeon RX480. However the fans do not spin unless i manually adjust it with a seperate program. Sometimes if i set a permanent speed, after 10 or 20 minutes it just stops which causes my games to crash. So are my fans automatic or not and
    if so, do they activate at a different temperature?

7splashy7, Apr 23, 2017
  4. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

Its difficult to analyse the problem when theres no bsod dmp file generated. All I can see are Problems with the GPU (Nvidia) Driver or graphics card itself:

Code: 2017-04-24T00 43:40.750 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 2017-04-24T00 43:40.751 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 2017-04-24T07 47:37.778 Error: The previous system shutdown at 7:25:30 AM on ?4/?24/?2017 was unexpected. 2017-04-24T07 47:31.766 Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.[/quote]
    Nvidia driver version is dated 3/31/2017

Maybe theres a newer version. U Also can try to roll back to an previous version.

BSODHunter, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

1. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up - Similar Threads - System Hang Crash

2. Asus rog GL752V brand new battery from newegg/fan spin ups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus rog GL752V brand new battery from newegg/fan spin ups: since the new October update, my fan is so loud and the computer is so hot. also for the 2nd time I unplug the power cord and used battery... this first time it last almost 2 hrs and last nite i used and on a blanket on the couch and it lasted not even 15 mins..... Someone...
  3. Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.: Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step. Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power...
  4. system hang start up

system hang start up: error: Exception EExternal Exception in Module WSHelper.exe at000CEDF8, External exception C0000006 How to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-hang-start-up/520f71ab-ef7b-4805-aebb-018f2acdd03d
  5. SYSTEMS HANGED

SYSTEMS HANGED: MY LEPTOP IS VERY VERY HANG WHEN I UPDATE ANY TYPES OOF APPLICATIN ARE NOT ON AND FULL SYSTEM IS VERY SLOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/systems-hanged/08d47e98-e567-4b10-b49a-e2e37dca81a0
  6. Geforce 760 fan spinning uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Geforce 760 fan spinning uncontrollably: Hello again, since a couple of days, I have a problem with the fans of my gfx card, a Nvidia Geforce 760. The fan would constantly start spinning at max speed for maybe 5 seconds, before cooling off again for another 5 seconds. It is a constant up and down and by now it...
  7. After Windows 10 refresh, fan spins up when turning on headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 refresh, fan spins up when turning on headset: Hi, as the title mentions I did a windows 10 refresh, mainly due to some random issues I was having. Since then everything has run smoothly, all previous issues resolved except for the fact that now every time I turn on my headset (Turtle Beach px5 - bluetooth connected via a...
  8. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...
  9. On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes: I included a screenshot of HWMonitor. Every other time I boot up my computer my system temperature rises to about 100C and my FANIN0 speeds all the way up and then about 60 seconds later my computer hangs and I have to hold the power button. I posted this on a few other...
  10. System Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Hangs: I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I have looked at the event logs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashes gpu fans spin full

2. game crashes and fans spin up

3. computer gpu crash and fan spin up