Windows 10: System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start

Discus and support System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, this week my system keeps freezing / hang on startup if all NVIDIA services and applications are set to run at start. How can I fix and identify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by djanthony93, Jun 30, 2017.

1. System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start

Hi, this week my system keeps freezing / hang on startup if all NVIDIA services and applications are set to run at start. How can I fix and identify other problems related to this? Is there anything I can do?
    All drivers are up to date, today I even made a clean gpu driver installation using Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode.

:)

djanthony93, Jun 30, 2017

2. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade on a Dell Precision 390?

Hi Prahalad,

the graphics drivers install without any problems. The random freeze/hang issue is while running Windows 10 with the NVIDIA graphics driver.

Uninstalling the NVIDIA driver and installing the Microsoft Basic Display driver fixes the freeze/hang issue.

Thanks.

Graham Hay, Jun 30, 2017
  3. Custom built PC keeps freezing (OS is Windows 10 Pro)

OK, so I had a feeling that it might be more than one service causing the freezing, and I've found that a lot of services (11 so far!!!) have caused the computer to freeze when only those services
    are ticked / enabled. The services that I have found so far (so not even done troubleshooting yet) that seem to be causing the freezing are (with start-up services that are found in task manager in italics (in both lists)):

• NVIDIA Streamer Service
    • NVIDIA Display Driver Service
    • NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service
    • Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface
    • Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service
    • Intel(R) Security Assist Helper
    • Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service
    • Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service
    • Realtek HD Audio Manager
    • NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy
    • CyberLink MediaLibray Service
    I find it hard to believe that every single one of these services make the computer freeze when only those services are ticked / enabled. Also, even when those services are unticked / disabled, the computer STILL freezes. There are still some services that
    I need to check if they're causing an freezing on their own, but there are so many that I have unticked, it makes it seem unplausable that a start up service is the problem. The services that I haven't caught on their own when the computer freezes are:

• Cyberlink Product - 2015/08/19 20:02:18
    • NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service
    • Google Update Service (gupdate)
    • Google Update Service (gupdatem)
    • Intel(R) Security Assist
    • NVIDIA Network Service
    • NVIDIA Backend
    • Microsoft OneDrive
    • brs
    • PowerDVD RC Service
    Is there anything else that might be causing the problem, or do all of these services all happen to cause the same freezing problem when only that service is selected to start up in clean boot troubleshooting?

Jamiedodgerification, Jun 30, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use. Are the boots faster or slower? Are the shutdowns faster or slower? How have the hangs changed? Are they better, worse, or the same? Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

Even without bsod this DM log collector can give us information about your computer environment.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  5. Command lines:
    I followed all your steps, disabling all services and applications but the first reboot MSI Afterburner and Corsair LINK launched at startup causing the usual freeze of the system at startup for about 2 seconds so I unchecked the startup flag in both application and rebooted again using the
    command. At the Windows startup were no hangs nor freeze but the reboot time took as long as usual (I'm talking about the Windows Logo and the Motherboard logo at boot).
    One thing I noticed is that in the second reboot attempt (when no application launched at startup) I opened Corsair LINK and it causes a freeze of the system for 2 seconds like the the usual one at startup when all applications are launched. Anyway I never experiences this thing before, my build is 3 months old and everything run fine until now.
    I even did an Heaven benchmark and I've got the same score as the first one (I've lost 4 fps from the maximum value maybe because I run the benchmark when the secondary monitor was plugged in the main GPU).

I don't know if it's important or not but sometimes Windows appeared to be very laggy at the login screen and then be responsive as always after login in.

Thanks for your help, hope this will get fixed.

EDIT: I uninstalled MSI Afterburner and Corsair LINK and then rebooted with all application services enabled, the system hangs 2 seconds like usuale as well.

djanthony93, Jul 1, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    There are multiple bsod and you will need to replace a driver(s).
    Can you please change the default language to English so that we can troubleshoot the logs?
    And also can you repost the prior administrative command prompt results in English so that we can interpret them?

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Code:
    nvlddmkm.sys[CODE]
     [url='http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys']nvlddmkm.sys[/url] nVidia Video drivers [url]http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx[/url] 
     Get from OEM for laptops    Code: iaStorA.sys[/quote]  [url='http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys']iaStorA.sys[/url] Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver [url]http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx[/url] XP   

Code: 31/05/2017 11:59 Application Error Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: NVDisplay.Container.exe, versione: 1.2.0.0, timestamp: 0x58f8034c Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: ntdll.dll, versione: 10.0.15063.0, timestamp: 0xb79b6ddb Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005 Offset errore 0x00000000000199f4 ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0xa70 Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d2da0495962253 Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer\NVDisplay.Container.exe Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll ID segnalazione: 3b8be7aa-24e6-45ab-bcde-21a5fbd35f93 Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore:[/quote]   Code: 31/05/2017 10:52 Application Error Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: nvcplui.exe, versione: 8.1.940.0, timestamp: 0x58f80261 Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: NVCPL.DLL, versione: 8.17.13.8189, timestamp: 0x58f7fc5e Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005 Offset errore 0x000000000005fed3 ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x2b88 Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d2d9fc0123f56c Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\NVCPL.DLL ID segnalazione: be8539d3-4a99-41c3-b499-a013e62a63b6 Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore:[/quote]  
     1) Uninstall all Nvidia drivers/software
     The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your the Asus web site for your computers configuration and operating system. 
     If you are unable to find a driver on the Asus web site then you can use the Nvidia web site. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7: [url='https://www.wagnardsoft.com/']Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download[/url]

2) update driver iastora.sys using the device manage > storage controllers > Intel chipset SATA RAID controller > properties > driver > 
     [url='https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_7-hardware/uninstalling-the-intelr-rapid-storage-technology/e3c4b6d6-56ba-4ac5-be50-89843c9d9b22']Uninstalling the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver - Microsoft Community[/url]
     reinstall: [url='https://downloadcenter.intel.com/']Drivers & Software[/url]
     [url='https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html']Intel® Driver Update Utility[/url]

3) If you can re-post the zip file in English we can then read and troubleshoot them: [url='https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/2198-bsod-posting-instructions.html']BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums[/url]

4) if possible please re-post the administrative command prompt commands in the earlier post in English so that we can troubleshoot them.

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  8. System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start

Command prompt:

This was the topic for the BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by MSI Afterburner

djanthony93, Jul 1, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Code: 01/06/2017 21:21 Application Error Faulting application name: RtlUpd64.exe, version: 3.0.0.6, time stamp: 0x584fb139 Faulting module name: avcuf64.dll, version: 3.13.17542.6533, time stamp: 0x59143f6f Exception code: 0xc00000fd Fault offset: 0x0000000000071b6f Faulting process ID: 0x2b60 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2db1d14b64dc3 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\HDADrv\WIN64\RtlUpd64.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\Active Virus Control\avc3_00126_004\avcuf64.dll Report ID: 3620a791-eccd-4b4e-8e2f-dd84f5d675ba Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:[/quote] Code: Problem signatureSystem hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start :p1: CorsairLink4.Service.exe[/quote] Some of the logs were changed to English but others are still in a foreign language. Can you view the event log and see if it is possible to update it in English. (For example: All'avvio non è stato possibile caricare i seguenti driver)

1) Uninstall all Realtek software/drivers
    Reinstall from the Asus web site for you computer's product or serial number.
    If you are unable to find a needed driver then use: Realtek

2) Uninstall all Corsair software and drivers
    Reinstall from the Asus web site for your computer's product or serial number.
    If you are unable to find needed software/drivers then use: DOWNLOADS

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  10. How can I create an english version of the event log? I set English as the default system language so I see everything in english in the event viewer.

Do I need to re-install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Which Intel driver do I need to re-install? I currently have Intel Network Connections and Intel Management Engine Components only.

On the ASUS driver download page for my motherboard there's a tons of Realtek drivers, which one do I need to pick?
    https://www.asus.com/it/Motherboards...Desk_Download/
    Is V7904_20160815_WHQL_DTS_StudioSound_SonicSuite_2.2.28_SonicRadar_2.1.3401.0 the correct one?

There's an unknown device, shown as hidden, in the device manager having this Hardware ID:

Code: ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0A0BACPI\PNP0A0B*PNP0A0B[/quote] I uninstalled Bitdefender a while ago, all the problems listed above occurs when it was already uninstalled.

EDIT: Intel Driver Update Utility detects no driver for my product

djanthony93, Jul 1, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    When you view control panel what do you see for Intel?
    Uninstall everything Realtek on your computer and reinstall this driver:
    IntcAzAudAdd Service for Realtek HD Service for Realtek HD C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys
    Uninstall the Intel driver as part of the chipset using the control panel and reinstall the driver from the Asus web site for your computer's serial or product number.

This Intel driver is part of the chip set. So you will need to uninstall all of the chipset drivers at one time. Then reinstall from the Asus web site for your computers configuration and operating system.
    iaStorA Kernel Boot Running C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  12. Once Corsair LINK is re-installed and launched at startup the system keep hangs for 0.5-1 second.

I currently have no Realtek driver installed and these are the only Intel driver from Program and functionality list:

System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start [​IMG]

These are all Intel devices from Device Manager:

Plus there's an unknown device:

Having this Hardware ID:

How can I update that specific Realtek driver?

djanthony93, Jul 1, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

The Realtek driver is listed on your computer.
    Download and install Everything: voidtools
    It can be set to run on boot or when needed.
    It will give you search results instantaneously.
    The more characters you enter the narrower the results.
    Enter the words realtek and enter the realtek driver that I posted earlier.

Please post an image of the control panel for Intel

Find the chipset download from the Asus web site and post it

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    See if the Realtek is found in device manager or control panel:
    Realtek r High Definition Audio Function Driver

C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\HDADrv\WIN64\RtlUpd64.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys

Code: IntcAzAudAdd Service for Realtek HD Service for Realtek HD Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 2.793.472 1.560.576 0 09/08/2016 13:32:52 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys 4.096[/quote]

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Have you been doing any over clocking?
    Please make sure that there is no over clocking during the troubleshooting.

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

1. System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start - Similar Threads - System hangs freeze

2. Settings app hangs on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app hangs on startup.: Whenever I open the Settings app on my computer, it just hangs here for a couple of seconds and just crashes. One time, I got an error saying there was no app associated with ms-settings. Can somebody help me so that I can update Windows?...
  3. Settings app hangs on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app hangs on startup.: Whenever I open the Settings app on my computer, it just hangs here for a couple of seconds and just crashes. One time, I got an error saying there was no app associated with ms-settings. Can somebody help me so that I can update Windows?...
  4. Settings app hangs on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  6. system hang start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system hang start up: error: Exception EExternal Exception in Module WSHelper.exe at000CEDF8, External exception C0000006 How to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-hang-start-up/520f71ab-ef7b-4805-aebb-018f2acdd03d
  7. System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    System crashing and freezing with nvidia cards: Recently got a EVGA 1050 ti FTW to replace my R9 270X which died a while ago. The card comes in and immediately after installing it I get power on issues. Eventually I manage to get into Windows. But then Windows crashes. The machine will power on for a few seconds then...
  8. Systems hangs for a while on files handling

in Windows 10 Support
    Systems hangs for a while on files handling: For instance: - Uploading and downloading files from browser - Opening a xls sheet, tried excel and openoffice same thing - I would say anything that involves windows file dialog box There is always an annoying hangout of a few seconds. W10 (creators update) up to...
  9. How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?: I have been experiencing hanging or freezes (see the picture below) on my computer when it starts up. What I often do is to force a shutdown thru the "Power" button (once or sometimes twice) so that the computer may start up normally. Can anybody tell me what the problem...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nome del modulo che ha generato lerrore: ntdll.dll versione: 10.0.18362.356 timestamp: 0xf24fc044

2. nome del modulo che ha generato lerrore: ntdll.dll versione: 10.0.18362.356 timestamp: 0x8de1c53a

3. windows 10 nvidia freeze at startup

4. windows shutsdown nvidia gpu during start up and hangs,
  5. System hangs/freeze at startup while NVIDIA services/apps start