Windows 10: System Hangs on Shutdown + System Interrupt CPU Use + Startup Problems

Discus and support System Hangs on Shutdown + System Interrupt CPU Use + Startup Problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having a set of problems that I can't find an answer for. 1. After choosing the "shutdown" command, the computer stays on the blue "the system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChochoYubi, Apr 1, 2016.

1. System Hangs on Shutdown + System Interrupt CPU Use + Startup Problems

I'm having a set of problems that I can't find an answer for.
    1. After choosing the "shutdown" command, the computer stays on the blue "the system is shutting down" screen forever--two days or more--until I hold down the power button for several seconds.
    2. On startup, most of the system tray icons (dropbox, network connection, antivirus etc.) don't appear.
    3. Task Manager shows a "system interrupt" process using about 99% of the CPU.

The problem can be solved temporarily by doing this:
    Powershell as Admin --> "sfc /scannow"

After that, the system is fine at the next startup, but after 1 or 2 startups more the problems reappear until I run SFC again.
    From reading other people's reports online it seems people sometimes solve this kind of thing through the Device Manager, but I don't know how to tell which--if any--device or driver is causing the problem.

I have a system restore USB, but am hoping not to do that because I don't want to go through reinstalling all my applications.

The machine is a Samsung NF210 netbook running Win 10, with all the latest updates. Samsung's website doesn't offer any drivers more recent than what's on my computer.

Any ideas?

:)

ChochoYubi, Apr 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 system interrupts using 20% CPU

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern over Windows 10 performance. I will certainly help you.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

1. What do you exactly mean by 'Microsoft test\scan' ?

2. Are you referring to Microsoft Safety Scanner ?

System Interrupts are a mechanism by which the hardware (or a background device) can notify the processor that something requires attention, could be USB transfer, disk transfer something like that; nothing to worry about.

Even simply moving your mouse activates an interrupt, the Operating System see's the interrupt which tells it that the mouse is being used and it must divert it's attention to what the mouse is doing.

You might experience performance issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Due to Software conflicts or Hardware problems.
    • If the drivers are corrupted or incompatbile with Windows.
    • Multiple startup programs running in background.
    • If your computer is infected by malware.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system performance and maintenance. Follow below steps:

1. Right click on Start button, select
    Control Panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all
    option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Disable the unnecessary Startup items

Make sure to kill processes that are not needed and disable the unnecessary Startup items via Startup in Task Manager.

1. Right click on Start and select Task Manager.

2. Click on Startup tab, right click on the process and click on
    Disable.

3. Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 3: Update the Drivers

Most hardware interfaces require driver software to work properly. If you recently upgraded from one version of Windows to another, power outages, viruses, or other computer problems, it's possible that the drivers have become corrupted. Downloading and
    installing the latest driver can resolve these types of problems.

Refer below article to know how to Update drivers:

How to update drivers

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    System Interrupt High CPU Usage

Hi Alex,

System Interrupt may appear as a process in Task Manager. However, it is a placeholder that the system uses to display system resources used by all the hardware interrupts that are occurring on your computer. When the computer performs a startup, System
    Interrupt keeps track of all the hardware interrupts that are occurring. It is normal to get around 8-12%, but getting 20% may indicate that the system needs a reboot.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Dyan Rey, Apr 1, 2016
  4. tacoban Win User

System Hangs on Shutdown + System Interrupt CPU Use + Startup Problems

mostly this kind of problems are being caused by virus/adware/malware etc.
    It can also be an "update" or "update checker" process of an application.

You could check ,by monitoring processes, wich process is using the most CPU and/or RAM.

tacoban, Apr 1, 2016
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Run device manager and look for yellow warning icon overlays. try to disable the device, and see if the Task Manager performance indicators show a drop in CPU usage from System interrupts.
    Re-enable the device and run msinfo32, and look for hardware resources, conflicts and sharing - see if the problem device is sharing as a triplet, or twin with another device - if so disable that other device(s) and consult the resources. you may need to disable more than one device. Test shutdown.
    Once you have a working system without interrupts preventing shutdown, or warnings in DM, you will need to find solutions to renable them without conflicting with other hardware - usually in the device properties.

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System Hangs on Shutdown + System Interrupt CPU Use + Startup Problems

1. System Hangs on Shutdown + System Interrupt CPU Use + Startup Problems - Similar Threads - System Hangs Shutdown

2. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  3. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  4. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  5. System interrupts CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts CPU usage: Hey guys, i’ve recently stumbled across another problem with my laptop. Whenever i attach a monitor, it becomes extremely slow, and when i check my task manager, it says something called “system interrupts” is taking 80 to 100% of my CPU. Anybody know any solution? I’ve tried...
  6. System Interrupts using 100% of CPU

System Interrupts using 100% of CPU: I recently built myself a new computer with a Ryzen 5600x, an MSI B550M Mortar and an Asus TUF Gaming OC RTX 3070. Since I’ve had it, when I am playing a games every now and then (probably about once every ten minutes but it depends on the game) my performance will seize up....
  7. System interrupts cause high cpu use

System interrupts cause high cpu use: I have tried everything and nothing works. There is no malware. All have recent drives. There is nothing wrong. System interrups just keeps continuing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-cause-high-cpu-use/6237634f-bbb7-4796-8cfd-da0f02578fb4
  8. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU: My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but its so bad that the...
  9. System interrupts using high percentage of CPU

System interrupts using high percentage of CPU: Occasionally my PC will slow down drastically. I will open task manager to find out what is causing the slowdown, only to find system interrupts using about 80% of my CPU. The problem I have with troubleshooting this is that unlike other users who have posted about this...
  10. System interrupts 100% cpu

System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/