Windows 10: System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

Discus and support System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I shut down my laptop and close the lid after clicking shut down. After some time when i start my laptop again it first shut down and then restart i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sksanjeeb95, Feb 16, 2017.

1. System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

I shut down my laptop and close the lid after clicking shut down. After some time when i start my laptop again it first shut down and then restart i notice that this problem happen in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 also. In event viewer it says " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly ".

I know that to resolve this issue i can select do nothing during close the lid. But I want to use this feature also.

So is there any way by which i can giver more priority to shut down command against close the lid command i.e Sleep .

:)

sksanjeeb95, Feb 16, 2017
  2. QiWang1 Win User

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Thank you Sumit, so I have tried the steps in this post: BSOD on wake in Netwtw06.sys after driver update |Intel Communities

(For some reason my current driver version is even newer than that on the intel website, which I completely don't know why. I downgraded to their version.)

Since I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce this BSOD, I'm not quite sure if the problem is solved, will let you know should it happens again.

thank you again.

QiWang1, Feb 16, 2017
  3. QiWang1 Win User
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-11-18T06:52:58.468723000Z

EventRecordID 9476

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer LAPTOP-UJS58N0O

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 80

BugcheckParameter1 0xffffa5055e98fff0

BugcheckParameter2 0x2

BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff8012b5f7990

BugcheckParameter4 0x2

SleepInProgress 6

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

BootAppStatus 3221225473

Checkpoint 0

ConnectedStandbyInProgress false

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 4

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

BugcheckInfoFromEFI true

CheckpointStatus 0

QiWang1, Feb 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

No. In order to avoid that error you have to allow the chosen method of shutting down the computer to complete. You either must select shutdown from the power menu and allow that function to complete entirely before closing the lid. Or you must close the lid first without selecting shutdown from the power menu.

I do believe this is affected, in part, by the Windows fast startup setting, though. Windows fast startup is disabled on my laptop because I have an SSD and it doesn't make that much of a difference. When I select shutdown from the power menu, and then immediately close the lid, the shutdown sequence is interrupted. When I open the lid again, the previous shutdown command just picks up where it left off and the computer finishes the shutdown. Then I have to press the power key to get it to turn on again, but I don't get any errors.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Feb 16, 2017
  5. Thanks for quick reply. lets see if any one has solution for it.

sksanjeeb95, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

1. System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. - Similar Threads - System has rebooted

2. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first, The computer has rebooted from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first, The computer has rebooted from...: Hi,Since a few days, Windows keep rebooting randomly. It can be when reaching the login screen, or after hours of usage.I am not sure what to make of it, I did not encountered the issue while in safe mode and I uninstalled the latest windows update but it still occurs.If...
  3. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Hi,Am running a web server on Azure, and it seems to restart unexpectedly every now and then.Have run WinDbg and it produced this:******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Hi,Am running a web server on Azure, and it seems to restart unexpectedly every now and then.Have run WinDbg and it produced this:******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  5. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?: My laptopZephyrus G15 2022 in windows 11 Event Viewer has this Critical Error :The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Log Name: System Source:...
  7. Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?: My laptopZephyrus G15 2022 in windows 11 Event Viewer has this Critical Error :The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Log Name: System Source:...
  8. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: hello i usually make my pc shutdown with Simple Shutdown Timer because i like to listen to something while sleeping . this morning i woke up i find my pc has rebooted . its weird because it should be shutdown so i checked event viewers and find this . BugcheckCode159...
  9. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Windows frequently spontaneously reboots. The only message appearing in the logs is Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 9/16/2019 8:24:07 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords:...
  10. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

in Windows 10 Support
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: ( The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first) Event ID 41. I found these errors on event viewer No BSOD NO restarting automatically I think it happens sometimes when I restart the PC. It's a fresh install Windows 10 and brand new gaming PC 57586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy x360 critical event 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly.