Windows 10: System image backup

Discus and support System image backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Thank you, I'm not interested in alternatives though. Just looking to fix this error. I was like you and wanted an answer, but I gave up and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yeahyeayeah, Sep 27, 2015.

1. JohnBurns Win User

System image backup

I was like you and wanted an answer, but I gave up and installed Macrium. I love Macrium Reflect - alway saves me!

JohnBurns, Sep 29, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

I know , that is why it is fast. I did look up my E-Sata speed in my MSI manual and it is at 3.0Gb/s.

3. Read this thread with interest as I have always used the Win Image backup. Downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect including making the WinPE based recovery system (saved onto a USB). First backup completed and verified and I am extremely pleased.

Thanks everyone for recommendingt this.

Anthony.

AnthonyRalph, Sep 29, 2015
  4. acmanten Win User

System image backup

Make sure you download the FREE version and not the "Trial" version. Macrium works...
    thanks.. Cliff m.

acmanten, Sep 30, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    I wonder if this will be posted. I am trying to download the FREE MACRIUM Software.
    Thanks

Cliff

I have download a FREE MACRIUM Reflect. and am about ready to check it.
    Cliff

acmanten, Sep 30, 2015
  6. Geneo Win User
    The most you can do is 500 MB/s on SATA. If it is a hard drive about 180 MB/s tops. So what you are saying is not physically possible. Did you check the macrium setting for displaying in bits vs bytes?

Geneo, Sep 30, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    I download a FREE version of Macrium Reflect yesterday, and this morning used it to make a new rescue dvd, and also made an IMAGE file of all my Windows 10 system over to a backup system. The Image file was 44.4GB.
    All be safe.. Cliff

acmanten, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System image backup

1. System image backup - Similar Threads - System image backup

2. Windows System Image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Image backup: I want to create a System Image backup of my PC running Windows 10. The hard disk has no partitions, its a single drive with 57 GB used. I am planning to use a 1 Tb external HDD for the backupWill my external HDD get formatted during the backup process?How much space...
  3. System image backup

System image backup: I have a msi laptop that don't have a dvd drive, when i use my system image backup it keeps asking me to create a system repair disk but i can't create becuse i don't have a dvd drive so how do i get rid of this problem plz help !! Thank you...
  4. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  5. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  6. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  7. System image backup question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image backup question: Hello, I bought an external 1TB drive, to make a system image backup (which is in progress as we speak). The backup should be somewhat around 350 GB. Can I use the remaining space for my purposes, or will that be a problem when I eventually will have to restore the backup?...
  8. System image backup

System image backup: I am trying to backup system image onto SD card formatted to NTFS but windows does not consider this as suitable. Can anyone assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-backup/9057d22e-bbcf-4007-bee5-9891199b3084
  9. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  10. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...