Windows 10: system image bugged!?

Discus and support system image bugged!? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; i made a system image before testing new updates. then i was trying to restore it, corrupted... *cry*cry*cry*cry fortunally i had a previous image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pietro, Oct 20, 2016.

1. pietro Win User

system image bugged!?

i made a system image before testing new updates. then i was trying to restore it, corrupted... *cry*cry*cry*cry

fortunally i had a previous image working. the only difference between the two images is a dual boot in the last one.

this isn't the first time it happens to have a corrupted image now. so... is it bugged?! is there a problem with dual boot?!

thanks

( it seems to use an incremental backup or something... so if a image goes wrong it goes always wrong?! )

:)

pietro, Oct 20, 2016
  2. JohnSci Win User

WINDOWS 10 BUG - SYSTEM IMAGE

TechNet Support suggested to turn on System Protection on the Windows System drive. This was already turned on.

---

Some additional information...

Partitions selected are the default partitions of EFI System Partition, Windows (Csystem image bugged!? :) (System) and Recovery (System).

---

Checked system protection, Windows is On, Recovery is Off.

Run Windows 10 SI to QNAP NAS. Fails after backing up the EFI System Partition with

There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set 0x807800C5

The specified backup disk cannot be found 0x80780081

---

Changed system protection, left Windows On and turned Recovery On.

Run Windows 10 SI to QNAP NAS. Fails after backing up the EFI System Partition with

There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set 0x807800C5

The mounted volume is inaccessible 0x8078004F

---

Any other suggestions?

This just worked in Windows 7, Windows 8.0 and 8.1.

Regards,

John

JohnSci, Oct 20, 2016
  3. WINDOWS 10 BUG - SYSTEM IMAGE

Anyone find a WORKING answer to this nightmare?

Volume Shadow Copy Service is on.

Network permissions are correct.

NAS is setup correct (all machines can back up EXCEPT Windows 10).

Drive is functioning perfectly - no errors, no issues, no bad error logs (brand new SSD drives!)

I expect the Professional version of Windows 10 to work with something as simple as a backup and tired of hearing the lame "consumer grade" excuse.

It's a BUG. PLEASE FIX (no wonder small businesses are leaving in droves).

Beefydog9999, Oct 20, 2016
  4. pietro Win User

system image bugged!?

to be more precise... corrupted means that my D: users partitions is read and written for about 25% and when the system restarts it says the partitions have errors to be managed and users profile aren't working...

pietro, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

system image bugged!?

1. system image bugged!? - Similar Threads - system image bugged

2. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  3. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  4. system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system image: windows 11 update for may 2022.system image backup on external ssd drive went from 2 minutes to 20 minutes.what is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image/283a418d-6882-4ba2-9933-61fbc9ed50a0
  5. System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image: After a computer 'crash' I am trying to restore from a System Image on an external hardrive after rebooting from a usb recovery. However it fails because Windows 10 Cannot find the Image on the hardrive. What is happening here?...
  6. System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image: How can I create a backup System Image? File History backs up my files to dual external hard drives (one off line at all times) but those won't do me any good in the event of a hardware disaster. I want to make a copy of all software on my system so I can recover on...
  7. Bad image bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad image bug: idk why but ever since the widows update I been getting this bug on certain games on my computer it keeps saying C://Windows/system32/driverstore/flierepository/nv_dispi.inf_am/nvd3dum.dll...
  8. System image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image: Am currently doing a system image (using the built in Windows 10 tool) for first time. My external HD is a 3 TB seagate connected via USB 3.0. The image I am taking is of my C: drive (Samsung Evo SSD, 300 gig out of 500 full) plus the secondary drive which only currently has...
  9. System Image

System Image: I wanted to create a system image to backup my PC as this is the second time I've had to format my PC. But when it asks me where to save it, I'm unable to choose the option, "On a hard disk". [img] 17309
  10. System Image

System Image: Hi. I am trying to restore a system image to my laptop. I received the following error message: A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information.(0x80042302). I Have restarted the VSS in Windows 10....