Windows 10: System Image Check?

Discus and support System Image Check? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; How can I check that my system image will work in the case of a crash, Windows 10. 30807 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bobbyboy, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Bobbyboy Win User

System Image Check?

How can I check that my system image will work in the case of a crash, Windows 10.

:)

Bobbyboy, Nov 19, 2015
  2. dharge Win User

System Image failure with error: The system image restore failed. Error details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)" on Windows 10

Here's my issue in a nutshell. Had an issue with my HP Envy 17 Leap Motion. I have Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10. Made a system image disk on an external hard drive and sent the unit back to HP for repair. HP had to replace the motherboard and some other small
    issues. Got the system back and attempted to re-load the system image disk and got the following messages - "The system image restore failed. Error details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)"

Tried to do a recovery and got this message:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0x000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device, contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer."

(btw...I have installation DVD and a USB recovery drive)

Next it was suggested I reset the PC. I got this message:

"The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."

Have no clue how to do that.

I hope I've give you enough information to offer a suggestion.

Original title: System Image failure

dharge, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    System Image Restore Does Not Find System Image In System Image Check? :D Drive, External Drive, Etc. Windows 10 Pro V1709 64 Bit

Hi Luis,

This might be caused by a corrupted file. Do give us an update once you're done with the disk cleanup so we can provide further assistance.

If the issue persists, if it is the system image for Windows 10, try downloading a new installation media that you can use through this
    link.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 19, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

System Image Check?

Simple answer is you can't with Windows Built in backup. Free third party software sunch as: Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper do have the option to verify the image.

topgundcp, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    One way is if you have a spare disk, try to image to that. But if your recovery environment can see disk and find your image, you're 98% good, for the last 2% a test recovery is really the only way of knowing. Also if your Imager can verify the image(like Macrium Reflect can) will close the gap even more.

Cliff S, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Bobbyboy Win User
    Thanks both, reason I ask is that if I rht click the file it comes up as empty!

Bobbyboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Image Check?

1. System Image Check? - Similar Threads - System Image Check

2. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  3. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  4. Checking image resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Checking image resolution: Hi all. I am trying to determine the resolution of an image, but the vertical and horizontal image resolutions are not in the details section of the image properties. That's where I thought it would be and that's where all of the online forums said it should be. As you...
  5. Is there anyway to check a system image restore will work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to check a system image restore will work?: Going to be putting in a new main drive soon, so it will have nothing but the license on my laptop mobo to go off, install clean with a recovery disk or something I guess then restore. I tried a cloning tool and it failed to boot, tried to make an image with another tool and...
  6. System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image: After a computer 'crash' I am trying to restore from a System Image on an external hardrive after rebooting from a usb recovery. However it fails because Windows 10 Cannot find the Image on the hardrive. What is happening here?...
  7. Win 10 system disk Image.... check for errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 system disk Image.... check for errors: I just made a system disk image of my windows 10 operating system on an external drive and want to make sure it has no defects. How do I check it for errors? and will this image install ALL of my files on a new Hard drive if my existing hard drive fails (crashes) Thank you...
  8. System image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image: Am currently doing a system image (using the built in Windows 10 tool) for first time. My external HD is a 3 TB seagate connected via USB 3.0. The image I am taking is of my C: drive (Samsung Evo SSD, 300 gig out of 500 full) plus the secondary drive which only currently has...
  9. System Image

System Image: I wanted to create a system image to backup my PC as this is the second time I've had to format my PC. But when it asks me where to save it, I'm unable to choose the option, "On a hard disk". [img] 17309
  10. System Image

System Image: Hi. I am trying to restore a system image to my laptop. I received the following error message: A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information.(0x80042302). I Have restarted the VSS in Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check windows system image

2. check system image windows