Windows 10: System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive

Discus and support System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have recently moved the location of my OneDrive folder to the D: drive. When I use "Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to create a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by AjayK47, Aug 10, 2016.

1. AjayK47 Win User

System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive

I have recently moved the location of my OneDrive folder to the D: drive.

When I use "Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to create a system image I get the following message prior to completion:

Backup skipped backing up D:\OneDrive\Documents as it is on the backup target.

Is this because for some reason the D: drive is now being included in the system image?
    If so, how do I stop it?

Any help appreciated.

:)

AjayK47, Aug 10, 2016
  2. JTBurnett Win User

Creators Update & Library Folders

Thank you Devin!

So I moved it to D:/, but it's still wonky.

My 'real' Picture Folder is at D:/, yet when I click on OneDrive in 'This PC' it still shows Pictures as a OneDrive folder, and there is no 'Location' Tab on the 'real' Picture folder in D: to move it up top. Settings in OneDrive is set to 'This PC Only.'

***Edit: I tried moving it to S:/ thinking the 2 Picture Folders in D:/ was confusing it. No difference. The problem I have is that under 'This PC' the Picture Folder reflects wherever I've moved OneDrive to; D or S and insists on making it a OneDrive Folder.
    My 'real' Picture folder residing in D: doesn't have a Location Tab anymore for some reason to move it. Should I right click on the one in D: and choose add to library/pictures? Or will I end up with a nested mess?

System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive [​IMG]

JTBurnett, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Folder security after relocating user folders

Hello,

I have a C-drive (system) and a D-drive (data).

After I install Windows 10, I move user folders to my D-drive by relocating the Documents, Pictures, Videos etc. folders within Properties|Location. This seems to be an official function within Windows.

However, by using this Windows feature the security is inherited from the D-drive, so the security is wrong after the folder move. This results in all users receiving access to all folders.

Questions:

• is there an official Windows feature for moving the complete User-folder to the D-drive with a single action (instead of moving all subfolders?
    • Is there a way to keep the original security settings for the User-folders instead of inheriting them from the D-drive?

Thanks in advance,

SJW

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy]

Sjoerd-Jaap Westra, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive - Similar Threads - System Image error

2. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  3. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  4. How to move OneDrive to D Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OneDrive to D Drive?: Hi, I have Windows 10. I moved downloads and pictures to D by clicking right and going to location. There is no such option on the OneDrive folder. What is the method to move it on the D drive which is much larger and would like it there. Thank you. 181983
  5. How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?: For some reason all my save game data is going to a documents folder in my Onedrive. I tried moving it to my c and d drive but it gives me a error message when I do so. I tried copying the contents of the folder and pasting them somwhere else but it did not work and caused...
  6. moving doc folder to D drive

moving doc folder to D drive: I'm signed in as an Administrator but when I open the properties in my C drive Documents folder there is no location tab. How do I get it to show up? Thank you......
  7. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...
  8. Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving: Windows 10 Pro 1909 64 bit Problem: Moved Desktop, Documents & Pictures from %UserProfile% folder on C drive to new location on D drive. OneDrive syncing was turned off. Operation success. The next day the same folders were missing from D drive, only present in OneDrive...
  9. Moving Pictures to the D drive and syncing with Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Pictures to the D drive and syncing with Onedrive?: Howdy, I have Documents, Pictures, etc sync with OneDrive and it has always worked just fine. I got a new laptop that has a 2nd hard drive in it and I want to move all my pictures over there since they almost fill up the primary drive on their own. I already had OneDrive...
  10. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive