Windows 10: System Image Question

Discus and support System Image Question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Please do yourself a favour and use Macrium Reflect or any other disk imager. In my tests (and many others) the Microsoft System Image service rarely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tenofhearts12, Jan 7, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

System Image Question

I always recommend using at two different image backup up tools initially, in case one fails. I am an unashamed advocate of Macrium Reflect Free which has worked for me across many devices. I found the internal windows system to be less reliable.

What you find is a particular tool may work fine on your pc, but others may find it doesn't work on theirs.

Ultimately, you have to experiment to find the one that works best for you.

Although Macrium has never let me down, and I use it all the time, I always make an occasional backup with Easeus Todo which also has worked well for me (but I prefer Macrium as it is faster).

Point is "Do not put all you eggs in one basket"

Regardless of imaging program used, you should always backup critical data separately as well, in case a full reinstall became necessary.

I actually keep my OS and programs on one drive, and data on another - makes data backup much easier and prevents creating huge image files.

cereberus, Feb 8, 2016
  2. PiKo Win User

In Win7 system image recovery always worked. The first time I needed a system image recovery in Win10 it did NOT work. A new Win10 installation was necessary. Moreover, with each Win10 update, my restore points are gone. So, my confidence in backup-restore facilities in Win10 is below zero.

Thema:

System Image Question

1. System Image Question - Similar Threads - System Image Question

2. System image and pc login question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image and pc login question: I have a new laptop. I used microsoft when first opening new laptop. I also added a login password for the laptop. I then made a system image, then installed a few programs and made a second image. I had a fan issue so dell technician came and changed the fan and motherboard....
  3. System image and pc login question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image and pc login question: I have a new laptop. I used microsoft when first opening new laptop. I also added a login password for the laptop. I then made a system image, then installed a few programs and made a second image. I had a fan issue so dell technician came and changed the fan and motherboard....
  4. hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .: What exactly would happen if turned TimeFreeze on, installed an imaging program (or used a portable application) and hot imaged my system partition, saved the image to another non shadowed partition? 169157
  5. System image backup question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image backup question: Hello, I bought an external 1TB drive, to make a system image backup (which is in progress as we speak). The backup should be somewhat around 350 GB. Can I use the remaining space for my purposes, or will that be a problem when I eventually will have to restore the backup?...
  6. Reinstall System Image Question

Reinstall System Image Question: Reinstall System Image Question – When saving a system image in Windows 10, it saves it as “Windows Image Backup.” I then add the date to the listing and save it. Therefore, I have a list of backups that read like “Windows Image Backup 9-4-19.” So, this is my question. If I...
  7. Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image

Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image: Thanks to this site I am regular Macrium user for System Images. I have read here that it is a good idea to split your OS (C Drive) and your music/docs/videos (to say D Drive) into separate partions. This results in a faster System image to create and restore due to the...
  8. Question About Create System Image

Question About Create System Image: If you create a system image using Create System Image in Backup and Restore and save it to an internal hard drive in an enclosure connected via usb, can you just use that as a replacement hard drive and just replace your current hard drive and use the one the System Image is...
  9. System Image question

System Image question: I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7). My Previous OS was Win7 but I deleted the .old folder left behind, will there be any issues if I make the image here regardless if it says windows 7 or...
  10. question about a system image

question about a system image: I have a asus laptop i couldnt get my printer to work. well it came down to i have been infected with some very bad trojans and virus. they couldn have fixed it for 109 bucks but i dont have that kind of money. I have system Image on a external hdd. If i put that on my laptop...