Windows 10: System Image Recovery fails with error 0x80070002

Discus and support System Image Recovery fails with error 0x80070002 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've got a Surface Pro 3 and a system image backup from an exactly similar device on an external hard drive. When I boot to installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jiipeepee, Aug 14, 2016.

1. jiipeepee Win User

System Image Recovery fails with error 0x80070002

Hi everyone,

I've got a Surface Pro 3 and a system image backup from an exactly similar device on an external hard drive. When I boot to installed Windows 10 (same occurred with 8.1) and try to recover the backup, the system finds the backup file but I get notified "You need to boot from USB to be able to recover" (I'm running Finnish version, so the translations are my own).

Ok, I created a bootable Win10 installation USB disk and try again: I'm able to boot from USB and get all the way to Recover Image, but then I get this error:
    Internal error. Specified file can't be found. (0x80070002)

So the backup and external HDD seem to be fine as they're recognized from installed Windows, but when booting from USB it seems that the device can't read the backup files. I also tried running command prompt in "boot from USB" state and managed to navigate to external HDD, so it's not a hardware issue.

I found some slightly similar topics which mentioned issues with permissions, but I don't know exactly what should I try doing with them. *Redface

Any ideas or suggestions?

:)

jiipeepee, Aug 14, 2016
  2. bobburney Win User

Windows 10 image restore

I created a backup image for a new HP450G4 laptop and attempted to restore it without success. The first error is 0x80070002. I tried different USB ports for the external hard drive with the image with the same results. I then tried this suggestion for
    8.1 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-fails-with-a-0x80070002-error-in-windows-8-1)
    . I formatted the volume and ran image restore again. This time I received error 0x8007048F. When checking with disk part I find the volume is raw again although I did not have the image restore do a format. I can find no relevant suggestions for 0x8007048F
    and image recovery. Suggestions?

bobburney, Aug 14, 2016
  3. dewood57 Win User
    windows 10 recovery from usb flash drive failure (system can't find file 0x80070002)

I have attempted Win10 recovery from system image file located on usb flash drive. This process resulted in a failed reset to factory status with an error message ....unable to complete recovery. Subsequent trys result in message: internal error occurred...system
    cannot find file (0x80070002). Cannot reboot to old Win10 system (bootmgr is missing)....suspect hard drive has been at least partially wiped. Would very much appreciate any advice.

dewood57, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

System Image Recovery fails with error 0x80070002

1. System Image Recovery fails with error 0x80070002 - Similar Threads - System Image Recovery

2. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,: ok so i have a asus z97a motherboard , i54690k CPU .i went to overclock it and it started saying that there was an issue with my framework, i cant remember the exact error i got , i tried to reinstall the 3.5 framework and it wouldn't install so i did a restore on my computer...
  3. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,: ok so i have a asus z97a motherboard , i54690k CPU .i went to overclock it and it started saying that there was an issue with my framework, i cant remember the exact error i got , i tried to reinstall the 3.5 framework and it wouldn't install so i did a restore on my computer...
  4. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Can I use a SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY to transfer my files to anew PC trough an external drive? If on my existing pc i have 2 disks C: and D: and the new one will also have 2 disks will the system install the image on the new PC like they were on the old PC? C: to C: amd D:ti...
  6. System Recovery error code 0x80070002

System Recovery error code 0x80070002: System Recovery error code 0x80070002, I think my SSD drive is now "x" & I tried using the sfc scan as well as chkdsk in CMD but they don't work neither does any of the safe-mode options. Anyone have a fix or workaround for this issue? Thank you in advance. Note: It does not...
  7. system image recovery

system image recovery: I can't long into my Desktop-HTLT8V4 it needs recovery key and the sign I got was - to retrieve this key , go tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PC or mobile device .in case you need it the key ID is D48B8C0E...
  8. System image recovery

System image recovery: I had backed up a system image on March 2, put an old Windows 7 one I had on my Netbook before it broke (my desktop was originally a Windows 7 btw). On March 30, I tried to restore the system image I saved earlier in the month, but I ended up getting a system image I saved...
  9. System Image recovery error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image recovery error: Hi all, I am trying to do a system image recovery on my windows 10. windows identify my system image back up but it asks me to windows installation disc or a system repair disc. (which I dont have) When I try to create a system repair disc it gives following error message...
  10. System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Recovery: Hi All, I'm switching to SSD and I created a system image on the drive already. I tried going to system image recovery to boot using it, however when I click it, the screen goes blank. I'm pretty sure it's not a time thing, I gave it 8 hours. I'm pretty sure this is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. System Image Recovery fails with a 0x80070002 error in Windows 10

2. surface system image recovery 0x80070002