Windows 10: System Image & Repair Disk

Discus and support System Image & Repair Disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rjordan393, Jun 4, 2016.

1. System Image & Repair Disk

Hello all,
    When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types.
    As I pulled up the application to perform this operation, I saw there was a link to make a system repair disk. So I decided to do that first. I had a dvd-rw 4.7 gb and use that. The down load went well.
    Next I placed the USB device into the slot and started the download but about 20 minutes later, my computer asks me to place another disk to continue. Why? Is not the 32 gb usb enough to make a system image on usb?
    So what do I need to do or check? I speak very little computerese.

:)

rjordan393, Jun 4, 2016
  2. peter jh Win User

Win 10 Repair Disk on USB Mem Stick?

With more & more laptops not having a DVD Drive how do you make a Win 10 Repair Disk on a USB Mem Stick?

You can make a System Image to USB but not the Repair Disk to usb. Thus you cannot boot the computer & then reload the System Image.

peter jh, Jun 4, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
  4. Edwin New Member

System Image & Repair Disk

Windows will not recognize a thumb drive (usb) for system images.
    Try using an external hard drive, (if you have access to one).

Edwin, Jun 4, 2016
  5. Thanks,
    I'll check out whats available at my local electronics store.

rjordan393, Jun 4, 2016
  6. I went to "Best Buy" and purchased an external hard drive by "WD" that has 3 tb capacity. If they had the 2 tb in stock, I would have picked out that one. Either one will give me much more capacity that I will ever need as it will only be used to restore "Windows Files". I prefer to keep my personal files on C drive and keep a backup of them on a thumb drive.

rjordan393, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Image & Repair Disk

1. System Image & Repair Disk - Similar Threads - System Image Repair

2. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  3. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  4. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  5. Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD: I am replacing my hard disk. I have system image backup and system repair disk. Can I just restore to an empty hard disk or do I need to install a new copy of Windows 10....
  6. recovery system image repair disk

recovery system image repair disk: I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will...
  7. system repair disk doesn't recognize the drive my system image backups are on

system repair disk doesn't recognize the drive my system image backups are on: Hello, My computer got infected with some malware, and I would like to use a backup (WindowsImageBackup) residing on an external hard drive. I have a system repair disk (actually, a USB drive); however, when I boot from it, and navigate to the menu option that handles...
  8. revovery usb disk vs system repair disk vs system image

in Windows 10 Support
    revovery usb disk vs system repair disk vs system image: Hi Guys Scenario: if system is unable to boot, windows corrupted ,crashed completely. 1. Could you please clarify the difference between the Usb recovery disk and system repair disk created by the windows 10. And if I have my system image created already the do I really...
  9. system repair disk

system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632
  10. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...