Windows 10: System Image with separate user accounts

Discus and support System Image with separate user accounts in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just a quick question. Can I make a system image of recent Windows 10 install which has been set up with two user accounts (one is a child's account)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hazel123, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Hazel123 Win User

System Image with separate user accounts

Just a quick question. Can I make a system image of recent Windows 10 install which has been set up with two user accounts (one is a child's account) with their own different set-ups, programs etc. If so - which account do I use to select to make a system image from. Just confused myself lol.

:)

Hazel123, Apr 15, 2017

2. Multiple User accounts with separate desktops, how to hide folder on new account.

Hello Dalton,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with files. We will certainly help you.

You can change the permissions of the folders you want for the user account. Try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Sign-in to your (Administrator) user account.

2. Right click on the File or folder
    you want to deny permission for the other user account.

2. Click Properties and then click on Security
    tab from top.

3. Now click on the other user account from the accounts list
    which you want to deny to open the folder for.

4. Next click on Edit tab and check the boxes under deny column.

5. Click apply and ok.

Now sign in to the new user account and try to access the folder and check if you are able to access it.

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Multiple User accounts with separate desktops, how to hide folder on new account.

Hey, I've set up a user account on my PC to allow my mom to sign in and do her own work on the computer, without interfering with any of my files or work. However, it seems my desktop icons are cluttered all over the desktop on her account, and she still
    has access to many of my folders. Is there anyway to create a dedicated desktop for her, while not interfering with any of my files or desktop icons?

DaltonAdams, Apr 15, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Yes you can - a system image will include all accounts.

Assuming the Adult is set up as an administrator and the child as a standard user it would make sense to use the Adults account.

If you use the childs account you should be prompted for the Administrator users password. It is possible however that you have further limited the child's access and they don't get the option at all.

If you get the option to make an image it will backup everything.

Thema:

1. System Image with separate user accounts - Similar Threads - System Image separate

2. add files to system image disk in separate directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    add files to system image disk in separate directory: Hi, WIN 10 64 bit, used WIN 7 backup utility built into WIN 10 to make a system image. I have a 1TB HDD in my system that I did a full system image of with the boot DVD. It works fine. I put the system image, 800GB, on my 2TB USB HDD, SO, I am basically wasting 1 TB of...
  3. User account image at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account image at log-on: Win10 Pro 21H1 I don't want to see any image/icon mucking up my beautiful log-in screen. I can not, after reading and following dozens of threads, seem to delete it. I have deleted all images in these locations:...
  4. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  5. How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?

How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?: I've been trying to setup 2 user accounts on my Windows 10 OS; so, that I can separate my Uni work and regular use, but I'm not able to separate the accounts when it comes to the apps and programs. E.g. when i delete a shortcut on my desktop from the uni work account it also...
  6. Separate Google Drive Account for each User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Google Drive Account for each User: If you have multiple users on a single PC, can each account connect to a separate google drive and run its own instance of google drive Backup and Sync? I assume that onedrive integrate better in this instance where you would enter the one drive for each windows users? Paul...
  7. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  8. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users: I am a father that has a 16 y/o son. So when I set up his xbox account, he used my microsoft account. I have several files on my one drive and keep changing my password effecting my son's xbox account. Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365...
  9. Setting up a separated user account

Setting up a separated user account: Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not...
  10. Complete separate user account? Win 10

Complete separate user account? Win 10: I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed. Another example being that I have family photos of my...