Windows 10: System Info screen: Windows 10 activation and Product ID

Discus and support System Info screen: Windows 10 activation and Product ID in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Thanks for all the help and assistance I have received. I have just rebooted again my upgraded Win 10, and all still appears to be fine but I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by acmanten, Aug 24, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

System Info screen: Windows 10 activation and Product ID

Thanks for all the help and assistance I have received.

I have just rebooted again my upgraded Win 10, and all still appears to be fine but I always have questions, and someone said there are never any bad questions.... I need to ask below.

1. My reboot says "Windows is activated" and Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-(and five more alpha numeric here)
    Is it OK to show the Product ID, and can I check that with Microsoft ?

Does this mean that my Windows 10 is fully upgraded and completely activated by Microsoft?

I have made several different System Protection, restore points.

What is the next process that I should follow ?
    Thanks for send me info. all be safe.. cliff M.

:)

acmanten, Aug 24, 2015
  2. DMFerral Win User

How to upgrade my motherboard without losing OS license?

Hi Gerry,

In 'About' it says:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

OS build:: 10586.318

Product ID : .....-.....-.....-.....

I've also run slmgr.vps \dlv, and I get the following info:

Software licencing service version: 10.0.10586.0

Name: Windows (R), Core edition

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel

Activation Id: ........-....-....-....-............

Application Id: ....

Extended PID: 03..................

Product Key Channel: Retail

Installation ID: ....

Use license URL : validation ... retail

Partial Product Key: ...

License Status: Licensed

Remaining windows rearm count: 1001

Remaining SKU rearm count: 1001

Could I be confident in saying it is a retail version?

Regards,

DMFerral, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Setup has failed to validate the product key

I'm running windows 10 pro.

The update and security screen says Windows is activated but just to be sure I went through support and gave them my product ID and they then gave me a confirmation ID and activated windows. That all worked, but the windows 10 installer still says Windows
    10 Setup has failed to validate the product key.

I downloaded the iso through the media creation tool, is there a different one I should be using or is something else the matter?

Thanks

MrCalavera, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

System Info screen: Windows 10 activation and Product ID

1. System Info screen: Windows 10 activation and Product ID - Similar Threads - System Info screen

2. How to activate windows 10 without product id or key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows 10 without product id or key?: I'm supposed to a legit version of windows 10, updated from windows 8. My old laptop broke and then put my ssd into new laptop and used it for a few days and then decided, but after clean install windows now tells me to activate windows....
  3. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?: Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or Official, I said Official, then he asked me for the Product Id, he doesn't know that Product Id and Key aren't the same things, so...
  4. Windows 10 activation info?

Windows 10 activation info?: I have an OEM desktop PC with an embedded Product key in the UEFI BIOS on the motherboard. Until recently when clean installing using the Media Creation Tool I have never once seen the Activation screen appear that asks for a Product Key. I have tested this twice in the last...
  5. Reinstall windows 10 with activated windows 7 product id.

Reinstall windows 10 with activated windows 7 product id.: My hard drive crashed and I had no recovery media to boot the new drive. I used windows 7 to boot the new drive and it installed. At he end I was asked to activated it which I did with my key and received a new product id. Now I need to download and reinstall the windows 10 I...
  6. Wrong Windows Activation Product ID after reinstall

Wrong Windows Activation Product ID after reinstall: We have a Dell machine that came with windows 8 pro installed with an free upgrade to windows 10. I recently reset the machine and reinstalled windows 10, but this time it reloaded as Windows 10 Home not Pro. When I looked at the Windows activation product ID it had change...
  7. Unavailable windows 10 product id in control panel>system and security>system and product...

Unavailable windows 10 product id in control panel>system and security>system and product...: i have bought acer swift 3 amd ryzen 5 laptop three to four minmon ago but now suddenly its windows activation page in settings is shown blank and the product Id in control panel>system and security>system shows product id : Not available even after generating product key...
  8. anavailable windows 10 product id in control panel>system and security>system and product...

anavailable windows 10 product id in control panel>system and security>system and product...: i have bought acer swift 3 amd ryzen 5 laptop three to four minmon ago but now suddenly its windows activation page in settings is shown blank and the product Id in control panel>system and security>system shows product id : Not available even after generating product key...
  9. Windows Product ID to Windows product.

Windows Product ID to Windows product.: I have various Windows product ID's and corresponding product licence keys for our office PC's. How can I find out from the Product ID which is the correct windows to download?...
  10. Activation Key & Product ID

Activation Key & Product ID: Where can I find my activation Code in my windows 10 and How could I know its genuine from Microsoft ? and what's mean by Product ID when I click on proprieties on my computer ? Could some one answer my Question...