Windows 10: System Information Program Tool

Discus and support System Information Program Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; System Information Program Tool [img] [img] We had this I remember on 7 forums and was wondering if we had it here on 10 forums. Very handy for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by seth500, Aug 21, 2015.

1. seth500 Win User

System Information Program Tool

System Information Program Tool [​IMG]

We had this I remember on 7 forums and was wondering if we had it here on 10 forums. Very handy for filling in system specs. If anybody has an idea if we are fortunate to have this here I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to it. If not I guess I'll just have to type. *chuckle TIA. Kirk

:)

seth500, Aug 21, 2015

2. Windows (10) System Information Diagnostic tool.

Maureen

Right click the Start icon, select Control Panel (with View by Small icons
    1 (image below) selected) and Security and Maintenance
    2 (image below). You have a number of options there.

Next select Maintenance 2 (image below),
    View reliability history 3
    (image below). you will find useful information about recent problems.

The next image illustrates the Reliability History Windows. The red circles show problems.The default shows details for the latest day
    1 (image below). If you click the red circle for another day e.g.
    2 (image below) the details for
    and4
    (image below) change to those for the earlier day. Click on item
    to get the technical details of the problem. You can also see more details in the Event Viewer Application log by filtering on Event ID: 1001.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 21, 2015
  4. seth500 Win User

You know what! I am so tired, I just rolling on the floor, hell this one works just the same. I can't believe I just posted a thread asking for something I already had that works just the same on this system as it did for Windows 7. Oh my as it is only obvious in the screen shot that the Os that the program is showing is WINDOWS 10!!! DUM DE DUM...Thank you, thank you, I just did the dumbest post ever..*sarc

seth500, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Not really dumb, because I personally never heard of it(I don't need it, but now can recommend it) other newbies though. could use it, to fill in their system specs, as an alternative to speccy(we should be supporting our forums coders/devs where possible). Can you edit your first post and provide a link, so people won't have to search all over?

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    It looks like nice program, please do provide address to download it from. I think I remember the name of programmer from somewhere long ago. Many (including me) were not members of 7forums and if it works on W10 it would be useful.

CountMike, Aug 21, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
  8. Cliff S New Member

Thanks topgun! I wanted something after speccy farted and BSOD'd my system. I already have most of the information, but... you know, something that calls up data like this, is better than scrolling through System Information in Admin Tools.

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Aug 21, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Sometimes though it's nice also to have a program running in the background and LOGGING info say every 5 mins (300,000 m/secs).

I was getting intermittent shutdowns so it was very helpful to have a time stamped file of various parts of the system including CPU temp etc.

Here's the link (Free)

It can optionally LOG info at user specified intervals to a CSV file (great for excel --already formatted !!) -- nice program !!!

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools

sample of a log file shown below

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 21, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    Somewhat newer version from what I had a while ago.

CountMike, Aug 21, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    How is it working with Win10 Jimbo? Has it had any problems like speccy(as stated above for example).

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Thomas Win User

Thanks. Both programs are worth having.

Thomas, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Rocky Win User
    What is wrong with Speccy? It works perfectly for me in Windows 10.

Rocky, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Speccy - Incompatible with build 10525 I have had problems with it in RTM build 10240 too though, and not just me either(see thread).

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. System Information Program Tool - Similar Threads - System Information Program

2. system information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  3. system information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  4. system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  6. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  7. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  8. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...
  9. DMA Information is blank in System Information

in Windows 10 Support
    DMA Information is blank in System Information: I have a desktop pc with Win10 v1803 and noticed that under System Information/Hardware Resources/DMA there is nothing shown in the right pane. On my laptop also running the same version of Windows 10 has the DMA information 118548
  10. User Information Program

User Information Program: Hi there, At my school we have a piece of software (called RM MyConnect) which displays user information such as Full Name, Primary Group, PC Name, PC Location, Connectivity to the server etc. It also lets users log off, change their password, and lock the PC. I would...