Windows 10: system is microstuttering every few seconds

Discus and support system is microstuttering every few seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stevethepocket, Jun 28, 2018.

1. system is microstuttering every few seconds

I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched. What I think is happening is that the computer is doing the Max Headroom stutter (remember when computers did that when they tried to play videos?) but extremely fast. I've experienced that before, playing games on a computer whose video card was failing. I then attempted to play a game and listen to an MP3 in Winamp, and they both had the same issue. It's not just the audio; by smooth-scrolling a long webpage while an MP3 was playing, I've confirmed that the screen also freezes during these hiccups. It's almost as if something is stealing CPU clock cycles, but that sounds ridiculous even to me.

I know the issue is specific to Windows somehow, because this computer is a dual-boot with Linux, and I'm able to watch videos, listen to music, and play games in Linux just fine.

:)

stevethepocket, Jun 28, 2018

2. After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds

Things that have not helped so far:
    • Installing the official Realtek audio driver (I was relying on the built-in one before)
    • Updating my video driver again
    • Running sfc /scannow to check if the file was corrupted (no issues were reported)
    • Downloading a program called TweakBit Driver Updater, which turned out to be pretty much a scam—it'll tell you literally all your drivers are out of date, even the ones you just downloaded the newest version for (like my Realtek), and then demand you upgrade to the paid version to actually do anything about it.

The only thing I've seen recommended that I haven't already done is to update my BIOS. I'm sure that would be a good idea in general, because in the ten years I've owned this machine I've never done that. But I don't even know the exact model of my motherboard (it's an off-the-shelf computer) and System Information just says "BaseBoard Model: Not Available".

3. After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds

I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched. What I think is happening is that the computer is doing the Max Headroom stutter (remember when computers did that when they tried to play videos?) but extremely fast. I've experienced that before, playing games on a computer whose video card was failing. I then attempted to play a game and listen to an MP3 in Winamp, and they both had the same issue. It's not just the audio; by smooth-scrolling a long webpage while an MP3 was playing, I've confirmed that the screen also freezes during these hiccups. It's almost as if something is stealing CPU clock cycles, but that sounds ridiculous even to me.

I know the issue is specific to Windows somehow, because this computer is a dual-boot with Linux, and I'm able to watch videos, listen to music, and play games in Linux just fine.

4. dalchina Win User

system is microstuttering every few seconds

After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds

Hi, it may be that you are experiencing latency problems with a new set of drivers following the upgrade to 1803.

Try Resplendence's LatencyMon (free) to check for latency.

Posts here on stutter and LatencyMon refer- but not easy to resolve.

dalchina, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

system is microstuttering every few seconds

1. system is microstuttering every few seconds - Similar Threads - system microstuttering every

2. Sound Glichting every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Glichting every few seconds.: Hello.I've been having audio problems on my Windows 11 PC for a few weeks now. The sound interrupts, skips and distorts every few seconds. These problems occur when I listen to music from the browser, WMP or when I play games. I tried uninstalling the drivers, undoing Windows...
  3. Videos pause every few seconds.

Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  4. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  5. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  6. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. popup every few seconds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    popup every few seconds: hi i keep getting a popup saying your licence is about to exspire soon & when i go to activation it wont let me troubleshoot it i am just at a loss as i dont know what they are asking for can anyone help also will i lose my internet connection without this licence ? thankyou...
  8. Download interrupts every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download interrupts every few seconds: Hi, Whatever the file I want to download, whatever the http source I'm downloading from, whatever the web browser I'm using, the download is regularly interrupted. I would say every 15 seconds. So I need to manually resume the download. My problem appeared some...
  9. After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds: I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched....
  10. Windows 10 microstutter every second.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 microstutter every second.: Since I bought my laptop to now, there has been an extremely annoying problem. Every second, the display stops updating for a fraction of a second, then starts again. It's as simple as that. CPU, Disk, RAM usage are all normal. It's even evident in my videos. Here is an...