Windows 10: System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus

Discus and support System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All Recently did a clean install, possibly stupidly put back Avast, not sure yet, reliability history shows after clean install on the 19th,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 27, 2016.

1. System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus

Hi All

Recently did a clean install, possibly stupidly put back Avast, not sure yet, reliability history shows after clean install on the 19th, warnings and errors, Mostly Microsoft Edge cp, stopped working, Windows background playback at times, SL voice.exe, Windows not shutdown properly, yet I did hit Shift while I clicked shutdown due to Thunderstorm. Avast is latest version. All I want is stability, with decent protection so I can game, and do my productive tasks.

Guess I should've stuck with Defender after all, and Malwarebytes

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 Creators Update

Most of the time, the issue is with an incompatible driver or system-wide program such as a custom antivirus program. Could I ask if you use a 3rd party antivirus?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 27, 2016
  3. Edgehtml.dll crashes when I run the Dx1

Is there any possibility to make sure that the Edgehtml.dll crash is related with the Windows Store application/3rd party libs issues, or it is an Edge bug?

AnnaBatyaeva, Aug 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus

Hi, I've been running Avast (free) since release of Win 10- no problems.

dalchina, Aug 27, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    Bastet, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Removal Tool ran, and Avast completely reinstalled--Check
    Defender Periodic Scan off--Check

About to run sfc /scannow, and dism cleanup online image, then think PC perfect as gonna be, Crashes are less now since Avast clean install according to Reliability monitor, been running system a few hours now, yes woke up bright and early to get to work on this lol, currently 7:36am Eastern, been up since 4a.m. officially

So shortly will mark this thread as solved, and think I solved all the issues

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus

1. System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus - Similar Threads - System Issues Possibly

2. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  3. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  4. 3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.: Hi Microsoft i have a problem with Windows defender that say microsoft defneder is turned on and my 3rd party antivirus is turned on. normally my 3rd party antivirus is turned on and microsoft defender is turned off but for some reason microsoft defender turns on when my 3rd...
  5. Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus

Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus: Basically the title, I was told that windows security doesn't even operate when you have a 3rd party anti virus installed. Is this true? I thought windows security and kaspersky for example worked back to back. Thanks :) Windows 20H2 179412
  6. Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:

Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:: If I download a 3rd party antivirus, Microsoft Defender turns itself off. How long can it remain in the off disabled mode before the software becomes outdated/corrupt and will not come back on if or when I uninstall the 3rd party antivirus? Can you leave it disabled for 6...
  7. Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus: Hi I have a problem with Windows Security, it doesn't working. I have NOD32 antivirus installed on my pc and everything worked great till now. I didn't do anything special with the pc, only restarts the pc and the issue started. At the beginning the pc run into safe mode...
  8. 3rd party antivirus software

3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  9. Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus

Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus: The Site for Files on Demand shows it may not working with some 3rd party antivirus, but wondering which ones, the folder size is the same as it was before I enabled Files on Demand, selected some to keep on Device, and some to save space on my Desktop here Using Currently...
  10. 3rd party vpn issues on connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3rd party vpn issues on connecting: hi, at 1st i thought webroot was the cause of not connecting but after uninstalling it i still can't get zenguard/zenmate to connect, i have followed the instructions from here (The ZenMate VPN for Windows doesn't connect/work. What should I do? – ZenMate Support) but to no...