Windows 10: System Lock Ups

Discus and support System Lock Ups in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now. Occasional system lock ups, happens mostly when gaming, but has also happened while web browsing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by waxball88, Jun 9, 2018.

1. waxball88 Win User

System Lock Ups

Been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now.

Occasional system lock ups, happens mostly when gaming, but has also happened while web browsing. Complete freeze, have to hard reset (no alt-f4, no task manager,etc).

Things I have tried:

Have run multiple memtest86+ (and passmark version as of today) for hours with all passes.

Clean windows install

Bluescreenviewer is a bit ambiguous. Don't get a dump most of the time.

Removing Overclock

Safe mode DDU + Nvidia GPU driver re-install

New SATA cables

Adjusting Ram VCCIO/VCCSA (Some asrock users reported issues)

Have manually updated every single driver in all of the lists.

Disk cleanup

Drive health check

Adjusting power options like PCIE/Hard drive

Disabling C-states

Contacted ASrock, they simple said to RMA, offered no advice.

Whole system is ~6months old (everything bought new)
    I7-7700K (delid LM, 2x240mm rads)
    Asrock Extreme4 z270 (Most recent bios)
    G.skill Ripjaws V 3000 16gb CL15
    2x Samsung 850 Evo SSD (have used separate windows installs with both hard drives)

Seasonic plus 750W modular
    Gtx1070 (also happened with gtx1060) Both were new.

:)

waxball88, Jun 9, 2018

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 10, 2018
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

System Lock Ups

1. System Lock Ups - Similar Threads - System Lock Ups

2. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included: Hey All, I am having a very hard time debugging this issue. My system is locking up fully randomly, often when I have a youtube video playing, and a game open at the same time. Now I will list my system specs. This should not be an issue at all for my system.I run two...
  3. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included: Hey All, I am having a very hard time debugging this issue. My system is locking up fully randomly, often when I have a youtube video playing, and a game open at the same time. Now I will list my system specs. This should not be an issue at all for my system.I run two...
  4. Windows 10 update 2004 locking up system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update 2004 locking up system: I have a very fast and reliable system and went from the last version of Windows 10 to 2004 today and it’s a disaster. The system is locking up after minutes of use ans no matter what I do. Outlook 2019 with the latest update only says “not responding” along with my poor...
  5. system locks up until reboot

in Cortana
    system locks up until reboot: after W10 upgrade installation upon turning on the system all works fine, if I leave the work station and computer goes into sleep mode It become locked and I can not use the machine again without rebooting ... the system locks in in cortina and must be rebooted.?...
  6. Xbox companion app locking up computer system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox companion app locking up computer system: This is really getting annoying now everytime I join a party and try to do something else, it starts to lock up the entire system. It's only the xbox companion app that's causing it, everything else works flawlessly. Can anyone help?...
  7. System keeps locking up and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System keeps locking up and crashing: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff802501e2380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ed9ad44e-bb46-46f0-89b6-d9cdb6748b2f. I have uploaded the mini...
  8. After an update my system keeps locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After an update my system keeps locking up: After an update my computer keeps hard locking and the screen goes black, I know how to remove the update, but honestly I use my PC as an alarm and although it hasn't happened yet I could just not get up in the morning for work because of this. Before the update I could...
  9. System lock ups randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    System lock ups randomly.: Ok, I have done everything I know how to do and am completely at a loss now. My pc consist of the following parts: CPU:6700k GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC. MB Asus Z170PRO RAM 16gb DDR4 SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 - WD Black Edition 2TB. Temps on the pc are amazing they idle...
  10. Total system lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Total system lock up: Hello all, I have a custom built PC that seems to have quite a unique issue. (Or so google thinks) I am unable to load anything other than the bios. When i attempt to boot into windows the computer locks up. When i attempt to choose the repair computer in boot options...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock ups